Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive”

+2
Jobless_in_Ma
Judi58
6 posters

Go down

Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” Empty Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive”

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm

In Rep. Cleaver’s words: “It was what I expected because my staff had done a lot of research on it. And we found that the cost of that program would be between $14 and 20 billion dollars which is cost prohibitive. So there was no point in the President saying, ‘yeah I support it…’ when I laid it out I said to him, ‘Mr. President, I’m going to raise this, and this is one of our issues because this is one of our issues — it’s an issue among our members…’ I ended it by saying, however, I understand that the cost is enormous. He (President Obama) said (to Rob Nabors sitting on the sofa) ‘Rob how much is it?’ And Rob said, ‘between 14 and 20 billion’ and I said, let’s move on. Because there was no point — that’s not going to happen,” recounted Cleaver.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5178

99ers - Keep fighting! Reps. Lee and Scott still say they will find a way to pay for it. Also, the meeting with Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor is scheduled for the end of this week!

Please don't lose hope. We must get this passed. It is time to organize and rally!

Back to top Go down

Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” Empty Re: Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive”

Post by Judi58 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm

You REALLY think it can or will pass... I am sorry and you can kick me off this site... BUT read what you posted ...I cannot and wont keep the hope anymore...
In November you can bet I will work for any campaign that is not Obama...

I understand that the cost is enormous. He (President Obama) said (to Rob Nabors sitting on the sofa) ‘Rob how much is it?’ And Rob said, ‘between 14 and 20 billion’ and I said, let’s move on. Because there was no point — that’s not going to happen,” recounted Cleaver.

Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” Empty Re: Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive”

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Lee, a member of the Appropriations Committee, has said in the recent
past that there is a way to pay for the bill. The other factor is that
the legislation has not been scored by GAO. The total price of the
legislation has always been a point of discussion. Reps. Lee and Bobby
Scott have a meeting with Speaker Boehner and Eric Cantor on H.R. 589
later this week. I already called around for reaction and response
regarding this exchange has been slow or non existent — not unlike most
things on Capitol Hill.

Interestingly, unemployment extensions
and the plight of the 99ers was one of five subjects brought up by the
five members of the CBC meeting with the President on Wednesday. The
members present were Reps. Emanuel Cleaver, G.K. Butterfield, Yvette
Clarke, Andre Carson and Del. Donna Christensen of the Virgin Islands.

Sorry all, but Pollyanna I am. We have heard things in the past that were only partially correct or out of context. At the bottom of the article, it does state the bill has not been scored as of yet. Rep. Lee and Scott have a meeting this week. See above. Hope is not lost. We've all said it before, when they tell us "there is no legislation for the 99ers" then it's over. It has not been said.

Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Face it, it's OVER!

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Falcon7 wrote:Face it, it's OVER!

but yet we can send billions over seas to countries "That Need it".... come on people we have been kicked in front of the bus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 pm

No its not over. The article was poorly written and very vague IMHO. Lee and Scott still meet with Boehner and Cantor this week.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

It is only over if you give up! Any ideas, strategies or suggestions on how to make our plight more visible to the public would be welcome.

We are not defeated and we will not be as long as we keep fighting back - TOGHETHER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Judi58 wrote:You REALLY think it can or will pass... I am sorry and you can kick me off this site... BUT read what you posted ...I cannot and wont keep the hope anymore...
In November you can bet I will work for any campaign that is not Obama...

I understand that the cost is enormous. He (President Obama) said (to Rob Nabors sitting on the sofa) ‘Rob how much is it?’ And Rob said, ‘between 14 and 20 billion’ and I said, let’s move on. Because there was no point — that’s not going to happen,” recounted Cleaver.

You are not going to get "kicked off". I think what you are feeling now was everybody's initial reaction,including mine, when I first read this. Cleaver can take a hike and the only thing I have to say to him is "YES it will happen"! If you give up now, that is one less person we have in our corner and we need all we can get!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Pelosi tweets that Boehner has created NO JOBS but she won't help the 99ers. WOW CLUELESS!

She only tweeted the Boehner thing not the 99er thing. Just so you know. Last year she was no help at all.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Yeah, the article makes it sound like Cleaver said to move on. If this was his attitude why did he ask for the meeting to start with? He knew how much the bill would cost. I am not banking on it but I think is a chance this could pass. It seems the EB program is ending in North Carolina for some reason and I still have some hope of this going through. It does have to be paid for however.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah, the article makes it sound like Cleaver said to move on. If this was his attitude why did he ask for the meeting to start with? He knew how much the bill would cost. I am not banking on it but I think is a chance this could pass. It seems the EB program is ending in North Carolina for some reason and I still have some hope of this going through. It does have to be paid for however.

You would think the GOP would want to pass the bill so the real unemployment rate is know to make Obama look bad.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Statement from Barbara Lee’s Office Regarding a planned meeting between her, Rep. Bobby Scott and Speaker Boehner on H.R. 589:

“Rep. Lee is encouraged that the Speaker and Leader Cantor have agreed to meet within the next few weeks to discuss how to provide emergency benefits for millions of long-term unemployed workers. Despite her strong belief that this should be considered emergency spending, the Congresswoman is committed to exhausting every possible option for passing this bill.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Please see this thread for latest release.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5219

There is some good news in there.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Yes. FUDGE them You can throw me out for this. I will not have internet not an appartment anymore anyway end of this month and no Fudging job. 1500 resumes so far and only 3 interviews.

~Moderated~ Please refrain from Vulgarities. I know everyone is upset but lets try to be a lil more constructive please.

JIM.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Agent Smith wrote:

Yes. Fudge them You can throw me out for this. I will not have internet not an appartment anymore anyway end of this month and no Fudging job. 1500 resumes so far and only 3 interviews.

We aren't throwing anyone out! Believe me, we know how you feel. Same story here. There was an update that came out after this release late this afternoon. The meeting with Boehner and Cantor is on Thursday. Lee has promised that she will do everything she can to get this passed.

Please don't give up. Your voice matters. We need everyone in this fight. We can't let them win this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Please try to remember that with every prior extension things were said by press and politicians that made us cringe. It is bound to happen again. Honestly, I don't expect any thing less.

If they are trying to hide the numbers they will be in for a big surprise because EVERYTHING always comes out in the end...one way or another the true rate will come out and all will be revealed.

I understand everyones frustration and the need to vent. I feel like throwing a huge fit and throwing my computer out the window!
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” 545210
BUT I wont, I will keep contacting congress and Obama and keep tweeting until my fingers bleed and we get some help.

We are strong in numbers and we WILL be heard. I just hope its soon for all of our sakes.
Update on CBC - Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill “Prohibitive” 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:09 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:

Yes. Fudge them You can throw me out for this. I will not have internet not an appartment anymore anyway end of this month and no Fudging job. 1500 resumes so far and only 3 interviews.

We aren't throwing anyone out! Believe me, we know how you feel. Same story here. There was an update that came out after this release late this afternoon. The meeting with Boehner and Cantor is on Thursday. Lee has promised that she will do everything she can to get this passed.

Please don't give up. Your voice matters. We need everyone in this fight. We can't let them win this one.

Since month they are moving the meeting days around. Who can still believe all of this? I bet they will meet again after Thursday next month, and then next month.........
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Hopefully, they will keep the appt for the meeting. I remember reading there was a good chance they would since they are all in the same building in DC

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 am

[quote="Agent Smith"]

Yes. FUDGE them You can throw me out for this. I will not have internet not an appartment anymore anyway end of this month and no Fudging job. 1500 resumes so far and only 3 interviews.

Same for me.. say it again the bill will never pass we will never be counted or find a job with a living wage.
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down