Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill

4 posters

Go down

Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill Empty Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill

Post by Carol in CA Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm

MLIVE.COM

Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill

Published: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 3:07 PM

By Jackie Headapohl

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/03/republican_leaders_have_yet_to_respond_t.html

Posted on Michigan Job Search on March 10, 2011, 3:07PM
Republican leaders have yet to respond to a letter they received yesterday from representatives Barbara Lee and Bobby Scott requesting a meeting to discuss ways to pay for a proposed $16 billion legislation that would provide an additional 14 weeks of unemployment benefits to the very long-term unemployed who have exhausted all available benefits. Full story » http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/03/republican_leaders_have_yet_to_respond_t.html

Carol in CA

Back to top Go down

Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill Empty Re: Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:23 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Mad Good thing I believe in KARMA Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill Empty Re: Republican leaders have yet to respond to meeting request on 99er bill

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I can't say I'm surprised but it's only been a day. Let's not get too worried just yet.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 pm

For more information on this ongoing topic, please see this thread.

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t812-good-news-house-dems-open-to-compromise-on-99er-bill-hr-589

Please don't get discouraged by this. The letter to Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor was sent yesterday.

In the mean time, we should all step up our efforts to contact the Speaker and the Leader and tell them to get this meeting scheduled!

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor

Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Tweet: @JohnBoehner

Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/
Tweet: @GOPLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm

It could literally be weeks before the Republicans respond. They know that Democrats are desperate for this bill and know that they'll be able to squeeze every drop of blood from the Democrats in order to pass it.

The only reason that Rep Lee is pushing heavily for it is because she's under pressure from constituents in her own state ... that's her motivation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 pm

I didnt expect they would answer right away. If they answer and agree to help soon I will be pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I can't say I'm surprised but it's only been a day. Let's not get too worried just yet.

Good point. This is the House schedule. JiM, check me on this... it looks like they will be in session for most of next week (depending on their plane ticket).

January 5 112th Congress, 1st Session convenes
January 13 - 15 Republican Retreat
January 17 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 31 - February 4 Constituent Work Week
February 21 President's Day
February 22 - February 25 Constituent Work Week
March 9 Ash Wednesday
March 13 Daylight Savings Time Begins
March 17 St. Patrick's Day
March 21 - March 25 Constituent Work Week
April 18 - 29 Spring Recess
April 18 Passover Begins
April 22 Good Friday
April 24 Easter Sunday
April 25 Passover Ends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 pm

kemcha wrote:It could literally be weeks before the Republicans respond. They know that Democrats are desperate for this bill and know that they'll be able to squeeze every drop of blood from the Democrats in order to pass it.

The only reason that Rep Lee is pushing heavily for it is because she's under pressure from constituents in her own state ... that's her motivation.

Maybe that is her motivation, but there are 73 other Reps. who have a stake in this also, from all over the country and states with very high unemployment rates. I am not willing to give up on this yet, and I encourage every member here to continue to contact the Representatives who have not backed this bill yet, as well as the Speaker and the Leader. For the 99ers who are celebrating their first year without any income, this is our last hope and we will not be forgotten this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:22 pm

You cannot SAVE your way to prosperity but GOPers think this is the way, just like trickle down "pee on you" economics. Heat their backside with fire from our torches and you'll get RESULTS. Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Isn't Congress breaking for next week?

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 pm

kemcha wrote:Isn't Congress breaking for next week?
No more vacations and a 50% pay CUT for Congress!!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 pm

It was bad enough that Democrats took off too much time instead of passing unemployment extensions. Now, they're going to be in session even short?

Our government is definitely not working for us ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm

The week after actually.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 pm

No, March 21. The 112th Congressional Calendar is posted on this Forum for everyone's information.

Also, it is a "District Work Period" so you can call their local office to meet with your Representative face to face. I know I am going to. I hope everyone does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm

I agree with Desperate. Sometimes a District Work period is a great way to get emails and calls to them. I had most of my responses from Sens. Casey and Menendez home district offices. Returned phone calls, not canned emails.

I also want to encourage everyone to email, call and fax Speaker Boehner. He is starting to appear to be distancing himself from the real ax swinging budget cutters. Let's ask him to please listen, take the time to meet with Rep. Lee or to meet with some of the 99ers in his home district and hear them out. I am also not giving up on Mr. Cantor, but I don't see him as someone with an open mind so I don't know how much we could sway him.
Even so, keep contacting him as well, if we don't try, we only have ourselves to blame. We need these people to really know we are not only serious about additional benefits, but we are serious about job creation and we are willing to work with any and all of them to get this accomplished. I don't think at this point we can or should look for anyone's motivation for pushing this legislation, they are all from districts with high unemployment and many 99ers as well. I applaud her efforts in introducing a bill that will not be popular at all right now, but is sorely needed and has been for the last year as we all know. Please don't give up hope and please don't stop asking for their support.

Last edited by MaryKay on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo and spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:For more information on this ongoing topic, please see this thread.

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t812-good-news-house-dems-open-to-compromise-on-99er-bill-hr-589

Please don't get discouraged by this. The letter to Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor was sent yesterday.

In the mean time, we should all step up our efforts to contact the Speaker and the Leader and tell them to get this meeting scheduled!

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor

Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Tweet: @JohnBoehner

Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/
Tweet: @GOPLeader

Please keep contacting. It has only been a little over 24 hours since Rep. Lee contacted the Speaker. There is nothing to be discouraged about!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Republicans are on a cutting rampage to suit their upcoming bid for the White House. They will not give in to the Unemployed as evident in the last hearings for extensions. Obama needs to mandate extensions with his power and stop being such a wimp.

99'rs should be irate and its time to take it to a new level!
Not for extensions, but as Middle class Good Americans demanding Jobs.

Its time to make noise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I don't see them succeeding. The problem is that that Americans have been paying a lot of attention to Washington Politics and they really also need to thank Governor Scott Walker for angering American voters to such a fevered pitch that they're about to hang them all from the nearest tree.

They're plan is backfiring in major ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 pm

kemcha wrote:It was bad enough that Democrats took off too much time instead of passing unemployment extensions. Now, they're going to be in session even short?

Our government is definitely not working for us ...

Here is a link to the annual Congressional Calendar. It comes from Whip Hoyer's website, however, the 112th House schedule was prepared by the Majority Leaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor.

http://www.democraticwhip.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2011Calendar.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down