Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 am

Three Republican senators on Wednesday will propose a Social Security reform package that would raise the retirement age to 70 and cut benefits for the wealthy.

Sens. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) previewed their proposal on Fox News, saying that it will put the entitlement program on a long-term path to solvency without raising taxes. The senators said that their plan would gradually raise the retirement age from 67 to 70 and would not affect individuals age 56 or older.

http://tinyurl.com/6kdojvy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:26 am

They can go F themselves!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They can go F themselves!

Yes they can. Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Abbie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:56 am

Why don't we just work until we drop dead and they keep the money, that's what these aholes are shooting for anyway. These politicians are no better than thieves and most would be a good fit for any number of terrorist organizations.

Abbie
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They can go F themselves!

Yes they can. Twisted Evil

O boy the darthtater has some word for them.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by laine25 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:19 pm

It's all BS....it's extremely difficult to find even a part time job if you are older. I know..I've been looking for over a year..

laine25
Member

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by 503Depressed on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm

I've been looking for over 2 years, at my age, I'm not finding anything either. Trying to get customers for free-lance computer technician work is difficult as well.

503Depressed
Member

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 52
Location : Portland, Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Injeun on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Moving the date out three years isn't a big deal. One may still begin collecting early....what is it, five years? And if it saves the program as opposed to destroying it entirely forever for all elderly, it is well worth considering IMO.

Injeun
Member

Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-02-20
Location : Central Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by tristen303 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Listening to Obama on the budget speak is a joke, whining about the tax breaks while just not getting that were broke his entitlement bs wish list is over and with his polls slipping and the votes from the last election the MAJORITY are done with his sales pitches and flawed ideology, he just doesn’t get it (I don't think he took math or economics in school or slept through it, he certainly was awake in marketing class) . Sadly nobody else is any better.

tristen303
Member

Posts : 663
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by nky101 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:28 pm

It amazes me that in one post people want us to get Republican support, then follow that up with nothing but degrading the Republican party. This seems counter-productive.

nky101
Member

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 pm

tristen303 wrote:Listening to Obama on the budget speak is a joke, whining about the tax breaks while just not getting that were broke his entitlement bs wish list is over and with his polls slipping and the votes from the last election the MAJORITY are done with his sales pitches and flawed ideology, he just doesn’t get it (I don't think he took math or economics in school or slept through it, he certainly was awake in marketing class) . Sadly nobody else is any better.

You do realize its costs 500 billion a year for the rich tax breaks right. Stop them end the wars and maybe we have a chance?

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:34 pm

nky101 wrote:It amazes me that in one post people want us to get Republican support, then follow that up with nothing but degrading the Republican party. This seems counter-productive.

By the way this should be titled the teaparty senators. They are a lost cause. They only see RICH PEOPLE!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by nky101 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:36 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
tristen303 wrote:Listening to Obama on the budget speak is a joke, whining about the tax breaks while just not getting that were broke his entitlement bs wish list is over and with his polls slipping and the votes from the last election the MAJORITY are done with his sales pitches and flawed ideology, he just doesn’t get it (I don't think he took math or economics in school or slept through it, he certainly was awake in marketing class) . Sadly nobody else is any better.

You do realize its costs 500 billion a year for the rich tax breaks right. Stop them end the wars and maybe we have a chance?

You do realize that any increase in their costs will be passed on to the consumer. After all, the "rich" are mosty business owners that create jobs.

nky101
Member

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:40 pm

nky101 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
tristen303 wrote:Listening to Obama on the budget speak is a joke, whining about the tax breaks while just not getting that were broke his entitlement bs wish list is over and with his polls slipping and the votes from the last election the MAJORITY are done with his sales pitches and flawed ideology, he just doesn’t get it (I don't think he took math or economics in school or slept through it, he certainly was awake in marketing class) . Sadly nobody else is any better.

You do realize its costs 500 billion a year for the rich tax breaks right. Stop them end the wars and maybe we have a chance?

