Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money

+3
Dazed&Confused
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
7 posters

Go down

It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   Empty It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm

In a party-line vote Wednesday, a congressional panel approved a Republican bill that would allow states to divert $31 billion worth of federal money for the long-term unemployed and use it to pay down state debt instead.

"Calling this a jobs bill is a cruel hoax for the millions of Americans who could see their unemployment benefits disappear under the legislation," Rep. Sandy Levin (D-Mich.), top Democrat on the committee, said. Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) said the bill amounted to reneging on the deal struck between congressional Republicans and the White House in December, which preserved federal benefits through 2011 and tax cuts for the rich through 2012.

The National Employment Law Project, a worker advocacy group, has said the bill would "steal" from the unemployed by diverting benefits funds to other parts of the unemployment insurance system.

NELP also criticized the bill because it would deny benefits to workers who lack a high school diploma or GED who are not enrolled in classes or training. "While better educating and training our workforce is a priority shared by all, [the measure] would be a cruel club, used to deny subsistence-level support to those who need it most in these tough times," NELP said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/jobs-act-committee-approv_n_860471.html?ref=tw

Back to top Go down

It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   Empty Re: It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm

It ain't official until it goes to house and senate, Right????Or not????

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   Empty Re: It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Its approved for the house.Its out of committee now.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Meaning its approved to go thru the house and then to the senate, right??? If this thing gets put in place, man 4 million suddenly drop off benefits. Oh Boy,, they'll be mad!
BTW! JIM, I did 't take your comments about those coming out of the woodwork while drawing their benefits and now that they'res is in jeopardy now they'll come to this site and ask and fight what happened??? I have been out of benefits over a year. and have been on all forums from the beginning!!! And advocated so much that I get the same replies back!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 pm

1208 I wasnt speaking about you. I was speaking about all the folks who are on federal tiers who once they got their extension scrammed thinking they were all set till end of year if needed. Those are the ones who are going to be devasted if this should become law.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 5:37 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Meaning its approved to go thru the house and then to the senate, right??? If this thing gets put in place, man 4 million suddenly drop off benefits. Oh Boy,, they'll be mad!
BTW! JIM, I did 't take your comments about those coming out of the woodwork while drawing their benefits and now that they'res is in jeopardy now they'll come to this site and ask and fight what happened??? I have been out of benefits over a year. and have been on all forums from the beginning!!! And advocated so much that I get the same replies back!!

It wasn't JIM, it was me who made that comment, and I was not talking about you. You are one who has been in this the whole time!!

Again - I was not talking about you!
There are many who we have seen come and go over the past year and a half. You have ALWAYS done your share and I personally thank you for that!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:1208 I wasnt speaking about you. I was speaking about all the folks who are on federal tiers who once they got their extension scrammed thinking they were all set till end of year if needed. Those are the ones who are going to be devasted if this should become law.

I also meant to say... I didn't take offense sorry!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Sent 100 Senate letters so far, I doubt, I truly do, this will get passed a 60 vote in the Senate, no way, no how. They can't throw 9 million people out the door, it would create a civil war, they know that. We already have what 5 million that are not receiving benefits, I think more but that is what THEY say. 14 million families starving, probably many more. I heard it cost 10 billion a week in Afganistan (unless I heard wrong). Take the money from Wall Street and Oil profits, we have had enough from these freaks, the Republicans. They keep on telling us how great things are because the US economists say so, but they should speak with a think tank economist, and get the real story.

It ain't official until it goes thru the House first and approved (I am not sure it would be approved in the House, probaby, but maybe not), then the Senate where they would need 60 votes to approve it, and they will not get that, remember we still have 9% unemployment and we don't know which way the rate is going. Even if it passed the Senate, the President then has to sign it, I don't see that happening, I don't see it making it to his desk. It is just ridiculous what these a-hole Republicans will do.

Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Dang, I can't find the post anyway! Desp. if it was you heck, I agree with you.. But those who may drop off benefits will have a cold surprise coming. They'll be those who are signing u for their bi weekly checks and not paying attention to anything going on except for those who are near the end of their extensions. Then they will sign on and see if anything is up about more weeks and some who have what they think are tier 1 and 2 and 3 and even 4 coming and its Welcome to the home of 99 er's and being out of benefits.Because this thing if passed will be a total surprise to them to be suddenly cut off. I do not think Obama wants to deal with 4 million suddenly dropped from extensions going into 2012 elections. So he should be outraged that they reneged on him and devised a plan to cut the 13 mos. short and make him look like an bad person. He cannot be pleased at all. But should he signoff if it is even passed, then boy I really worry then!!! IMO!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I have been away for awhile working a contract assignment. Still 10 weeks away before I can restart UE, this sucks. I can understand if someone gets a job or an assignment and can't keep in contact. They need to focus on keeping that work while it is there. Please forgive people that do get work. For the ones who can should continue to speak out.

People should not be afraid to return, once an assignment ends. We need your input and support goes both ways. Age discrimination is rampant even if you can work! That is one thing for sure.

I didn't forget anyone on these forums. At least now I am collecting Social Security as of last month.

I don't like what I read and hear, after all this time and still kicking us to the curb.

This will not be tolerated!
MAD

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed May 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Once again, we are BACK to the SAME BS on SURVIVAL of EUC hogging the spotlight like it has for the last 2 years, thus putting 99ers to the back of the bus....AGAIN. GOPers are just PLAIN EVIL and need to die off, preferably NOW. Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I spoke to someone on T3 yesterday. They HAD no clue of this was going down.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed May 11, 2011 9:47 pm

just getting caught up but just because this bill will pass the house it still hast to hit the senate right?

If so it will not pass but it will bring the unemployment crisis into the spotlight. Felling a bit crappy and I am hopped up on cold meds so not really sure if I am right.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 pm

You are right.

Remember the last two years when one republican in the senate stopped all extensions and tier 5 efforts? It only takes one democrat, or one Bernie Sanders, to stop this. It WILL be stopped.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 pm

The Dems NEED to stand up and PROTEST this LOUDLY. This will UNDO THE BILL PASSAGE last Dec that the Scumpuglicans AGREED upon. This is nothing MORE than tactics by snakes, lying, thieving, cheating snakes. They continually do nothing but rig the table, fix the dice, stack the deck and MARK the cards in their favor. Criminals...every last one.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Rep. Levin was not a very happy person during that hearing. He blasted the GOP. In his words, he said over and over: "We got 'snookered' last year"!!!!! regarding giving into the Bush Tax Cuts compromise!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

mistermunster wrote:The Dems NEED to stand up and PROTEST this LOUDLY. This will UNDO THE BILL PASSAGE last Dec that the Scumpuglicans AGREED upon. This is nothing MORE than tactics by snakes, lying, thieving, cheating snakes. They continually do nothing but rig the table, fix the dice, stack the deck and MARK the cards in their favor. Criminals...every last one.

Its really a clear cut arguement. How can they justify giving tax breaks to the rich and Big Oil while cutting the jobless off? They really do not care what voters think and they believe they can just buy elections. Sorry GOP but 2012 will be a disaster for you I just hope the dems can capitalize. Rolling Eyes In a big way but not holding my breath. It's Official - JOBS Act: Committee Approves GOP Bill That Would Let States Redirect Jobless Money   692441
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down