Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now

4 posters

Go down

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now Empty We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

For many who previously believed that unions were just another "special interest" they now represent a labor movement that is fighting for the rights of middle class Americans!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/we-are-all-part-of-the-la_b_828699.html

Time to take action! Any ideas?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now Empty Re: We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:09 pm

I have no ideas and hope that more knowledgeable and experience people will come up with something. There are quite a few intelligent people that post here.

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now 34243

Back to top Go down

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now Empty Re: We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 pm

If your jobless and out of benefits I am sorry but thats not even middle class!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:16 pm

JaneWI wrote:I have no ideas and hope that more knowledgeable and experience people will come up with something. There are quite a few intelligent people that post here.

And you are one of them, Jane
. You stood with the union workers in WI, you saw first hand what a large, peaceful demonstration looks like. Thank you and your neighbors in WI for starting a movement that will hopefully keep growing by the day across the country!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:If your jobless and out of benefits I am sorry but thats not even middle class!

We were middle-class for many years. I want it back, don't you?

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:For many who previously believed that unions were just another "special interest" they now represent a labor movement that is fighting for the rights of middle class Americans!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/we-are-all-part-of-the-la_b_828699.html

Time to take action! Any ideas?

E-mails faxes and peaceful demonstrations/rallies..Are prolly the best we got as of now..Until people see that what is going on effects every one..Then hopefully people start to unite..The Lower /Middle class unemployed employed and 99ers need to unite some way..Sooner than later I hope some one finds a way to get something or people organized...What the politicians are doing cant continue IMO for long before something happens...Also there is still a middle class????They r trying there hardest to make it extinct!!!!!

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Bullsh*t I disagree they fight for there own skin and ability to keep there paid for politicians in office. They arent very many and they now need to sucker everyone else into thinking they are the lone group sticking up for us and the what middleclass? That's funny there arent enough of them compared to the middleclass and when did they strike or wlakout or do any of there Union crap in protest for us NEVER just when it looks like their paid for special access is going away do then become the middleclass lol I remember them bitching about how they were trying to become for blue collar vs white collar so when that didn't work I guess they became middleclass. Well good soon they will be part of OUR movement the UE which far outnumber them I can't wait for them to join and use some of those union dues and paid for access for us not just soundbites and speeches like last year. If they were really down for us why don't they all strike that would get attention but they wouldn't do that not for us, or not at least tell they become us then watch the work start I'm glad to hear they are going to join us maybe now somebody will do more then speeches and TV comments.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:42 pm

They have not fought for the unemployed, that tells me alot. We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now 681285

Hey Unions you want another 7 million on your side start sticking up for the 99ers.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm

The fact that there are 7 million and growing forgotten Americans out there with nothing and no labor group striking rioting sitting in or anything other then h"Hey were fighting for the middleclass help us" says it all we are way beyond speeches and soundbites for them if it isn't action real hardcore action for them then it's just BS. If there were 7 million soldiers that were in some country forgotten the media, politicians everyone would be all over that for sure.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
JaneWI wrote:I have no ideas and hope that more knowledgeable and experience people will come up with something. There are quite a few intelligent people that post here.

And you are one of them, Jane
. You stood with the union workers in WI, you saw first hand what a large, peaceful demonstration looks like. Thank you and your neighbors in WI for starting a movement that will hopefully keep growing by the day across the country!

Thank you for the compliment, but I did nothing special. It's the organizers and planners that are doing the planning. What we need is someone with experience in organizing. Smile

In WI there are many more issues than just collective bargaining on the table. One of them being medicaid and the governor wanting to have absolute control over this program. This is an area that will directly impact the unemployed.

The governor also wants to be able to sell public utilities in a no bid process.

Everyone needs to remember that all workers are in this together. Any division only weakens our cause and strengthens our opponents, whether they are against extending unemployment or trying to weaken collective bargaining.

We Are All Part of the Labor Movement Now 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down