Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair

Go down

Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair Empty Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

She is one of the republicans who has voted yes to extending unemployment benefits.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/03/22/politics/snowe-hears-tragic-stories-of-unemployment-at-portland-job-fair/
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair Empty Re: Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:11 pm

She might very well be running as an Independent next time around. Which as in the case with Lisa Murkowski could be a good thing for us left to middle lefters.

Back to top Go down

Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair Empty Re: Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Is it just me? or does it appear that we may be gaining some momentum here? Here is a list of positives....

-GOPers are meeting with dems to discuss funding for the bill.
-ABC just aired another interview with 99er advocate Dawn Rayner last
night.
-Snow listening to stories from the unemployed.
-Some states like for example Oregon, are trying at state level to pass legislation to offer more UI benefits for the long term unemployed.

There may be more but that is all I could think of off the top of my head.
It may not seem like much, but this is the most action I have seen regarding the long term unemployed in a very long time. I would say now is more important than ever to make our voices heard.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:Is it just me? or does it appear that we may be gaining some momentum here? Here is a list of positives....

-GOPers are meeting with dems to discuss funding for the bill.
-ABC just aired another interview with 99er advocate Dawn Rayner last
night.
-Snow listening to stories from the unemployed.
-Some states like for example Oregon, are trying at state level to pass legislation to offer more UI benefits for the long term unemployed.

There may be more but that is all I could think of off the top of my head.
It may not seem like much, but this is the most action I have seen regarding the long term unemployed in a very long time. I would say now is more important than ever to make our voices heard.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

This was just published in OpenCongress.org!

There have been some shaky indications in the past that Speaker Boehner could get behind adding more weeks of unemployment insurance if they are offset.

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t1227-progress-for-99ers-legislation-opencongressorg#12351
Snowe hears tragic stories of unemployment at Portland job fair 671705

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 am

It's all politics. Please look over the *Moderated* and say what should be here and now. Particularly these politicians, they don't have an answer or leg to stand on. When they admit that is when we will be able to work together.

For what it's worth (yeah Tommy Smothers!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6NeM-6vBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down