Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two!

5 posters

Go down

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! Empty "I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm

As we draw closer to a government shutdown, I have been reading with great interest. You see, I am a federal employee employed at Fort Drum as a civilian mail clerk. I am looking at the possibility of a furlough for as long as it takes for Congress to reach an agreement. It could be days or it could be weeks, but regardless of how long, I am more concerned at how much. How much will this affect my family? How much will it hurt us financially? The uncertainty is maddening as I, and my fellow federal workers, watch the stage show that is called Washington Politics gamble with our way of making a living.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-arsenault/federal-employee-government-shutdown_b_845678.html

Back to top Go down

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! Empty Re: "I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two!

Post by americatheneedy Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Welcome to our world!!! Are we really supposed to care when some of us havn't collected a check from a job or even unemployment for years??? Fresh out of sympathy.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! Empty Re: "I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 pm

I recently had a testing date for a federal job. When I arrived, the competition didn't really seem to bad. About six of us tested for the one position, and the testing coordinator wanted to let us know that we were not the only group for testing. She told us that there were going to be two more testing sessions, but they had set them out for the out of state group. She thought it could be another month or so before we would get more notice regarding our status. We asked about the out of state applicants, and she was really up front - said they had to make room for them in the process. Made sense to all of us, but changed the odds for us locals considerably. She called me a month later, the entire job posting had been pulled. I asked if they had tested the other, and they had. Glad I wasn't spending funds to seek out that job!!! Oh, and it wasn't even a high paid gov't position.

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 am

I hope they do shut down. And I really hope they take all that money they save and pass it to us.

I saw an interview with a gov employee and she was so appaled that she may loose a few days to a week of pay. "How am I going to feed my 3 year old" she said.
What a selfish crock. If she is dumb enough to let the lack of 1 week pay starve her kid she should not be employed by the gov.

what about all the 99er's kids. Why shouldn't they loose some money like the rest of us.

I HOPE THEY SHUT DOWN AND PASS THAT MONEY TO US !!!
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:09 am

troycomic wrote:I hope they do shut down. And I really hope they take all that money they save and pass it to us.

I saw an interview with a gov employee and she was so appaled that she may loose a few days to a week of pay. "How am I going to feed my 3 year old" she said.
What a selfish crock. If she is dumb enough to let the lack of 1 week pay starve her kid she should not be employed by the gov.

what about all the 99er's kids. Why shouldn't they loose some money like the rest of us.

Is this the person you are talking about?

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1616-i-am-a-federal-employee-boy-could-we-tell-her-a-thing-or-two

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
troycomic wrote:I hope they do shut down. And I really hope they take all that money they save and pass it to us.

Is this the person you are talking about?

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1616-i-am-a-federal-employee-boy-could-we-tell-her-a-thing-or-two

Not sure, I saw a video of a blonde girl. If she knew what the 99ers are going through she'd be singing a diff. tune. I never hoped that an emp. would loose some pay until I saw her.

troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! Empty Federal Employee Furlough

Post by 4got10 Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 am

I remember when I first lost my job “through no fault of my own”. I was devastated and stressed but found some consolation knowing I could collect unemployment benefits.

This government worker learning she will lose income due to a government shutdown “through no fault of her own” and for who knows how long, cannot collect unemployment benefits. Perhaps she can start collecting UC after one week. Nonetheless, those already living check to check can’t afford to lose one week of income due to a government shutdown. I would not wish anyone loss of income especially while supporting children. Being a 99er and a victim of this recession has made me more compassionate and understanding to the struggles of the unemployed and underemployed.

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:43 am

I'm trying to feel some sympathy for these people but I used about all of it up on my family members, friends and ex co-workers, who are in various stages of going homeless and without since 2008 and no one gives a *hit about them either.

Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 am

americatheneedy wrote:Welcome to our world!!! Are we really supposed to care when some of us havn't collected a check from a job or even unemployment for years??? Fresh out of sympathy.

Agreed x 2. I cannot believe how the guests on CNN are so concerned about people not getting paid, hahaha. Welcome to the show. I could not care less if they never collected another paycheck. Some even came on TV and said they just cannot survive without their weekly paycheck, unbelievable. They are saying this as 30,000,000 people are on UC, EUC, EB, HUB or receiving nothing as their benefits are exhausted, this just as us, through no fault of their own. How does it feel, it stinks. What comes around goes around. Sounds like I am a mean, nasty person, I am not. Shame on them, they will come back and be paid overtime to catch up with their work, they will actually make out if the Government shuts down. Won't be fighting for their money like we had to do either. I have no sympathy for them, most knew what we were going through, but didn't care, how will they think about us now. I don't think they will give us a second thought. Of course Congress will be paid, what a joke. Oh and one guy came on and said "just tell your creditors your payments will be a couple weeks late," that had me rolling on the floor. "I am sorry CitiBank but my payment will be a couple weeks late." Yeah right! Another rant.
D&C

"I Am a Federal Employee" - Boy, could we tell her a thing or two! 806957 Yep, I will cry you some fake tears.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 am

4got10 wrote:I remember when I first lost my job “through no fault of my own”. I was devastated and stressed but found some consolation knowing I could collect unemployment benefits.

This government worker learning she will lose income due to a government shutdown “through no fault of her own” and for who knows how long, cannot collect unemployment benefits. Perhaps she can start collecting UC after one week. Nonetheless, those already living check to check can’t afford to lose one week of income due to a government shutdown. I would not wish anyone loss of income especially while supporting children. Being a 99er and a victim of this recession has made me more compassionate and understanding to the struggles of the unemployed and underemployed.

Federal employees can collect unemployment insurance. Of course they will have the same one week waiting period and I understand they live week to week. However, I can not feel bad for them because for one week they have to wait for a check like the private sector does when they are laid off PERMANENTLY. At least they know they have a job and their lay-off is not going to last 99 weeks. Shared sacrifice, isn't that Washington's motto these days?

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:28 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
4got10 wrote:I remember when I first lost my job “through no fault of my own”. I was devastated and stressed but found some consolation knowing I could collect unemployment benefits.

Federal employees can collect unemployment insurance. Of course they will have the same one week waiting period and I understand they live week to week. However, I can not feel bad for them because for one week they have to wait for a check like the private sector does when they are laid off PERMANENTLY. At least they know they have a job and their lay-off is not going to last 99 weeks. Shared sacrifice, isn't that Washington's motto these days?

I understand if the shutdown is longer than one week federal employees can collect unemployment benefits.The UIC waiting week only applies to the second week out of work.The first week without income is lost forever.

Here’s something funny & sad at the same time.
This is how upside our government is; If the shutdown last longer than one week, now 800, 000 employees will collect unemployment compensation “NOT TO PERFORM THEIR WORK”. That’s $340 million each week! Plus nothing gets done in their positions building up a huge backlog if & when they return. I wonder if the geniuses in DC thought of this. You know the famous divorse attorney advice. "sometimes its cheaper to keeper".lol.

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Misery loves company. Let them loose a weeks pay, tough brown stuff.

But I do feel bad for the food vendors, but they'll pick up again.

I think the vacationers are getting the worst of it.

This will seal the deal for our next president Donald Trump.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum