Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study

3 posters

Go down

Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study Empty Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm

The nine million left without insurance represented 57 percent of all those who lost insurance when they lost their job, according to the biennial study by The Commonwealth Fund, a healthcare research and reform advocacy group.
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2011/03/16/190326.htm

Back to top Go down

Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study Empty Re: Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I can verify that ... I've tried, on multiple occasions to apply for Medicaid here in Michigan and each time, I'm told that I'm not allowed.

Since I'm single, have no children and I'm not married, I cannot get health insurance through Medicaid. I'd like to know how Obama plans on rewriting the rules for Medicaid to provide low income, unemployed Americans to Medicaid. From the way I understand it, it's the states who determine who gets medical insurance under Medicaid and Medicaire.

Back to top Go down

Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study Empty Re: Many Unemployed Rejected by Individual Health Insurance Market: Study

Post by americatheneedy Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:02 pm

It's insane; my nasty sister-in law keeps popping out kids ( 5 so far) like she on an assembly line in Michigan and she stays on Michigan Medicaid. They recently paid for her to have surgery. While I sit here unable to afford so much as a doctor's visit. Oh she gets every freebie you can imagine too- food stamps, christmas for her brood, utilities assistance, free rent-
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I felt like a sponge having to apply for food stamp assistance. To make matters worse, this would also have to pass through Congress if they make changes to the Medicaid program to absorb all of unemployed and low income Americans who will be forced to mandatory sign up for health insurance.

I don't see such changes passing through Congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Well, what the democrats are counting on is having a majority in both houses back by 2014 when this goes into effect. If they don't none of this will matter anyway. They will have to repeal the part of the health care law requiring you to buy health insurance if the republican defund it enough that they cannot subsidize anyone.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't see the health care law surviving the U.S. Supreme Court. I think they'll end up calling the individual mandate to be unconstitutional.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:48 pm

That may be the case. Although I think a judge without an agenda would make the point that it is something that nearly everyone who could afford it would buy and if you can't afford it you will be subsidized. If taxes are constitutional then this is. I really don't like the idea of supreme court justices making law anyway since they aren't elected. They are just appointed by whatever party is in charge. George Bush 2 became president because there were more conservative judges than liberal judges. So, they decide the presidency now? It's wrong.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:20 pm

There are simply millions of low income and unemployed Americans who cannot apply for Medicaid because they're automatically disqualified because of how the system is set up.

If they cannot get medical insurance through Medicaid now, then, just how does Obama expect to apply all of those Americans to Medicaid if they are currently ineligible for it now? They cannot even get the current system under control. It's going to be a disaster if the mandatory requirement goes into effect.

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm like you Kemcha. Single, no kids and still have too much resources in the bank to either get Medicaid or Food Stamps. You have to be litterly poor before you can get either. Keep hoping that I will be able to obtain Oregon's Health Plan.....haven't heard anything on that for over a month, though. Neutral
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down