Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!!

+6
troycomic
jmainframe
mistermunster
gettheminNOVEMBER
Angelicrisis
Jobless_in_Ma
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! Empty Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:13 pm

The monthly National Unemployment Rate is due to be released on Friday. This article is in anticipation of that report. Maybe it should be in our "Venting Forum"!

That leaves Thursday's weekly jobless claims report as the best guide, and the trend there has been "heartening," said Deutsche Bank economist Brett Ryan. He said payrolls historically have not turned significantly higher until weekly jobless claims broke below the 400,000 barrier. The four-week moving average, which smooths out weekly volatility, has been below that threshold in four of the past five weeks.

That makes him a bit more optimistic than most about Friday's employment figures. He thinks they will show a gain of 200,000 jobs, with the unemployment rate dipping to 8.8 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42296065/ns/business-eye_on_the_economy/

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! Storyt13

Time to ORGANIZE! If the unemployment rate does drop, it is an indication that more and more people have exhausted their benefits. WAKE UP, Washington - There Are NO Jobs!

mad

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! Empty Re: Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Were all discouraged and "dropped out" of the work force.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! Empty Re: Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!!

Post by Angelicrisis Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:15 pm

What a bunch of B.S. and propaganda...60 minutes just did a story on the outsourcing of jobs saving corportate taxes..Cysco saved 40 billion alone. Things arent getting better, they actually have gotten progressively worse, and this 8.8% is not going to contribute anything but delusion to an already bleak situation.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:What a bunch of B.S. and propaganda...60 minutes just did a story on the outsourcing of jobs saving corportate taxes..Cysco saved 40 billion alone. Things arent getting better, they actually have gotten progressively worse, and this 8.8% is not going to contribute anything but delusion to an already bleak situation.

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! 938557 Well said! Nothing short of what happened in the 30s will change things. Millions Marching and standing together! Will it happen Maybe?? Question
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

The LIES of number crunching to JUSTIFY their propaganda things are getting better. This is a SET UP!!!!! plain and simple.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah, this is just more of the same bull they've been shoving down peoples throats since the lie that the recession ended in the summer of last year!

I just thought of a way out of this nation's problems. Just cook the books. This will make the national debt disappear, increase the value of the dollar, and lower the price of crude!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 pm

jmainframe wrote:Yeah, this is just more of the same bull they've been shoving down peoples throats since the lie that the recession ended in the summer of last year!

I just thought of a way out of this nation's problems. Just cook the books. This will make the national debt disappear, increase the value of the dollar, and lower the price of crude!

It doesn't matter, as they won't cuz. This is ALL about getting the black man in the White House out. That's JOB #1 for the GOPers. Their MAIN platform. WAR, WAR and MORE WAR....and if they can institute a Police state here to round up us troublemakers all the better. I mean come on, They don't want RENTERS to have a vote among other Fascist ideals they have blithered over the last few years. Make no mistake people, this is war on OUR soil. I just watched the 1946 version All The Kings Men. You just watch how corruption and thuggery in the political arena has destroyed the entire process. But the ONE thing in this was "Tell people something OVER, AND OVER they begin to believe it". And that's what is happening now. The LIES have been TOLD and RETOLD so many times, it has BECOME the truth.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 pm

On top of that Munster they want to DUMB down future generations. BLeep
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:On top of that Munster they want to DUMB down future generations. BLeep

They have already done a good job of that so far.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:44 pm

mistermunster wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:On top of that Munster they want to DUMB down future generations. BLeep

They have already done a good job of that so far.

So we are at a Plateau right now? O BOY! It can it get worse?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 am

Americans know the truth. The White House rather report the numbers as 5% just to get rid of the Federal unemployment benefits program and that's exactly what's going to happen because the Democrats have deluded themselves into thinking that the unemployed are better off.

Their way of thinking is going to sink our people deeper into depair than we are already.

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:34 am

Improving? Heck No? There are still no good jobs out there. Now the only jobs available pay $10 an hr. That is not a job, that is sweat shop labor.

In Mexico City there are no beggers. Instead they buy gum at wholesale then sell it at traffic lights. People buy it because they want gum and they want to help. They sell stupid silly gum because they are to proud to beg.

I'm not there yet, but I would rather straight up and honestly ask strangers to buy gum than work for $10 an hr busting my butt & getting used.

$80 a day -$20 taxes - $5 gas = $55 a day x 5= $275 a week to buy over priced food just to "Be Alive". That to me is not living.

I un-hopefully look for jobs everyday. I read the same ads I read 1 year ago. All that is out there is crap. Any sales jobs is commission only and is nothing more than using sales people for free advertisement.

I landed one job for 1 &1/2 months. It was a rip off telemarketing job. I am proud to say I was fired. They wanted me to read a pitch which was a lie then build rapport with they client so they buy my over priced product. It wasn't a complete scam but it was a rip off to both the client and employee. In the short time I was there I saw 16 out of 22 people get fired due to lack of sales. The first day there the manager told me he did NOT GIVE A SH!T IF CLIENT GOT FIRED FOR BUYING OUR OVERPRICED PRODUCT.

The job market is NOT improving, there are just more scams out there.

troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:37 am

troycomic wrote:I landed one job for 1 &1/2 months. It was a rip off telemarketing job. I am proud to say I was fired. They wanted me to read a pitch which was a lie then build rapport with they client so they buy my over priced product. It wasn't a complete scam but it was a rip off to both the client and employee. In the short time I was there I saw 16 out of 22 people get fired due to lack of sales. The first day there the manager told me he did NOT GIVE A SH!T IF CLIENT GOT FIRED FOR BUYING OUR OVERPRICED PRODUCT.

The job market is NOT improving, there are just more scams out there.

And don't fall for those work-from-home "businesses". They're the biggest scams of all!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 am

mistermunster wrote:
jmainframe wrote:Yeah, this is just more of the same bull they've been shoving down peoples throats since the lie that the recession ended in the summer of last year!

It doesn't matter, as they won't cuz. This is ALL about getting the black man in the White House out. That's JOB #1 for the GOPers. Their MAIN platform. WAR, WAR and MORE WAR....and if they can institute a Police state here to round up us troublemakers all the better. I mean come on, They don't want RENTERS to have a vote among other Fascist ideals they have blithered over the last few years. Make no mistake people, this is war on OUR soil. I just watched the 1946 version All The Kings Men. You just watch how corruption and thuggery in the political arena has destroyed the entire process. But the ONE thing in this was "Tell people something OVER, AND OVER they begin to believe it". And that's what is happening now. The LIES have been TOLD and RETOLD so many times, it has BECOME the truth.

So, it's the vast right-ring conspiracy again, huh? It's vast alright. Problem is this time, it's right-ring AND left-wing! Neither side is doing anything for the unemployed. Not even creating REAL jobs that a family can live on.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 am

Biggest bunch of BS ever. GOPers are MORE to blame than the left ever will be. The last 10 years of our problems were made BY THEM. They should shoulder the BURDEN of their mistakes but all they want to do is point fingers, pass the buck and rewrite history.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 am

OK Munster, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You've usually spot-on with your with your opinions. When the dems do something positive for the unemployed NOW, I'll change my opinion.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am

DesperateInRI wrote:The monthly National Unemployment Rate is due to be released on Friday. This article is in anticipation of that report. Maybe it should be in our "Venting Forum"!

That leaves Thursday's weekly jobless claims report as the best guide, and the trend there has been "heartening," said Deutsche Bank economist Brett Ryan. He said payrolls historically have not turned significantly higher until weekly jobless claims broke below the 400,000 barrier. The four-week moving average, which smooths out weekly volatility, has been below that threshold in four of the past five weeks.

That makes him a bit more optimistic than most about Friday's employment figures. He thinks they will show a gain of 200,000 jobs, with the unemployment rate dipping to 8.8 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42296065/ns/business-eye_on_the_economy/

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! Storyt13

Time to ORGANIZE! If the unemployment rate does drop, it is an indication that more and more people have exhausted their benefits. WAKE UP, Washington - There Are NO Jobs!

mad

A drop in the Unemployment Rate is an INCREASE in the number of "99ers"!

Join the National Campaign to Support HR 589

Take Action Today! We Won't Wait Any Longer!

