Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls.

Go down

New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. Empty New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls.

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 pm

New Yorkers are dropping out of the job market -- and joining the government welfare rolls.
Take the Feds' food stamp program, where nearly 3 million New Yorkers are currently enrolled. According to the latest figures from the United States Department of Agriculture, more than 263,000 New Yorkers applied in February for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or food stamps.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/it_is_not_working_o3zOcmPmSUIbogrz9gmPAN#ixzz1LnvkAnT4

This article sort of pissed me off. Maybe I am misinterpreting it, but it seems like they are making us out to look like villains on foodstamps? Suspect

Back to top Go down

New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. Empty Re: New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls.

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Nationally, the US Labor Department reports a 1.5 million decline in the unemployment levels over the last year, but the USDA reports 4.6 million Americans have signed up for food stamps over the same period.

Could that be the 99ers, who have no choice but to apply for food stamps, which now, with the high cost of food, only last 2 weeks out of the month, if you are lucky!

BLeep

Back to top Go down

New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls. Empty Re: New Yorkers Dropping out of job market and joining welfare rolls.

Post by hello Mon May 09, 2011 2:21 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
Nationally, the US Labor Department reports a 1.5 million decline in the unemployment levels over the last year, but the USDA reports 4.6 million Americans have signed up for food stamps over the same period.

Could that be the 99ers, who have no choice but to apply for food stamps, which now, with the high cost of food, only last 2 weeks out of the month, if you are lucky!

BLeep

I made mine last 1 month. You have to buy a lot of potatoes and learn how to cook different potatoe dishes. Buy minced meat as well and learn how to cook food which lasts a while. Spagetti and minced meat is a good choice. Cheap and can last upto a week. I would also recommend looking into curry style dishes which you can pour over rice. I bought my own flour and now make home made tortillas as well. A 20 pound bag of flour is around 8.99 in california. I also bought a 10 pound bag of rice for 8.99. Ofcourse all this is based on the fact I am single. If you have kids I have no clue if you get more money on food stamps or not.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum