Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today!

+3
lendmeflight2
Dazed&Confused
7 posters

Go down

States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! Empty States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today!

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 9:20 am

A bill backed by Ways and Means Committee Chairman David Camp, a Republican from Michigan, would let states use the $31 billion they are set to get for extended unemployment aid to prevent business tax increases, pay back federal loans or fund job-training programs. The measure may be sent to the full House of Representatives as soon as today.

‘Steal’ From Jobless

“It’s an opportunity for the states to steal from money that has been allocated for the unemployed in order to give businesses a tax break,” said Judy Conti, a lobbyist in Washington for the National Employment Law Project, which advocates for the jobless. “There are many states that would jump to that.”

http://tinyurl.com/6a83tke

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed May 11, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! Empty Re: States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today!

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 am

This is very disturbing. Will it ever end??

States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! 806957

Back to top Go down

States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! Empty Re: States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today!

Post by guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 am

While this may get through the House, I can not see it passing the Senate, especially once we hit them w/ emails, faxes, phone calls. Remember, the R's control the House, so it should not surprise people to see this type of behavior from them. The real fight will be in the Senate, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 am

My concern is the delay for any additional help we may receive from HR 589. We all saw last year how long it took to pass 4213. This is a major distraction from HR 589. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 pm

There is no end to these Republicans, but Obama would never sign it. We do need to get bacl tp 589 now.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 2:09 pm

It will never pass the senate.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 11, 2011 2:14 pm

At least the Senate is good for something.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:15 pm

It just cleared the hearing and is moving on to the house floor. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:33 pm

OK NOW I AM BEGGING, PLEASE....for those that havent started yet, stand up and fight!! Tell GOP what they are doing is morally and financially irresponsible!! We need as many people we can get to call fax tweet march whatever, just do something!!! Let them know we need HR 589 as well. Its the best thing for the economy and for the long term unemployed. Tell them you are tired of the assaults!
 States May Redirect Jobless Benefit Funds Under GOP Proposal -Bill GOES to House Today! 806957

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:03 pm

aloneinpa wrote:While this may get through the House, I can not see it passing the Senate, especially once we hit them w/ emails, faxes, phone calls. Remember, the R's control the House, so it should not surprise people to see this type of behavior from them. The real fight will be in the Senate, imo.

As I have said with several post! This is as I have predicted.... It would zoom out of committee and they are going to test its passage. If it looks like it will pass then they will release 589.. But if they do not pass, then 589 will remain stuck in committee. I also said that they are afraid 589 may pass.. this is why they are doing this!! The key is: Will dems in senate kill it or vote for passage.. AND if passed will Obama veto the bills. They will certainly delay 589....

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 pm

There is no way the Dems and the President will dump 9 million people plus their families on the street, not gonna happen.

In another twist PA Republican just signed a bill to keep EB in PA. In PA DOL only has 4 Democrats and that bill was going no where. This came as a shock to all of us.

Seems very suspicous to me - perhaps the states must have the 3-year look back on EB in order for the states to take the money for their own issues, and screw the people.

I can't find my glass so forgive if mispellings. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Funny how this got ALL fast tracked within a FEW days while HR 589 is in limbo. GOPers ARE the NEW TERRORIST.And must be stopped by force, seems like there is no other way. They keep pulling these consistent ATTACKS against the people OVER and OVER.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I 2nd that. The same squad that got Osama needs to infiltrate the white house and Wall Street, they are doing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more damage.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 pm

mistermunster wrote:Funny how this got ALL fast tracked within a FEW days while HR 589 is in limbo. GOPers ARE the NEW TERRORIST.And must be stopped by force, seems like there is no other way. They keep pulling these consistent ATTACKS against the people OVER and OVER.

MM, I said they would do this. It shows they're manipulation.I also say this I truly believe that A. They pushed them through to test and see if they pass and then 589 would come on out of committee. But if these two bills are DOA and do not pass or dragged out, then 589 will stay in committee until Camp is pressured to do something , if at all. But I am sure it is a test or used to manipulate... I do not think it will pass. Unless there is some very weak Democrats!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

mistermunster wrote:Funny how this got ALL fast tracked within a FEW days while HR 589 is in limbo. GOPers ARE the NEW TERRORIST.And must be stopped by force, seems like there is no other way. They keep pulling these consistent ATTACKS against the people OVER and OVER.

I think we agreed upon this before, they are terrorists, I wrote a line item post a while ago about what they did to my life. Question is, how do we get rid of them. Seems they are over populating, like the Chinese. Mothers you may have only one "Republican" in your litter. Dazed LMAO
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down