Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

3 posters

Go down

Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. Empty Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by superstevies Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

WOW!
Congressman David Dreier my 26th district rep. is a piece of work. I just called bull dooky on him and so they hung up on me. Back in december I called on him for support of some help for the LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED or 99'ers. The letter I received said that there was no bill in the house to lend help to the 99'ers but if there ever were to call on him to support it. So, I did just that, I called and read the letter I received from his D.C. office and I said so I am once again asking for his support of bill H.R.589 and they said there is no bill 589. Until it makes it out of committee as a bill it is not one. It is a pending bill they said, and it will never come to fruition so he cannot lend his support for a bill that doesn't exhist, they then hung up on me.

This guy is lunatic conservative (who is rumored to have plenty of skeletons in his closet & just needs to come out) I wish I had a rep. that I could at least call on for support. I will just keep up my pressure but it hurts when your own representative doesn't even support ya. Plus with the way the budget fight is looming, I throw up a little in my mouth when I think about this bill even making it to the floor. But I have all my fingers and toes and anything else I can cross, crossed.

superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. Empty Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by MoInSTL Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district. Empty Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by superstevies Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

Wow! What reason do they give. Especially a member of CBC, I guess I just figured that all the CBC would be on board. I think we all have a tough fight, no matter what.

superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Kind of doesn't make sense- if you go on The American99ers Union site, their list of co-sponsors is growing every day! But then, conservative repugs don't make sense period. Iowa finally got one of our Reps on the list of co-sponsors, have e-mailed the rest- and my Senators, too!

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm

superstevies wrote:
MoInSTL wrote:I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

Wow! What reason do they give. Especially a member of CBC, I guess I just figured that all the CBC would be on board. I think we all have a tough fight, no matter what.

Are you ready? "The congressman cannot co-sponsor every bill out there". I challenged that and was finally transferred to his legislative aide who listened to my points and said he would pass my comments on to him. I haven't checked the co-sponsor list lately. His name is William (Lacy) Clay.

Edit: According to American 99ers Union he still hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor. Sad
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:21 pm

MoInSTL wrote:
superstevies wrote:

Are you ready? "The congressman cannot co-sponsor every bill out there". I challenged that and was finally transferred to his legislative aide who listened to my points and said he would pass my comments on to him. I haven't checked the co-sponsor list lately. His name is William (Lacy) Clay.

Edit: According to American 99ers Union he still hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor. Sad

Well, I guess he is right, he problable cannot co-sponsor every bill out there...BUT TO ME....THE OLD ADDAGE, CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES. ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE UNEMPLOYED IN HIS DISTRICT WILL REMEMBER THAT. HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT NEEDS FOOD ON THE TABLE OR BILLS PAID, SO IT'S NOT OF CONCERN.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down