Jobs outlook finally improving, but still shaky - Anticipated UE Rate: 8.8%!!! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:27 am

mistermunster wrote:Biggest bunch of BS ever. GOPers are MORE to blame than the left ever will be. The last 10 years of our problems were made BY THEM. They should shoulder the BURDEN of their mistakes but all they want to do is point fingers, pass the buck and rewrite history.

This quote bothers me I'm sorry to say. We want' no we now demand that those people on capital hill we call our reps. get along and do something about this AMERICAN problem. I've said this before left,right,center or middle if we can't stop all the blame games why should we expect the politicians to? They only mimic the public's mood at any given time and if one was to log on here and se this quote it would justify there non-sense that they are pulling right now.I am way beyond party's and what one did was worse or he said she said. This is our lives we are talking about and to reduce it down to statements like this really hurts us in the eye's of the general populous. I.m.h.o.

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:26 pm

BINGO, but Washington is wide awake - WE need to wake up!! This was predictable and reported when Obummer made the deal with the cons to give the enormous taxbreaks to the millionaires/billionaires. Not only will rates continue to go down as 99ers exhaust, but the emergency funds will be denied too as these false statistics indicate a supposed upswing. PLEASE have the courage to explain this to everyone you talk to - it's amazing how many don't realize how these rates are determined - Bush used this same tactic after 911 to kill benefits too -

Remember that outsourcing guarantees the ownership class a new group of consumers - they know full well that most Americans are screwed to the wall with debt, because that was the plan, and the others are holding on to what they have left in order to survive. All of us MUST educate ourselves regarding the true purpose of the so-called "fair" trade policies and their intention and resulting fallout. The working class has absolutely no representation - we will all become a land of serfs until these contracts are outlawed. They do NOTHING for the working class but eventually impoverish them all.

Frankly, the planet will not sustain this level of consumption - everyone CANNOT live like an unconscious American. How much longer will the industrialized nations be able to bomb other nations to steal their resources and get away with it - using the "evil" dictator or terrorist tirade. We should all be insulted and outraged by the endless propaganda that the corporate owned media spews at us including the "democratic" farce we're so proud of just because a few of us show up at a voting booth every two years in the imperial U.S. empire while those that we elect impose enormous tax burdens on the working class to fund their own lucrative interests and leave us with nothing but the bill. Taxation without representation - now they even have us believing that "we" have a spending problem and insist on eliminating the few services that the gov't does perform on our behalf!! Nah, it's not 10 years of taxcuts for the uber wealthy, four unfunded wars and corporations who don't contribute a thing, nah, it's not a REVENUE problem. If you're a news addict learn to think just the opposite of everything that comes out of their bowels and you'll be on the road to understanding their great game. Otherwise we are screwed as they continue to give all of our public assets away to huge transnationals leaving us under their thumb in a police state of plutocrats.

Government is US - national lands, public utilities, roads, etc., are OURS - take ownership and responsibility before they hand it all over and we have nothing but extremely high services from privately owned corporations, superfund sites and toxic dumps to clean up. The rich can afford clean filtered water and organic food - we get the sludge, although their greed will soon ravage these assets.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:30 pm

[

[/quote]

And don't fall for those work-from-home "businesses". They're the biggest scams of all![/quote]

what about multi-level marketing jobs like Amway. I am looking at one company right now.
What do you know about them?
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I am way beyond party's and what one did was worse or he said she said.

Divide and conquer - pathetic how the working class believes that they have any representation in Washington. I have friends who still think Clinton was a "good" man of the people and different from Bush Sr., Jr./Reagan:

Now they're saying that Obama is "weak" - inexperienced so he compromises because of his "class" and skin color....

Here's my response:
..did compromise "guide" Hillary & that immoral load of trash, the monster
Bill through their lives too? What excuse will you make for them? As long
as we are willing to overlook what good 'ol bill was doing when he wasn't
getting serviced by his young intern and any other unprincipled pig that
would do him, both parties will continue to give away everything that the
working class has fought so hard to acquire. Below is bill, the rhodes
scholar's record of "achievement" - many policies which little shrub put on
steroids and Obummer continues today - "accomplishments" designed to drive wealth upward and severely diminish the lives of the working global class of impoverished slaves - the new indentured servants:

