Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Fed Up With A Hospital Job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Fed Up With A Hospital Job

5 posters

Go down

Fed Up With A Hospital Job Empty Fed Up With A Hospital Job

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I applied for two jobs and was interviewed for both and got neither. I applied for a much lesser job and less than 24 hours later I got the following:

Thank you for your interest in employment at XXX HealthCare. After careful evaluation, we are pursuing other candidates who more closely meet the requirements of the Customer Support Technician - IS Help Desk position. Therefore, we will no longer be proceeding with your application.

We appreciate your interest in XXX HealthCare and encourage you to continue to apply to other positions which meet your qualifications.

This is just a Help Desk job and I don't even get a second look?
MAD

Last edited by MoInSTL on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Fed Up With A Hospital Job Empty Re: Fed Up With A Hospital Job

Post by Sunrise Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry MoInSTL. pale It can be very frustrating when you feel like you should have at least gotten an interview.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Unfortunately it isn't just hospital jobs - it is everywhere. Everyday I receive feedback like that from the resumes and apps I submit, to even low-paying, part-time jobs that really require no experience at all. I thought I was getting used to it. For some reason, the past few days have been very discouraging. I am ready to just give up and face the fact I'm never going to have a life again. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 pm

So sorry Mo Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:11 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Unfortunately it isn't just hospital jobs - it is everywhere.

I wasn't clear since I was venting. Wink

It is the same hospital I had interviews with in December & January. It sounded like I was referring to hospitals in general. I was referring to the same damn one.

And another thing! I had a phone appointment at 10AM with a Veteran Employment Coordinator who said she had all day available. Hung up when severe storms rolled through and called her back 20 minutes later. She said she had a conference call and would call me back. I asked how long the call would be and she said about an hour. Well, it's a full hour past the time she said. It's now 2:15 my time. WTH? Available all day?? Another wasted day!

Then, I saw an email from a vet employment guy at Work Force office who said he had helped a Navy woman vet get a job at the electric company here. I responded to it and it said to go look at their web site and good luck! Turned out his "help" consisted of referring her to their site. BFD!

I hate all of the so-called veteran employment help that was mandated to provide assistance.

Frustrated
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Just getting caught up here and I am sorry to hear that. Just remember its got NOTHING to do with you. Its the times and its not your fault. Please keep venting we are here to listen. Fed Up With A Hospital Job 769716
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear that Mo. Im amazed you actually got a response at all. 99% of the time I hear nothing at all.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:19 pm

These people like the vet reps have been in these jobs since the 1970's. They NEVER go meet with potential employers, they never leave their offices. They send out a job list everyday and occasional jokes. Part of their job is to develop relationships with employers. For two years I have contacted this "vet rep" asking if he has any contacts or an inside track with a particular employer. Each & every time his answer has been "no idea". He is there for his paycheck and that's it. He needs to retire.

I called my Senator's office and the guy who answered is there alone. Will follow up next week.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Sorry to hear that Mo. Im amazed you actually got a response at all. 99% of the time I hear nothing at all.

Do you know I have applied there 2+ years for IT jobs? Until December I got these form reject emails all the time and now still do.

The preferred education was a BA or MASTER'S degree for a help desk job! Evil or Very Mad

I am so frustrated, angry and bummed out. More so than usual.

Last edited by MoInSTL on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Sorry to hear that Mo. Im amazed you actually got a response at all. 99% of the time I hear nothing at all.

Fed Up With A Hospital Job 806957 X2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:26 pm

That's insanity for a help desk job. Its a sign of the times...Its a real shame. People's skills arent being utilized.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:That's insanity for a help desk job. Its a sign of the times...Its a real shame. People's skills arent being utilized.

Their minimum was HS and 3 months experience. I guess the preferred Master's degree knocked me out of further consideration which is why there was such a quick turnaround.

Btw, phone help desk. No desk side help. Level 1 stuff. All calls for assistance have to go to help desk first.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 am

While I don't agree with them, if a job requires a masters they won't take less. That's how it is now. Having said that hospital jobs are hard to get. There is one hospital near me that I've applied to 30 times and only once did they call for an interview. Most of these jobs I was perfect for and still rejection. The one job they did call me about did the whole bait and switch. What was supposed to be a $40,000 marketing job turned into a part time $12 hour job 20 hours a week "assisting" others by cleaning out the cabinets and stapling papers.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum