Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes

4 posters

Go down

Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes Empty Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes

Post by js123 Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:51 pm

What does no fly zone mean? Will we be involved in another war?

]https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel

Article from AOL News:

"ROME -- Six Danish F-16 fighter jets landed Saturday at the U.S. air base in Sicily, and American F-18s and Canadian CF-18 Hornets were in the region as the international military buildup mounted in Italy for action against Libya.

Italy has offered the use of seven military bases to help enforce the
U.N.-authorized no-fly zone over Libya and protect Libyan civilians from Moammar Gadhafi's troops."[size=12]

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/19/military-buildup-for-libya-mounts-at-italian-bases/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C206649

Another article:

"NICE, France -- In the first military action since the UN no-fly zone was approved, French fighter jets roared today over Benghazi, Tripoli, destroying their first target, President Nicolas Sarkozy said.

The Mirage warplanes took off from a military base in Saint-Dizier in the east of France this afternoon, hitting and destroying four pro-Gadhafi tanks. It was the start of an Allied air strike, in concert with the Arab League, to prevent Gadhafi forces from further attacks on rebel-held Benghazi.

About two hours after the French strikes, the U.S. and the U.K. launched Tomahawk cruise missiles against Gadhafi's air defense in what the Pentagon is calling Operation Odyssey Dawn. The Pentagon said the U.S. took the lead after the French aerial assault, with British and Canadian forces set to join the coalition effort."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/19/french-fighter-jets-open-fire-in-libya-as-western-military-inter/

Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes 944440
js123
js123

Back to top Go down

Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes Empty Re: Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 pm

The missile strikes by the US an UK have started.
http://www.cnn.com/

ANOTHER WAR TO PAY FOR!
MAD

Back to top Go down

Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes Empty Re: Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:35 pm

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2200&tid=1300&ct=2

According to this one tomahawk cost 570 thou and we shot 110 in the first volley. affraid

THIS COUNTRY IS ^%#*#(#))#&$ BROKE ACCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO RICH TAX BREAKS AND WAR!! MAD MAD MAD
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2200&tid=1300&ct=2

According to this one tomahawk cost 570 thou and we shot 110 in the first volley. affraid

There is an emoticon I would love to use right now, but I won't. I can understand humanitarian aid to Japan but this is, well, I can't say that either.
Military Buildup as U.N. Approves Libya No Fly Zone; U.K. and U.S. Prepare for Airstrikes 305108

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Congressman Ron Paul (Texas) Straight Talk:
No Fly Won't Fly Constitutionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC07ykFMXyM
js123
js123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Doesn't fly with me right now either. MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, I understand we have a deficit and we don't have our 14 weeks yet but I actually think this is the right thing to do as long as we don't commit any ground forces. The Libyan rebellion cannot shoot down aircraft and can never win against an army with air support. The air forces keep them pinned down in one spot so that they can never advance and are always on the defense. Once Kaddafi's air power is grounded it will just be the rebel army vs the Libyan army.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Really? Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah, I understand we have a deficit and we don't have our 14 weeks yet but I actually think this is the right thing to do as long as we don't commit any ground forces. The Libyan rebellion cannot shoot down aircraft and can never win against an army with air support. The air forces keep them pinned down in one spot so that they can never advance and are always on the defense. Once Kaddafi's air power is grounded it will just be the rebel army vs the Libyan army.

You are right, Lendme. I was relieved to see no ground troop were committed to this.
Really?
Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:30 am

If they stick to that then I will support. Just make the playing field even this is the kind of thing we should be involved in, not what we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down