Failure to pass comprehensive healthcare, choosing instead to screw the
working class by passing NAFTA/GATT, WTO (undermining national
sovereignty) and giving away billions of patents in the trade agreements, no
improvement in CAFE standards which encouraged the proliferation of gas
guzzlers - especially SUVs, passage of the Telecommunications Act in 1996 -
handed off the public airwaves, cut welfare to people but increased
corporate welfare in his drive to become more corporate friendly,
continuation of the bombing in Iraq throughout the 90s including the
economic sanctions that were responsible for the deaths of over one million Iraqi children, while his lovely Secretary of State, Madeline Albright felt "the price was worth it,"ignoring the Rwanda genocide, complicit in the Balkan War crimes, bombing Afghans in '98, bombing Sudan, Somalia, listening to the three biggest criminals in history for economic "advice" i.e., Robert Rubin, Lawrence Summers and the fraud king himself, Allen Greenspan. Oh, but lest we forget who deregulated the financial system. Shall I go on regarding how wonderful the democrat party is? Obummer isn't any different than the Clintonistas that are advising him. The real problem is that from Carter on, the country has moved further to the right. Democrats cannot pretend to represent the working class any longer - as they've done more harm in their quest for campaign contributions than the cons could have ever dreamed of accomplishing. Imperial Amerika is in a suicidal race to the bottom and both parties are guilty of crimes against humanity...this is why there's no oversight hearings - not the pathetic excuse that both Clinton and Obomber use - "let the nation move forward"....

National Sovereignty refers to a nation's ability to impose regulations that may prohibit certain global corporate activity. In other words, all WTO players submit to the lowest denominator - everything that the working class has achieved - living wages and benefits, safe working conditions, EPA and other manufacturing guidelines, FDA approval - all mute. Essentially, they've returned us all to the Guilded Age - reversing EVERYTHING that modern societies have attained - nations who try to do otherwise will be sued for damages and many have been. For example, we must accept fruits/vegetables from Mexico that are grown with pesticides that have long since been banned in this country - gee, wonder if we will also have to honor anything that Japan sends us - radioactive or not?

Remember: Capitalism doesn't fail because it always has socialism to bail it out.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Remember: Capitalism doesn't fail because it always has socialism to bail it out. Quote from above.

LOL I was never a supporter of anyone mentioned above so you miss read portions if not all of my above post. My point is and was articullated quiet well by you to a point exactly until your last entry which is quoted above and why I do not nor ever will believe socialism is the answer case in point Britan themselves it was tried even when Churchhill said it couldn't in the long run be sustained and he was right because you move from socialism to entitlement....Look at the protesters over there they are protesting because they believe that the Gov. is taking away things they are.....drum roll.......entitled to se the progression.Now is it the fault of the protesters absolutely not one cannot blame a generation when that generation grows up with and entitlement mind set because that is what they are taught,percieve and therfore becomes there reality. I blame the people that new where the entitlement programs would lead and because of elections refused to do anything about it.Now when the proverbeal pipper comes a calin it is the difference between night and day.Sure free college,healthcare and flying pony's would be great but that's not reality this here and now is reality and like my grandmother use to say sometimes reality sucks.I don't have the answers but as a nation unless we stop this back and forth we will keep falling further and further.Remember all politicians care about is 2012 re-election they do not care about the people and when they do its about ummm re-election.There is so much anger and hate in this nation now this is not the America I know and love but by logging onto this board when I can afford it and reading some of the most heartfelt compassionate and lets not forget passionate respones and storys give me hope because there is still in my opinion a great majority of people out there that care about life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness and that my friends gives me a smile everytime.

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Every time I hear about the jobs outlook improving and consumer spending improving I feel like it's a dagger in the back of 99'ers.

I spoke to cantors office today to voice my support for H.R.589 and was told that the jobs market was improving when i asked where the jobs were.

I do think that the jobs market is slowly on the mend HOWEVER, not for the 99'ers. I was quick to tell them that while there are companys hiring, they do not want to hire us. The repulicans did a good job of portraying us as fat lazy alcoholic druggy check collectors and now that companies are starting to put in wanted ads things like. Long Term unempoyed need not apply or only looking for people with a current work history if they want to be a little more compassionate.