You do realize that any increase in their costs will be passed on to the consumer. After all, the "rich" are mosty business owners that create jobs.

Do you realize in the past 11 years of the rich tax breaks they CREATED NO JOBS JUST SENT THEM OVER SEAS. End the tax loopholes and Oil subsidies for wealthy Oil companies too.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
nky101 wrote:It amazes me that in one post people want us to get Republican support, then follow that up with nothing but degrading the Republican party. This seems counter-productive.

By the way this should be titled the teaparty senators. They are a lost cause. They only see RICH PEOPLE!

Agree. Also, I will not be the hypocrites that they are and play nice to them when they are ruining our country. We are heading towards, or probably already are, an Aristocracy.

By the way, with the toll that long term employment has taken on my health and many others, we will not live to be 70 years old. There you go, GOP, problem solved with SS and Medicare!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by nky101 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Look, I am bitter too, but, there is enough blame to go around. We need the help of the Republicans, and bashing them will do no good. One political solution is:
DON'T RE-ELECT [u]ANYBODY!!!

nky101
Member

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

nky101 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
tristen303 wrote:Listening to Obama on the budget speak is a joke, whining about the tax breaks while just not getting that were broke his entitlement bs wish list is over and with his polls slipping and the votes from the last election the MAJORITY are done with his sales pitches and flawed ideology, he just doesn’t get it (I don't think he took math or economics in school or slept through it, he certainly was awake in marketing class) . Sadly nobody else is any better.

You do realize its costs 500 billion a year for the rich tax breaks right. Stop them end the wars and maybe we have a chance?

You do realize that any increase in their costs will be passed on to the consumer. After all, the "rich" are mosty business owners that create jobs.

lol!
Create jobs? Where, please tell me. No they don't. They downsize and outsource. I really feel bad for the older workers who have been out of work so long. When BOA started outsourcing their call center here in '08, they were the first to go. I was fortunate enough to be there until the middle of 2009. Big business is not creating jobs, they are soaking up their profits and giving their CEO's big bonuses while hiring temp workers until they can outsource the entire operation.

MAD

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by nky101 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Create jobs? Where, please tell me. No they don't. They downsize and outsource. I really feel bad for the older workers who have been out of work so long. When BOA started outsourcing their call center here in '08, they were the first to go. I was fortunate enough to be there until the middle of 2009. Big business is not creating jobs, they are soaking up their profits and giving their CEO's big bonuses while hiring temp workers until they can outsource the entire operation.

[b]Did you ever think that higher taxes and higher union demands make doing business difficult in the U.S??

nky101
Member

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:56 pm

nky101 wrote:Look, I am bitter too, but, there is enough blame to go around. We need the help of the Republicans, and bashing them will do no good. One political solution is:
DON'T RE-ELECT [u]ANYBODY!!!

I am 36 started working when I was 14 and I have a new job I starts on monday. I don't want to work until I am 70 and then die a few years later because they want to give my money to the rich. Sorry let them figure out how to spend less. These 3 jerks that want this are NEVER going to support unemployment benefits. All they want to do is transfer wealth from me to them. I am not going down without a fight.

Do you want to retire at 70? I don't think so.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by JoanB on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm

nky101 wrote:Create jobs? Where, please tell me. No they don't. They downsize and outsource. I really feel bad for the older workers who have been out of work so long. When BOA started outsourcing their call center here in '08, they were the first to go. I was fortunate enough to be there until the middle of 2009. Big business is not creating jobs, they are soaking up their profits and giving their CEO's big bonuses while hiring temp workers until they can outsource the entire operation.

[b]Did you ever think that higher taxes and higher union demands make doing business difficult in the U.S??

Did you ever think that maybe you've been sold a load of #$%? If higher taxes and unions make it so hard for companies to turn a buck here, why is it that when unions were the strongest and corporate taxes were the highest, we had far lower unemployement...oh, and people were paid enough to support a family on one paycheck? Instead of repeating the nonsense they feed you on Fox, why not learn some history?

JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by lendmeflight2 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

JoanB wrote:
nky101 wrote:Create jobs? Where, please tell me. No they don't. They downsize and outsource. I really feel bad for the older workers who have been out of work so long. When BOA started outsourcing their call center here in '08, they were the first to go. I was fortunate enough to be there until the middle of 2009. Big business is not creating jobs, they are soaking up their profits and giving their CEO's big bonuses while hiring temp workers until they can outsource the entire operation.

[b]Did you ever think that higher taxes and higher union demands make doing business difficult in the U.S??

Did you ever think that maybe you've been sold a load of #$%? If higher taxes and unions make it so hard for companies to turn a buck here, why is it that when unions were the strongest and corporate taxes were the highest, we had far lower unemployement...oh, and people were paid enough to support a family on one paycheck? Instead of repeating the nonsense they feed you on Fox, why not learn some history?


When the republicans tell you that these tax cuts go to job creators they are blatantaly lying. The Bush tax cuts were for individual earners, not businesses. They only cut taxes on the pay checks that ceos and other rich people take home. Big business hasn't paid taxes for many many years.

Bank of America made over $4 billion in profit in 2009, paid literally nothing in taxes, and got a refund check from the government for over $1 billion. That was free money to outsource jobs. This is what your republican buddies don't tell you. This is why they are bashed so much here. It is obvious the damage that they are doing to our country. The republicans have no interest in stopping free money to bilionaire corporations. Unfortunately Obama doesn's seem to be proactive in it either. however, just because Obama is a disappointment doesn't mean that I am going to vote republican. There is no republican in the field right now that is worth voting for either so I might as well keep the guy I have. If there were what I now call a "tristenian" republican, after my much respected unemployed friend Tristen303, I would consider it but that ship doesn't seem to be on the horizon.


lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by troycomic on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:40 pm

No it's retirement by 99 weeks. If I don't have a good job during my 40's 50's 60's I plan to be dead before 70. Odds I will not be in good health. So on my 70th birthday my cake will say "Happy Birthday And Enjoy the nursing home while you eat apple sauce through a straw"

I just want a job to get more credit so I can rank up a ton of credit card debt and die without paying.

troycomic
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

JoanB wrote:
nky101 wrote:Create jobs? Where, please tell me. No they don't. They downsize and outsource. I really feel bad for the older workers who have been out of work so long. When BOA started outsourcing their call center here in '08, they were the first to go. I was fortunate enough to be there until the middle of 2009. Big business is not creating jobs, they are soaking up their profits and giving their CEO's big bonuses while hiring temp workers until they can outsource the entire operation.

[b]Did you ever think that higher taxes and higher union demands make doing business difficult in the U.S??

Did you ever think that maybe you've been sold a load of #$%? If higher taxes and unions make it so hard for companies to turn a buck here, why is it that when unions were the strongest and corporate taxes were the highest, we had far lower unemployement...oh, and people were paid enough to support a family on one paycheck? Instead of repeating the nonsense they feed you on Fox, why not learn some history?

Two thumbs up. Hey joan my grandma used to make those monkies in your avatar and sell them at Flea Markets.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by JoanB on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Two thumbs up. Hey joan my grandma used to make those monkies in your avatar and sell them at Flea Markets.


Ha! Your granny and me--we were into sock monkies before sock monkies were cool!

I actually knitted this one, which now lives with my neighbor's little neice and is named "Casey". But don't let that fool you into thinking I'm nice. I'm really a very mean, bitter old woman.

JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 pm

JoanB wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Two thumbs up. Hey joan my grandma used to make those monkies in your avatar and sell them at Flea Markets.


Ha! Your granny and me--we were into sock monkies before sock monkies were cool!

I actually knitted this one, which now lives with my neighbor's little neice and is named "Casey". But don't let that fool you into thinking I'm nice. I'm really a very mean, bitter old woman.

In that case here is a hug for you

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: GOP senators: Raise retirement age to 70

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum