Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests

5 posters

Go down

Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  Empty Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/38526_Florida_Tea_Party_Gov._Is_About_to_Start_Drug_Testing_Welfare_Recipients

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmhrPeA2a0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFvIge4tKg

This is more proof that our so called elected officials are corrupt and evil !

Back to top Go down

Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  Empty Re: Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests

Post by Abbie Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm

The tea party believes in limited government alright, representation and inclusion is limited to the tea party, the rich and large corporations.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests  Empty Re: Florida Welfare Recipients Have To Pay For Their Own Mandatory Drug Tests

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed May 11, 2011 10:26 pm

They really need to hit the streets and Recall that AHOL Scott. He is such an BLeep #%$&**@&&$*@@

He had a yankee coat of and threw the first pitch at a game and they BOOOOOED him. Makes me SICK to see him wearing my teams colors. He might just turn FL into a blue state.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm not sure about the likely hood of him being "Recalled"

We're probably stuck with him until the next election but I'm wondering why the Attorney General (or somebody) isn't looking into this further because in my opinion this is a clear violation of ethics and is a form of State-corporate crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 am

Yeah it is a clear conflict of interest. That would be like owning thousands of shares of ford stock and requiring everyone in Florida to own a ford. Yet, people still vote for these clowns.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

This is a little creepy, and alot stupid

America1st. I agree it is definetly a conflict of interest and should be investigated, and prosecuted. In all reality it's so blatant I just say prosecute, but what do I know?

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 am

This unconstitutional crap from the tea party of the constitution has already been struck down back in 2003. Hello tea party hello, does the 4th amendment protection or any others only apply to you? These so-called patriots are sickening.

DETROIT - Michigan's attempt to impose mandatory drug tests on all welfare recipients has finally come to an end, the American Civil Liberties Union announced today after a settlement was reached with the Family Independence Agency (FIA). The FIA can now require drug testing of welfare recipients only where there is a reasonable suspicion that the recipient is using drugs.

http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform/settlement-reached-aclu-michigan-lawsuit-over-mandatory-drug-testing-welfare-recipie
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 am

I read the article, but it didn't state what determined "reasonable suspicion". This could be at the discretion of the state social worker and cause further discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 am

In that case DIRI, I would guess the social worker better hope you turn up positive. IDK, I just get sick and tired of these so called constitutionalists contorting everything to suit their agenda.

This is what the judge said:

In halting the implementation of Michigan’s drug testing law, U.S. District Court Judge Victoria Roberts ruled that the state's rationale for testing welfare recipients “could be used for testing the parents of all children who received Medicaid, State Emergency Relief, educational grants or loans, public education or any other benefit from that State.”[18] Indeed, any of the justifications put forth to subject welfare recipients to random drug testing would also by logical extension apply to the entirety of our population that receives some public benefit and/or that is a parent. It is clear that our constitution – and common sense – would object to the random drug testing of this large group of people, making the drug testing of an equally absurd category of people – welfare recipients – unconstitutional as well.

http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform/drug-testing-public-assistance-recipients-condition-eligibility
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by msjess4 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

This man is something else. I have read that he is going to also implemate drug testing for unemployment recipients. He will have us pay for this as well. Drug tests aren't cheap. Does anyone know when is going to start drug testing unemployment recipients? I read that if the drug test is passed you will be reimbursed but how long will that take. A long time I am sure. I also read that Rick Scott owns several drug testing company's. Is this money going into his pocket? I am blown away at how the unfortunate are being treated. We are poor therefore we are drug addicts. There are wealthy drug addicts but it's ok because they have money right. Drugs are everywhere not just in the poor community. What a jerk.

msjess4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I think it's doubtful it would ever pass. They can't legally force anyone to take the test and pay for it. Some may try, but it won't pass.

In cases that do allow for testing in PA and NJ are when children are removed from homes due to neglect and the parent or parents are addicts. In order to regain custody they have to stay clean and submit to testing every 8 weeks. I have also heard that when their are complaints of neglect and abuse reported by friends, family and neighbors that they will test if they think the parents behavior is indicative of addicted behavior. In none of those cases is the parent responsible to pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down