Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Lawrence O'Donnell: Trump: America's Frontman on Racism

+3
Angelicrisis
New_Wave_Princess
JoanB
7 posters

Go down

Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism Empty Lawrence O'Donnell: Trump: America's Frontman on Racism

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:14 am

Excellent segment from "The Last Word" with Lawrence O'Donnell. Makes you wonder what is going through some people's mind and a very scary look at the true motives of a possible Trump 2012 Presidential Campaign.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42712265#42712231

Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism Cathai10

Even Trump kitteh would make a better president than
"The Donald"

Back to top Go down

Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism Empty Re: Lawrence O'Donnell: Trump: America's Frontman on Racism

Post by JoanB Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Hehehe...as if this weren't already disturbing enough.

The only good thing about this asshat is that finally the media doesn't seem to feel compelled to report on what Sara Palin says or does on a daily basis anymore.

As for what's going through people's minds, it's racism he's appealing to for sure. But it's something else too.

Ever since Bush Sr. lost what was supposed to be his second term, it seems to me that Republicans have refused to recognize the legitimacy of Democrats when they win elections. Remember the outrage back then? Their guy was supposed to win, and when he didn't, they started trying to knock Bill Clinton down even before Inauguration Day, and they kept it up through most of Bush Jr's 1st term.

They haven't truly believed in democracy in a very long time. I think that explains why they are so willing to cheat in elections.

I don't mean to minimize the racism of that bunch. It's undeniable and it's disgusting. But to truly understand what we're up against, I think we need to face this other thing too.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Lawrence O'Donnell:  Trump: America's Frontman on Racism Empty Re: Lawrence O'Donnell: Trump: America's Frontman on Racism

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Trump is a pompous jerk who loves attention. I would never watch his show because of this (though I have no interest either)though he's an arrogant jerk. I remember when his last kid was born and him saying "Trumps don't change diapers". That rubbed me the wrong way.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:Trump is a pompous jerk who loves attention. I would never watch his show because of this (though I have no interest either)though he's an arrogant jerk. I remember when his last kid was born and him saying "Trumps don't change diapers". That rubbed me the wrong way.

His oldest daughter, Ivanka, went to a prep school in Wallingford, CT, Choate, with my nephew, who played hockey there. She was a hockey groupie and they got to know each other. One Thanksgiving eve, my nephew, who may have been around 17 at the time, was waiting for a taxi to take him to the train station to come home to RI for the holiday weekend. Ivanka's limo pulled up in front of his dorm where he was waiting and she offered him a ride back to RI rather than take the train. At first Chris said "no" because it was out of the way - she lived in NYC, but she insisted. She said to him, "It's okay, I don't have anything better to do anyway. I have nothing to go home to. Both of my parents are out of the country, I'll be alone anyway". I think at that point, my nephew realized the importance of "family" and no amount of money could ever replace that. Needless to say, he accepted the ride home because he felt bad for her. Sad

That is the main reason I can't even stand to see his face, never mind a self-centered jerk like that with no family values being our President.

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:12 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:Trump is a pompous jerk who loves attention. I would never watch his show because of this (though I have no interest either)though he's an arrogant jerk. I remember when his last kid was born and him saying "Trumps don't change diapers". That rubbed me the wrong way.

His oldest daughter, Ivanka, went to a prep school in Wallingford, CT, Choate, with my nephew, who played hockey there. She was a hockey groupie and they got to know each other. One Thanksgiving eve, my nephew, who may have been around 17 at the time, was waiting for a taxi to take him to the train station to come home to RI for the holiday weekend. Ivanka's limo pulled up in front of his dorm where he was waiting and she offered him a ride back to RI rather than take the train. At first Chris said "no" because it was out of the way - she lived in NYC, but she insisted. She said to him, "It's okay, I don't have anything better to do anyway. I have nothing to go home to. Both of my parents are out of the country, I'll be alone anyway". I think at that point, my nephew realized the importance of "family" and no amount of money could ever replace that. Needless to say, he accepted the ride home because he felt bad for her. Sad

That is the main reason I can't even stand to see his face, never mind a self-centered jerk like that with no family values being our President.

That is really sad that he would value his career over his family but have heard that. From what I've heard his kids are way more down to earth than he is, probably because of dealing with them coming last in his life.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:28 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

Wow, that was a brilliant post Desperate.

I think it just emphasized exactly what is wrong with this country, and at the same time proved that there is hope. Your nephew sounds like a stand up guy and what a lesson. I wonder what he thinks when he sees the commercials for Trump's lame show?

