Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Has there been any movement on 589?? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Has there been any movement on 589??

+4
troycomic
USA Citizen
exhaustedandtired/1208
Hunterforjobs
8 posters

Go down

Has there been any movement on 589?? Empty Has there been any movement on 589??

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:53 am

I haven't heard, did it just die?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Has there been any movement on 589?? Empty Re: Has there been any movement on 589??

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 am

It is still in the Ways & Means Committee. HR 589 has 82 co-sponsors, all Democrats. Prior to Rep. Weiner's resignation, there were 83 co-sponsors. There has been no movement on the bill since it was introduced in Feb.

At this point, the focus in DC is on the debt ceiling and 2012 budget. There are not many working days left for the House before they break for summer recess the first week of August (return Sept. 6).

If HR 589 was brought out of committee when the House returns to work on July 6, it would not pass. There is no Republican support for it in the GOP controlled House. Once it is voted down, it dies, and if we are going to see any relief, a new bill would have to be written, either in the House or Senate and the whole process would have to start over.

At this point, IMO, our only hope is to see some kind of legislation or deal made for the 99ers (and all the unemployed) in the current budget negotiations.

Back to top Go down

Has there been any movement on 589?? Empty Re: Has there been any movement on 589??

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 pm

OH so basically its dead in the water.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 pm

died a long time ago! the day it was introduced!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:58 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:It is still in the Ways & Means Committee. HR 589 has 82 co-sponsors, all Democrats. Prior to Rep. Weiner's resignation, there were 83 co-sponsors. There has been no movement on the bill since it was introduced in Feb.

At this point, the focus in DC is on the debt ceiling and 2012 budget. There are not many working days left for the House before they break for summer recess the first week of August (return Sept. 6).

If HR 589 was brought out of committee when the House returns to work on July 6, it would not pass. There is no Republican support for it in the GOP controlled House. Once it is voted down, it dies, and if we are going to see any relief, a new bill would have to be written, either in the House or Senate and the whole process would have to start over.

At this point, IMO, our only hope is to see some kind of legislation or deal made for the 99ers (and all the unemployed) in the current budget negotiations.

As always, Desp, good facts and analysis. I agree with you. And HR589 was written very poorly in the first place. As I've said before, the idea of routing individuals back through T1 was not very well thought out, due to the ramifications and administrative headache I won't bore everyone with again. It just needed a "last" tier (not a T5, let's get off that omitting idea).

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:20 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:died a long time ago! the day it was introduced!!!

HR 589 is still in the House Ways & Means Committee. The fact that Republicans won't support HR 589 means that it will die unless Democrats offer them Obama's head on a silver platter.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Sorry, But Obama offers his fellow dems. heads on a platter when he caves to repubs. purely to get votes. He makes speeches and sides with repubs. if he thinks he can be in the middle! But he will find out very quickly that Americans are smarter than he gives them credit for!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:44 pm

It was just political soapboxing. If they give the first 99ers they will have to give to the lastest 99ers. That is a lot of people. I think it is done, or it never started.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:54 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Sorry, But Obama offers his fellow dems. heads on a platter when he caves to repubs. purely to get votes. He makes speeches and sides with repubs. if he thinks he can be in the middle! But he will find out very quickly that Americans are smarter than he gives them credit for!!!

This has nothing at all to do with President Obama. Not one Republican signed on to co-sponsor, the bill would be defeated in the GOP House if was introduced right now. With top Republicans pulling temper tantrums and walking out of the budget/debt ceiling meetings because they can't get all the cuts they want on the backs of the middle-class and poor, the only people I blame for this mess we are still in is the GOP. I think the rest of America is finally waking up to that fact too.

I pity the President having to work with a bunch of Senators and Representatives who cry like little babies and walk out of crucial meetings that will ultimately affect the world economy when they don't get their own way. It must be like working in a nursery school! How do you expect him to get anything done negotiating with people who are acting less mature than my 8 year old granddaughter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:OH so basically its dead in the water.
That is just my opinion, but look at the facts. What House Republican is going to vote for it right now? I can't think of one and they have the majority in the House, and that is all they need to kill HR 589 after just one vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

You want to hear one to make you cry? I just saw on the news Senators Kerry and McCain are in Egypt, announcing 100's of millions of dollars in aid to create jobs...in Egypt, for Egyptians.

It makes me sick to hear them both going on all optimistically about how important it is to create jobs and get people back to work...in Egypt. But neither has done anything here at home.

Remind me now, is Kerry the US Senator from Egypt? What about McCain? I thought it was Massachusetts and Arizona...

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Redpossum wrote:You want to hear one to make you cry? I just saw on the news Senators Kerry and McCain are in Egypt, announcing 100's of millions of dollars in aid to create jobs...in Egypt, for Egyptians.

It makes me sick to hear them both going on all optimistically about how important it is to create jobs and get people back to work...in Egypt. But neither has done anything here at home.

Remind me now, is Kerry the US Senator from Egypt? What about McCain? I thought it was Massachusetts and Arizona...

Think this one just about did me in! I am totally speechless, as I head into my 4th year of unemployment and the jobs picture becoming more dismal each day. I've just about reached the end, but our two good Senators from MA and AZ are more concerned about creating jobs for Egypt. If I had the money, I'd move there!

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 pm

McCain: Egypt military wants civilian government
By: TAREK EL-TABLAWY | AP Business Writer | 06/26/11 1:23 PM

"The success and failure of this revolution will be directly related to investment and jobs ... in Egypt," said McCain.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011/06/mccain-egypt-military-wants-civilian-government#ixzz1QQxDl6Hx

The United States has pledged around $2 billion in aid to Egypt for the coming fiscal year, divided evenly between a debt swap and investments and financing guarantees.

Kerry said while he and McCain were pushing for Congress to approve an enterprise fund that would provide hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to small (Egyptian) businesses, it would take billions more in investment for Egypt to realize its goals.

USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 pm

MAD In-house Nazis.

I can't believe this. I also read another poster say earlier that they would rather have jobs then have another extention, and although I agree if I had to choose,however with the damage that has been done there is no way you could not have one without the other and it be effective. You have to stop the bleeding while you perform surgery. These so called human beings are helping other countries and destroying this one simutaneously. In the same realm of the analogy we are sitting in the waiting room bleeding to death. HOW MUCH MORE BLATANT CAN THEY BE!!!! Has there been any movement on 589?? 305108

Last edited by Angelicrisis on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 pm

This is extremely disturbing and I feel like I was just kicked in the stomach by a steel toe boot. WHAT THE FU**!!!
MAD BLeep

Nice to see that a republican and a democrat can come together to give EGYPT aid to create jobs, but cant do it here at home????? If this doesnt get people rioting in the streets then Idk what will. Not that I want to promote violence, but this is the last straw!! come one now!!! I have to walk away for a minute, Im seriously about to smash something. WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE!! Kerry is my state senator!!! #@$%^^&*

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 pm

USA Citizen wrote:McCain: Egypt military wants civilian government
By: TAREK EL-TABLAWY | AP Business Writer | 06/26/11 1:23 PM

"The success and failure of this revolution will be directly related to investment and jobs ... in Egypt," said McCain.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011/06/mccain-egypt-military-wants-civilian-government#ixzz1QQxDl6Hx

The United States has pledged around $2 billion in aid to Egypt for the coming fiscal year, divided evenly between a debt swap and investments and financing guarantees.

Kerry said while he and McCain were pushing for Congress to approve an enterprise fund that would provide hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to small (Egyptian) businesses, it would take billions more in investment for Egypt to realize its goals.

so do we!
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 am

That is insanity. Not one penny spent here for jobs. Tha American people should be outraged!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down