Bottom line, I think this portrayal of us as not wanting to work druing all the extension impasses has hurt them because now we cannot find work, and they are going to have to help us sooner or later. I feel like all parties, Dems, Gop's, Tea Peeps all do not give a horse poop about us. Our own Democratic President cannot even lend a word or support for the long term unemployed.

superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:58 pm

jmainframe wrote:OK Munster, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You've usually spot-on with your with your opinions. When the dems do something positive for the unemployed NOW, I'll change my opinion.

LOL!!!! When the GOPers BRING something or ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE to the table that DOESN'T HARM "the general" citizens I'll reconsider. Dems have been NO saints and have really dropped the ball in ALL this but NOWHERE near the disaster the other side has caused and CONTINUES to DO. Maybe when they put DEFENSE budget on the table for BIG cutting, maybe I'LL believe but not until then. But the phantom fascists in reality will NEVER do that. Thats their bread and butter. 2 evil sides, both wrong but one is LESS painful to the people. To remove both can only require armed revolution, how many out there will really do that???? Um....NONE or it would have happened already. Everyday new sets of LIES get put forth by both sides to keep us down and they have a massive Army propagating their vile indoctrination of lies in the media.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:30 pm

cps70, I don't think you understood the quote. The capitalists assume nothing but profit while the people assume ALL the risk. In other words, the banksters and corporations can treat the globe as their casino and the Treasury will bail them out. Where does the Treasury get it's funding - the working class - transnational corporations wind up receiving subsidies - on paper, transnationals and the billionaires/millionaires appear to be paying high taxes, but they have so many write-offs and deductibles that most don't contribute a thing. Also, corporations can file for bankruptcy, reduce their bottom line, which makes them profitable again while people are thrown in the poor house for the rest of their lives.

So let's see, Churchill, the royal that has enough wealth to fund his needs doesn't believe that social programs - which use worker's money not his - aren't worthwhile, but funding huge corporate contracts and investments that ultimately provide the dividends that he lives on, are the only real use of the taxpayer's money. So if you haven't inherited your wealth, you're out of luck, is that it? People like to say that they've "worked" for what they have - if that were true, African Americans would be the rich barons while those that "owned" them would be in the low income districts.

I blame the people that new where the entitlement programs would lead and because of elections refused to do anything about it.
I'm assuming that you mean: "I blame the people that knew the entitlement programs were unsustainable but refused to curtail them, because they were looking for votes". In other words, we the people should not expect any government services - we should not ask for anything in return for the hideous amount of taxes that are collected from us - is that it? We should be content to allow everything to be sold at firesale prices - even though our taxes supported their development - our resources essentially be given to the transnationals to plunder and, in return, charge us ridiculously high fees to access them. We should be grateful for the opportunity to clean up the environmental devastation that results from their plunder. The myth that private organizations can perform services better and more efficiently than government is just that. Corporations have become the monsters that are by lobbying the gov't at all levels - federal, state & local - to obtain as many open-ended contracts as they can muster, and then charge as much as they want - even double bill. This is what lobbyists are paid so much for and why the so-called aides of representatives in congress seek to work for them - insider trading aside - so that they can become "consultants" themselves at a later date - after all, you must be able to provide contacts for your patrons. Can you understand how these organizations suck off the government's giant mammary glands? Without these unfair business practices they would fail - in other words, they would have to be smart businessmen or they could not exist - as it is, these corporations all form business "partnerships" and work with one another to price fix, loan money and keep any real competition from erupting. They even outsource jobs to increase wage pressure - force the patriots in the homeland to compete with slaves in "over" developed countries that consist of two classes of people: plutocrats and serfs.

The real entitlements that aren't mentioned by the deficit hawks are the ones that will cost U.S. taxpayers a fortune in the future - i.e., all the corporate welfare that benefits the wealthy. If the citizens of this country are ok with this, they should move to a third world nation of oligarchs - you can't possibly think that your taxes will decrease after they chop a couple billion from the trillion dollar deficit? Also, SOCIAL SECURITY IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT - IT IS DIRECTLY FUNDED FROM PAYROLL TAXES. All of us need to shut off the fuc*ing tv and start thinking about who is really benefiting from all the propaganda that's fed to us via the corporate owned media. Follow the money. Investment managers will be paid a fortune - which will surprise, surprise - eat up most of the benefit funds if they are awarded the social security contract...which is why they spend billions on sophisticated PR firms to convince us otherwise.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next