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 pm

OK, such sound reason to write him off as a possible candidate. Let me see here, on the Greatest World Tour since the Beatles, it seems Obummer is out of the Country more than he is in it. And you see how well he's done creating jobs.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 pm

delko wrote:OK, such sound reason to write him off as a possible candidate. Let me see here, on the Greatest World Tour since the Beatles, it seems Obummer is out of the Country more than he is in it. And you see how well he's done creating jobs.

George Bush took more time off in his presidency and the President cannot create jobs. Congress can pass legislation to provide incentives for employers to hire, and they have tried several times, but the Grande Old Party has always said "NO"!

As far as traveling outside the country, I believe that is part of his job. He is, after all, a world leader.

To be honest, I would rather see Bush back in office than to see "The Donald" as president.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:47 pm

I might even go there do DIRI.

Electing Trump would be like letting GE or Bank of America run the country. I won't vote for a CEO.

Obama could have been better but he could have been much, much worse.
The only way trump will be Obama is if the public takes the attitude of "anyone but Obama" and it won't get bad enough. If Bush can get elected twice anyone can.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

Ivanka's two children were recently baptised in the Jordan River. Also present were Rupert and Wendi Murdoch whose two daughters were also baptised during the same private rite. Donald did not attend. Too busy elsewhere?

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 pm

An interesting perspective on Trump:

2. The ‘birther’ issue is coded racism

Then there is the ‘birther’ issue. I regard this as coded racism, frankly. I don’t think there’s any other word for it.

For goodness' sake, George Stephanopoulos displayed Obama's Certificate of Live Birth on network TV and this rumor still doesn't die. Put it this way: If the President was a white man named John Smith with the other background issues being the same - foreign student father, mother in Hawaii, etc. - would there be any of these dark insinuations? Trump should be ashamed of himself. But then, I suppose, he wouldn't be Donald Trump.

I don’t think that the 'birther' issue the real appeal of Trump, anyway. It has just helped Trump get free media and rise up in the polls. His real appeal is the fantasy that he can somehow get us out of the mess we’re in.

The reality, however, is that only we can get us out of the mess we’re in.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/22/fareed-zakaria-on-the-donald-trump-fantasy/
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Yes, even though he went through every vetting process that any other presidential candidate has, the black president has to prove that he is an American.

While not all and maybe not even most birthers are racist, racism is what started the birther movement.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yes, even though he went through every vetting process that any other presidential candidate has, the black president has to prove that he is an American.

While not all and maybe not even most birthers are racist, racism is what started the birther movement.

It is only my opinion, but I believe that racism is what escalated the Tea Party movement. I realize that every party and every movement has its extremists, but from some of the articles, videos, etc. that I have seen coming for the TP lately it is pretty clear to me that it is racism hiding behind the mantra of "stop big government".

GettheminNOVEMBER posted a video the other day, and I saw it tweeted again today, that really left me speechless.

http://current.com/news/93159160_teabagger-uses-racism-to-explain-that-the-tea-party-is-not-racist.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Yes, even though he went through every vetting process that any other presidential candidate has, the black president has to prove that he is an American.

It is only my opinion, but I believe that racism is what escalated the Tea Party movement. I realize that every party and every movement has its extremists, but from some of the articles, videos, etc. that I have seen coming for the TP lately it is pretty clear to me that it is racism hiding behind the mantra of "stop big government".

GettheminNOVEMBER posted a video the other day, and I saw it tweeted again today, that really left me speechless.

http://current.com/news/93159160_teabagger-uses-racism-to-explain-that-the-tea-party-is-not-racist.htm

No one except a racist uses the word "negras".
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:52 am

DesperateInRI wrote:

Yes, huckleberry you ARE a racist.

I just watched this and I could not stop laughing.
So he says that the tea party are not racists but he calls black people criminals and says that the reason they are the same place they were 50 years ago is because their race is inferior. Well, they aren't EXACTLY where they were 50 years ago. One of them is now President.

That's the obvious and I will push it aside. Let's move on to fascism.

This is proof positive that the tea party are fascists. They may not know what a fascist is but that is what they are. This guy openly admits that he doesn't want black people to vote ,wants only certain "educated" people to vote, which I assume is their own education, and claims to stand for America?

Is this the constitution? Is this the America we want?

They are the opposite of what they claim to be.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 am

This guy is a racist. Probably a member of the KKK and married to his sister too. This guy is proof stupid people shouldn't vote. Idiots.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum