Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

SenatorSanders: It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings

3 posters

Go down

SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings Empty SenatorSanders: It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Dear Mr. President,

This is a pivotal moment in the history of our country. Decisions are being made about the national budget that will impact the lives of virtually every American for decades to come. As we address the issue of deficit reduction we must not ignore the painful economic reality of today - which is that the wealthiest people in our country and the largest corporations are doing phenomenally well while the middle class is collapsing and poverty is increasing. In fact, the United States today has, by far, the most unequal distribution of wealth and income of any major country on earth.

Everyone understands that over the long-term we have got to reduce the deficit - a deficit that was caused mainly by Wall Street greed, tax breaks for the rich, two wars, and a prescription drug program written by the drug and insurance companies. It is absolutely imperative, however, that as we go forward with deficit reduction we completely reject the Republican approach that demands savage cuts in desperately-needed programs for working families, the elderly, the sick, our children and the poor, while not asking the wealthiest among us to contribute one penny.

Mr. President, please listen to the overwhelming majority of the American people who believe that deficit reduction must be about shared sacrifice. The wealthiest Americans and the most profitable corporations in this country must pay their fair share. At least 50 percent of any deficit reduction package must come from revenue raised by ending tax breaks for the wealthy and eliminating tax loopholes that benefit large, profitable corporations and Wall Street financial institutions. A sensible deficit reduction package must also include significant cuts to unnecessary and wasteful Pentagon spending.

Please do not yield to outrageous Republican demands that would greatly increase suffering for the weakest and most vulnerable members of our society. Now is the time to stand with the tens of millions of Americans who are struggling to survive economically, not with the millionaires and billionaires who have never had it so good.

Respectfully,

Sen. Bernie Sanders;
and Co-signers

http://sanders.senate.gov/petition/?uid=c1fd7f9b-abd8-4e7a-a370-1867881259d8

Back to top Go down

SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings Empty Re: SenatorSanders: It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings

Post by TR11005 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

We desperately need more Bernie Sanders. Who is the Republican Bernie Sanders?

TR11005

Back to top Go down

SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings Empty Re: SenatorSanders: It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Please make sure you click on the link and sign his petition. No one has been more verbal about the unemployed, 99ers and the fair distribution of wealth in this country than Sen. Sanders. He should definitely get our support. Takes 2 minutes to sign the petition. SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by jculp49 Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:58 pm

My husband and I both signed.
jculp49
jculp49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Thank you jculp. So glad you both signed. We need everyone's help.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 am

I want to sign, but I see no mention of unemployed, no mention of treating unemployed with respect, with encouraging hiring. Also, it is not just families or elderly or disabled that need help. Singles have lost their jobs and fall into the typical not qualifying for any help and have had to pay higher taxes. I know Mr Sanders means well, but I feel this petition leaves out the real oppressed and ignored, the singles who are now losing everything and have no partner to turn to for benefits or income.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 pm

wausauguy, I think this is just a petition to get him(The President) to listen. Sen. Sanders has been a champion for the unemployed, the 99ers, those underwater on mortgages and preserving our social safety net. At the end of last year, he asked for and received letters and resumes of all the 99ers who participated, he was trying to get an extension of benefits for us.

I believe from what I have read it is largely symbolic, to present the President with the names of those who are hurting. SenatorSanders:  It is time for the President to stand with the millions who have lost their jobs, homes, and life savings 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:32 am

MaryKay I understand, and I kind of wondered if I should just not have posted. I have great respect for what he has done. I just have this pet peeve that it seems the focus is so much on "family" and whether unintentionally or not it seems singles are being overlooked. My intention is not to diminish anything that some are trying to do.

I do appreciate all that you do and how you stay so focused and positive. I find all that you do inspirational.

John

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 am

I didn't mean it that way either wausau. I think he includes everyone in "family" that's just his way.

But it brings to mind a good point, not to diminish families, so please all don't think I am, but when it comes to adults who are single, married with no children (by choice or not)there are few programs that take "us" into account. Tax credits are non-existent, deductions aren't there for us and until they enacted the Family Leave Act, many of us, with no children, but an aging, sick parent or brother and sister, had no recourse. Again, not bashing a "family" unit or the help they deserve, but singles are really overlooked. If you are a single adult, right now, once benefits exhaust many States offer NO help at all. Not even a food allowance. PA is one of them.

Thank you for your kind words. Believe me, I am not always as positive as you may think, like all our members, I have my bad days too. I fight it tooth and nail but sometimes I don't win. So, when it builds, I give myself the day or night off, don't watch the news or go on line, I just get lost in a book or Greys Anatomy or something like that. We have to. But, with not much happening on the job front at all, if I can advocate, it not only clears my head, keeps my focused, but I am amazed at how much I didn't really know about our government, judicial systems and the workings of each State and the Federal Government. I have learned alot and keep learning everyday. It has given me an insight to people I never had before and I have made friends, which I think is the best part. I hope and pray every day that it pays off for all of us, but if it shouldn't, I know that for once, I didn't go quietly, I stood our ground. It saddens me to see the reaction of many people when discussing our plight, we sure could use a little of the "kinder, gentler society", but I learned that as well. Never judge until you have walked in those shoes, it's so true. There are many of us who probably would have felt differently about homelessness, poverty, State Assistance and the like, had we not walked in these shoes for the last three years. So, again, thanks for you kind words, it's really a pleasure for me to have met so many really wonderful people. My real hope is someday we all get to really "meet".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down