Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
wonderin??? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
wonderin??? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
wonderin??? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
wonderin??? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
wonderin??? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
wonderin??? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
wonderin??? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
wonderin??? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
wonderin??? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
wonderin??? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
wonderin??? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
wonderin??? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
wonderin??? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
wonderin??? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
wonderin??? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

wonderin???

Go down

wonderin??? Empty wonderin???

Post by mikeyweb Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

I must type i dont know what the closing of the unemployed friends forum was about dont really care either as someone who posted there i was looking for anserws , suggestions ideas...maybe even a laugh to lighten the load what the deal was with the sorrowfull closing and odd cloak and dagger stuff about dont try and talk me out of closing it and things that have been posetd about this site and accusations i was basically huh ? wha?? seemed quite self aggrandazing and of no conmsequence to the plight of the unemployed even simple things like forums get wound up in ego? I mean seriously a forum? anyway thats my rant forums are by the unemployed for the unemployed or at least thats what i thought hope things appeal to that here.

mikeyweb

Back to top Go down

wonderin??? Empty Re: wonderin???

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi mikeyweb,

It is true that some unpleasantness occurred during the last-days of our original and wonderful UFF. The explanation, I am sure, is complex - convoluted - and probably not really a high-value topic for historical researches. We all have better things to do with our time, whether we are working or not!

We should all be immensely grateful for the amount of heart and work that C and Jenny put into UFF. I for one am very grateful, and I had already been fully reemployed for several months prior to joining . . .

I am of the opinion that UFF2 should not try to be like UFF1, nor like the new DAWU - which in many ways mirrors UFF1, and is the site where a number of "the usual suspects" from UFF1 have resettled.

Rather, referencing your comment about the "plight of the unemployed," it would seem to me to be serendipity - as well as a worthy transition - to have UFF2 focus the Forum on helping the unemployed become re-employed. Pooled intellectual contributions to help Members of UFF to improve their hireability and the effectiveness of their job-hunt activities seems to me to be a worthwhile endeavor.

I hope that you - and also others - can contribute and benefit from this type of knowledgebase resource.

WW

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyweb Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 pm

To that i simply post amen!

mikeyweb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 am

mikeyweb wrote:To that i simply post amen!

Hi mikeyweb,

And, in reply, I post the universal reply: "Hallelujah."

So, what kind of work are you looking for? What is your basic vocational background and so forth? What type of positions, other than your primary field, would you also consider as employment options? Share some general info mikeyweb, and then pose some job-search questions that you've been pondering !

WW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum