Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Has anyone heard from MoInSTL?

5 posters

Go down

Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? Empty Has anyone heard from MoInSTL?

Post by JoanB Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:27 pm

The last post I saw was last night!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Has anyone heard from MoInSTL? Empty Re: Has anyone heard from MoInSTL?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:33 pm

No, she hasn't signed in today. The tornado that struck there late yesterday hit the airport from what I read. There were several minor injuries. However, other areas had severe storms and damaging winds. She is probably without power or internet access right now.

Hopefully, that is the worst of it.
Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 pm

I hope MoInSTL checks in soon. I have cookies. Very Happy
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh yeah? I have beer! It's even girl beer (light)!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:04 pm

I live 3/4 mile from where it touched down ( I am just south of airport). Power just came up. Down for 25 hours.

I was scared shitless. I hunkered down in my hall closet & heard a loud WHOOSH and power went out at the same time. It barely missed us. Lots of trees & limbs down and on houses but nothing like the total destruction of so many homes. Our public works director said we were missed by a quarter mile.

I'm exhausted.

More tomorrow.

First time since 1960 one has hit North County.

Just seeing devastation on TV. Not at all like a farm with a barn. This is densely populated. They are thinking our's was EF-4 (166-200 mph). Affected 9 municipalities. If anyone wants to see how blessed I am I live in the municipality of Edmundson, MO 63134. And see how close I am to the airport, I am just south of I-70. It came down I-70 to the airport.

Seven confirmed tornadoes.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1905p15-here-we-go-again-tornado-watch#19635

Last edited by MoInSTL on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm so glad to hear you're all right! Thanks for letting us know.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:40 pm

omg mo! I would of been scared too!!! affraid
I am so glad you are ok. thanks for checking in!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 pm

I was awake until 3:30AM. Too much adrenalin to sleep. This was on par with the utter terror of 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake (world series earthquake). I was sooooo scared S&T! At first I though the WHOOSH was it. It was "just" powerful uplift wind from it.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:48 pm

I cant even imagine!! We have a thunderstorm with winds here and I am scared! I cant imagine going through that! How is your property? Is there a ton of damage?

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:I cant even imagine!! We have a thunderstorm with winds here and I am scared! I cant imagine going through that! How is your property? Is there a ton of damage?

I had an 80' problem tree cut down 2 years ago. My property is okay. Streets were impassible from tree limbs but I did't go anywhere until late this afternoon to get easy dinner items like soup & goldfish crackers. Had to keep refrigerator closed.

My sister lives 12 miles south of me and she called at 7AM in tears. She was scared for me and she is a tough cookie. One can't imagine the number of houses near me that are leveled.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 am

I am glad you and your family are ok. I pray no one was in those houses!

ongoing prayers to you and all those affected Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 am

I've never been through any actual ones, but have been in general areas where they were happening, and that's scary enough when the sky looks that sick, evil color. And if you're on a highway, any descision you should choose to make could be good, could be bad, and you have no way of knowing until it's too late.

Soup and goldfish crackers sound to me like the perfect post-tornado food. Or maybe grilled cheese sandwiches with pickes. You can have that the next dayl

Is sounds like you don't have power--are jucing up the laptop somewhere else? Do you have water? Heat?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:04 am

so glad you are o.k. I'm glad I don't live where there are tornados. Where I live we just have hurricanes, which I would rather experience I think.
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 am

Hey Mo, I am so glad to hear you are OK. I was watching the weather channel when the tornado came through STL, I thought of you and SunshineMary, who BTW, is OK too. We were within a tornado by a 1/4 mile once a few years ago and it is scary as heck, more so because it was dark out and we couldn't see anything but we could hear it coming. I am glad you guys are all OK.

Take care
Abbie

Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Abbie wrote:Hey Mo, I am so glad to hear you are OK. I was watching the weather channel when the tornado came through STL, I thought of you and SunshineMary, who BTW, is OK too. We were within a tornado by a 1/4 mile once a few years ago and it is scary as heck, more so because it was dark out and we couldn't see anything but we could hear it coming. I am glad you guys are all OK.

Take care
Abbie

How is SunshineMary? I miss her and hope all is well with her. Is she still working part-time?

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Latest info is 2600 homes damaged and 220 destroyed. The EF-4 is what leveled Bridgeton and EF-2 here at the airport. It's a miracle no one died or was even seriously injured. I heard less than 1% of tornadoes are an EF-4 or 5. 67% of a 4 or 5 have fatalities.

The local TV & radio media did a great job warning everyone. Because it became a long track tornado (22 miles) like the ones usually found in the Plains like Kansas or Nebraska, the media had a good idea when it would hit here. When the weather guy said my area in 4 minutes, I called my retired neighbors (who are great friends) and said to take cover now and got in my closet.

Abbie, that must have been weird. I would like to see that footage. I have missed most of the coverage. Did you hear a WHOOSH! type noise? 1/4 mile is too darn close. My elderly neighbor behind me heard the same thing. I talked to my other neighbor who has lived here since 1968 and he said that when the wind is that powerful and an uplift in the the air it doesn't sound like wind. The front of my house was splattered only with leaves and "helicopters" and other yard junk. But it sured showed me why they say to stay away from windows as there are bits of organic debris all over them. It's too soggy to even try cleaning up outside yet. We have had rain for days on end. They said we could have 12" of rain during this period! Glad SunshineMary is okay too.

My power has stayed up. I was so bummed out to have it for 3 hours and then out another 12 after being out for 25. But I am lucky. The power company called in crews from all over and the crew here yesterday was from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

JoanB, I have gas. So my water heater and stove work with no power. I can't use the oven because it's an electronic ignition. As you know, a oven come on and goes off to regulate the heat. I have a box of kitchen matches for the stove burners though. I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but I couldn't open my refrigerator for my sliced cheese. My laptop was only good for playing Solitaire.

mrmarti, I went through hurricane Betsy in Florida when I was 12. It's quite a sight and I can remember sneaking close to a window and watching the palm trees bend over a lot before my mom caught me.

MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down