Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators.

Go down

Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. Empty Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators.

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I emailed my state senator John Kerry about S3706 MONTHS AGO and just now got a response from him.

Dear Amy:

Thank you for your letter on job creation and economic recovery. Jobs are issue number one for me in the Senate.

It may not always feel this way, but the economy has come a long way over the course of these past two years, and there is still a long way to go. After the national unemployment rate reached a staggering 10.6% just one year ago, it now stands at 8.2% in Massachusetts. After losing millions of jobs during the recession, we have seen over twelve straight months of job growth with more than one million jobs created in the private sector. After enduring a dark economic time, small businesses are beginning to grow once more and consumer confidence is on the rise. There is little doubt that America has entered into a gradually accelerating recovery, but there is also zero doubt that much work is left to be done. Recovery is just a word until people feel their lives are better.

For the last two years, I worked to help the Massachusetts economy. I'm glad we passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. This critical legislation provided tax relief to middle class families and small businesses, gave assistance to the Americans hit hardest by the recession, invested in the private sector to strengthen our nation's infrastructure for the future and helped to save over three million jobs and counting by avoiding layoffs of first responders and teachers.

Additionally, I worked in Congress to save the American auto industry and the millions of jobs connected to it through the Cash for Clunkers program and temporary loans that the industry has since largely repaid. I supported the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law July 2010 to reform the Wall Street practices that cost our country an immeasurable sum in jobs lost, homes foreclosed, retirement incomes destroyed, and dreams dashed. This law will ensure that the greed and reckless risk-taking among the wealthiest bankers can never again threaten the well being of our people and our nation.

It is also important to strengthen our safety net during this time of crisis by ensuring quality health care for those middle class families who can't afford it, as well as more affordable quality care for those who can; financial assistance for indebted college students; and, unemployment insurance for those who lost their jobs. I supported a new focus on righting our trade imbalance and creating jobs here in America through increasing exports. I also voted for the Obama tax deal that will provide significant tax cuts to families and businesses alike, and will further stimulate our economy through incentives for businesses to invest in research and development and renewable energy technologies.

There is much work that lay ahead, not just to continue the recovery, but to make America competitive for the long term. We must forge ahead with investments in America to build and grow the innovation economy of the future. New investments in research and development will not just put people to work today, but will also contribute to the discoveries and inventions that energize our economy tomorrow. Opening consumer markets around the world to American businesses through free and fair trade agreements, such as the one recently reached between the Obama administration and the nation of South Korea, will grow our nation's exports and strengthen our international relationships both today and tomorrow. Investments in clean, American energy sources and technologies will not just generate high paying jobs today, but will also power our world tomorrow. Perhaps most importantly, investments in American infrastructure, from roads and high speed rail to digital information highways, will drive job creation today, and will support our economy tomorrow.

At the same time, it is essential that we take responsible action to reduce our budget deficit and pay down our debt, and I will continue working with my colleagues in Congress on both sides of the aisle to do it. I have been part of the effort to insist on fiscal responsibility for a long time – from the Gramm Rudman Hollings Deficit effort of the 1980's, to the 1993 budget vote that set us on a path to a balanced budget and budget surpluses. We need to return to that tough-minded, disciplined thinking that helped us "cut and invest" our way to a growing economy and balanced budgets of the 1990's.

I will continue to do everything I can to help get America back to work, on fiscally sound footing, and moving forward again.

Thank you again for your correspondence on this topic. Please don't hesitate to reach me in the future on this issue or any other concern.

This email account cannot accept incoming mail or response to emails. Please submit any of your questions or concerns at www.kerry.senate.gov. Thank you.

First of all, why is it they all always have to yank their own chain? I asked about s3706 and not once is it mentioned in this reply. AND I sent the email to him months ago!!

Second, at this point I dont care what he has done in the past, I want to know what he plans on doing NOW and in the future to help the unemployed.

Third, the reply was so dam long I could barely stand to read it.

MAD

Back to top Go down

Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. Empty Re: Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon May 09, 2011 3:47 pm

I never got response back from him. He sounds like a repub in that canned letter.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators. Empty Re: Sick of the same old crappy responses from Reps and Senators.

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 4:03 pm

yes, I thought so too. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down