Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Oh My Goodness!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Oh My Goodness!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Oh My Goodness!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Oh My Goodness!!

2 posters

Go down

Oh My Goodness!! Empty Oh My Goodness!!

Post by minimoe Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I check the online status of my payment today and it tells me the payment has been processed but then down below that it tells me my payment method is "paper Check".. I have always had it direct deposited onto my netspend card. I email them to ask whats going on and I get this responce from them..

Effective today (4/12), all customers that have their benefits direct deposited to pre-paid debit card accounts, have been placed on paper warrants. We can no longer forward funds to pre-paid debit cards. Until you change your method of payment by entering a qualified bank routing number and account number or elect the Unemployment Compensation’s debit card as a payment option, you will continue to receive paper warrants in the mail.
Without any warning?? Thats just not right. It takes me FIVE days to get a paper check from them here in Leesburg.. Thats the reason I went to the direct deposit in the first place :-( Sorry im just really upset. I dont understand why they would do this, and I REALLY dont userstand why they wouldnt at least pre warn us

minimoe

Back to top Go down

Oh My Goodness!! Empty Re: Oh My Goodness!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:29 pm

minimoe wrote:I check the online status of my payment today and it tells me the payment has been processed but then down below that it tells me my payment method is "paper Check".. I have always had it direct deposited onto my netspend card. I email them to ask whats going on and I get this responce from them..

Effective today (4/12), all customers that have their benefits direct deposited to pre-paid debit card accounts, have been placed on paper warrants. We can no longer forward funds to pre-paid debit cards. Until you change your method of payment by entering a qualified bank routing number and account number or elect the Unemployment Compensation’s debit card as a payment option, you will continue to receive paper warrants in the mail.
Without any warning?? Thats just not right. It takes me FIVE days to get a paper check from them here in Leesburg.. Thats the reason I went to the direct deposit in the first place :-( Sorry im just really upset. I dont understand why they would do this, and I REALLY dont userstand why they wouldnt at least pre warn us

They should have pre-warned you. I have heard about a lot of scams with pre-paid debit cards, but they should have given warning that they were going to do that. Doesn't your state offer a debit card for unemployment for those that don't have bank accounts? In RI, as well as many states, Chase issues the card for direct deposit of ui payments. It takes about a week after you notify the unemployment office you want that option to get that card, it works just like a regular Atm card, but is a lot safer than a prepaid debit card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Get a netspend account its exactly like a bank account you can have your check deposited to that. Its a prepaid Visa you can use it anywhere and there online services are great as well.

https://www.netspend.com/account/authenticate.m
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by minimoe Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Jobless Netspend is what I have and have been using and I love it.. But you cant use it here anymore, thats what im talking about :-(

minimoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi. My best advice would be get a state issue card. Don't take long to get. desp is right, works like atm card. Only unemplyment can be put on it but still it is a good deal. No fees or nothing.

Good luck with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 pm

minimoe wrote:Jobless Netspend is what I have and have been using and I love it.. But you cant use it here anymore, thats what im talking about :-(

Oh... Thats weird, I wonder why there is an issue with it.. IM sorry to hear that. Ive been using netspend for 2 years now.

Best of luck.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum