Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!!

5 posters

Go down

American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! Empty American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:51 pm

UPDATE 4/14/2011:
KEEP H.R.589 ON THE CALENDAR...Please see our TAKE ACTION page
H.R. 589 now has 78 co-sponsors!
New Article focusing on the 99ers and H.R.589:

http://www.theroot.com/views/when-unemployment-runs-out-meet-99ers

The meeting with Rep. Barbara Lee, Rep, Bobby Scott, Rep. John Boehner & Rep. Eric Cantor has concluded. Rep. Lee said, "There was no argument about the situation" . The conversation revolves around funding, emergency funding vs. "paid for". An official ststement from Rep.Lee & Rep. Scott shall be posted upon it's release.

Continue to reach out to Rep. Boehner’s office as well as your Representatives requesting bi-partisan support for H.R.589 under the umbrella of emergency spending.
If it is clear both sides of the aisle understand the problem, it is imperative both sides work to enact the solution, H.R.589 without delay. The calls, faxes, tweets and e-mails are making a difference!
More to follow... In the interim:

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

Back to top Go down

American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! Empty Re: American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Awesome news. Look forward to the official release from her office.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!! Empty Re: American 99er's Union Statement on Meeting: They are listening! Please continue to contact!!

Post by rxfranimal Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:30 pm

have you guys seen this? Sorry if it was posted somewhere else.

http://www.theroot.com/views/when-unemployment-runs-out-meet-99ers?GT1=38002

We're getting noticed.

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm

rxfranimal wrote:have you guys seen this? Sorry if it was posted somewhere else.

http://www.theroot.com/views/when-unemployment-runs-out-meet-99ers?GT1=38002

We're getting noticed.

yes we have a thread about it on the forum.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm

very cool, Jobless

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 pm

rxfranimal wrote:very cool, Jobless

Thank you rxfranimal. Our members is what makes this site a great place. So Thank You.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm

THIS IS GREAT, WONDERFULL, AND STUPENDOUS!!! 3 MONTHS OF "WE UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM, BUT WE WILL ARGUE HOW TO HELP THE PROBLEM"!!

WOW!!! WE GET TO WATCH THE TWO SIDES FIGHT ABOUT HOW TO PAY FOR IT. THIS ANOTHER REASON TO WATCH CNN, MSNBC, BUT NOT FOX. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ALL THE POSTS LIKE "WHY CAN'T THEY JUST DO IT" "THEY CAN GO TO ANOTHER WAR BUT NOT OUR WAR AGAINST POVERTY."

REALLY, THIS IS KEEPING MY INTEREST. I WONDER WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP? BUT WHAT I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE, WHILE ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT, WILL ANYTHING BE DONE BEFORE THEY GO ON SUMMER BREAK?

I HOPE NOT, WHAT ELSE WILL I DO DURING THE SUMMER. HEY IF I'M GONNA BE SITTING HOME DOING NOTHING I MIGHT AS WELL KEEP POSTING WE NEED HELP, RIGHT?

AND BESIDES WHAT WILL WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IN THE FALL, A TIER 6? I DON'T LIKE RUSHING IN TO THINGS.

99 WEEKS NO JOBS. BUT AFTER 14 WEEKS I'M SURE THEY'LL BE MORE. I JUST WONDER WHEN THE COUNTDOWN STARTS TO GET OFF MY BUT.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm sure after HR 589 passes, there will be a new fight starting to extend the deadlines for the existing extensions. How long did it take last year...twice!

They do need to address job and do it now or by the end of the year there will be 35 million with NOTHING!

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:I'm sure after HR 589 passes, there will be a new fight starting to extend the deadlines for the existing extensions. How long did it take last year...twice!

They do need to address job and do it now or by the end of the year there will be 35 million with NOTHING!

I agree - it's crazy isn't it?

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Idiots!!!!. They can't figure it out.

1. Stop the wars and send our troops home $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. Raise taxes on the rich and get our money back from the corporate hoarders that stole it.

3. Extend Unemployment after this to accomodate the ones who have suffered and are suffereing

4. Bring the jobs back by PENALIZING the American companies that took advantage of the corporate walfare a.k.a bailouts ( They penalize fraudulant behavior on Unemployment and other types of so called "walfare").

5. Sit back and let the economy and the American people recover and enjoy their lives.

This of course is too easy and b/c Washington has sold their soul and the people of America out to the corporate mafia it will NEVER happen, but it really is that simple. Greedy nazi Idiots. Its good being an American...sigh. pouty

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:Idiots!!!!. They can't figure it out.

2. Raise taxes on the rich and get our money back from the corporate hoarders that stole it.

3. Extend Unemployment after this to accomodate the ones who have suffered and are suffereing

4. Bring the jobs back by PENALIZING the American companies that took advantage of the corporate walfare a.k.a bailouts ( They penalize fraudulant behavior on Unemployment and other types of so called "walfare").

5. Sit back and let the economy and the American people recover and enjoy their lives.

This of course is too easy and b/c Washington has sold their soul and the people of America out to the corporate mafia it will NEVER happen, but it really is that simple. Greedy nazi Idiots. Its good being an American...sigh. pouty

ANGEL IN CRISIS FOR PRESIDENT!!

It sounds too smart and easy, which is why they won't do it.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:22 am

troycomic wrote:
Angelicrisis wrote:Idiots!!!!. They can't figure it out.

ANGEL IN CRISIS FOR PRESIDENT!!

It sounds too smart and easy, which is why they won't do it.

X2!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 am

capitil hill

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Just checked Thomas.org - there are now 79 cosponsors - I believe the newest cosponsor is Howard Berman - democrat from CA.
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down