Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by superstevies on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

WOW!
Congressman David Dreier my 26th district rep. is a piece of work. I just called bull dooky on him and so they hung up on me. Back in december I called on him for support of some help for the LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED or 99'ers. The letter I received said that there was no bill in the house to lend help to the 99'ers but if there ever were to call on him to support it. So, I did just that, I called and read the letter I received from his D.C. office and I said so I am once again asking for his support of bill H.R.589 and they said there is no bill 589. Until it makes it out of committee as a bill it is not one. It is a pending bill they said, and it will never come to fruition so he cannot lend his support for a bill that doesn't exhist, they then hung up on me.

This guy is lunatic conservative (who is rumored to have plenty of skeletons in his closet & just needs to come out) I wish I had a rep. that I could at least call on for support. I will just keep up my pressure but it hurts when your own representative doesn't even support ya. Plus with the way the budget fight is looming, I throw up a little in my mouth when I think about this bill even making it to the floor. But I have all my fingers and toes and anything else I can cross, crossed.







superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by MoInSTL on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

MoInSTL
Member

Posts : 317
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by superstevies on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

Wow! What reason do they give. Especially a member of CBC, I guess I just figured that all the CBC would be on board. I think we all have a tough fight, no matter what.


superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by CLO on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Kind of doesn't make sense- if you go on The American99ers Union site, their list of co-sponsors is growing every day! But then, conservative repugs don't make sense period. Iowa finally got one of our Reps on the list of co-sponsors, have e-mailed the rest- and my Senators, too!

CLO
Member

Posts : 80
Join date : 2011-02-22
Location : Ioway

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by MoInSTL on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm

superstevies wrote:
MoInSTL wrote:I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

Wow! What reason do they give. Especially a member of CBC, I guess I just figured that all the CBC would be on board. I think we all have a tough fight, no matter what.


Are you ready? "The congressman cannot co-sponsor every bill out there". I challenged that and was finally transferred to his legislative aide who listened to my points and said he would pass my comments on to him. I haven't checked the co-sponsor list lately. His name is William (Lacy) Clay.

Edit: According to American 99ers Union he still hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor. Sad

MoInSTL
Member

Posts : 317
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by superstevies on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:21 pm

MoInSTL wrote:
superstevies wrote:
MoInSTL wrote:I can't get my democratic rep. who is also a member of the Congressional Black Caucus to be a co-sponsor on HR 589 so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

Wow! What reason do they give. Especially a member of CBC, I guess I just figured that all the CBC would be on board. I think we all have a tough fight, no matter what.


Are you ready? "The congressman cannot co-sponsor every bill out there". I challenged that and was finally transferred to his legislative aide who listened to my points and said he would pass my comments on to him. I haven't checked the co-sponsor list lately. His name is William (Lacy) Clay.

Edit: According to American 99ers Union he still hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor. Sad


Well, I guess he is right, he problable cannot co-sponsor every bill out there...BUT TO ME....THE OLD ADDAGE, CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES. ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE UNEMPLOYED IN HIS DISTRICT WILL REMEMBER THAT. HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT NEEDS FOOD ON THE TABLE OR BILLS PAID, SO IT'S NOT OF CONCERN.

superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Contacting you House Reps. for H.R. 589 support hard to do in my district.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:46 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum