Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

+8
Angelicrisis
exhaustedandtired/1208
Dazed&Confused
gettheminNOVEMBER
Kathleen
Jobless_in_Ma
Abbie
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 Empty ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

House Republicans unveiled a bill on Thursday that would give state governments greater leeway in how they spend federal funds earmarked for benefits for long-term unemployed people.

The legislation, introduced by House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R., Mich.), would enable states to use the funds for other purposes including investing in job creation programs, repaying money already owed to the federal government through the program, providing tax breaks for employers, or continuing to pay jobless benefits to long-term unemployed people.

But House Democrats quickly slammed the bill because it would allow states to reduce the weeks of jobless benefits offered instead of ensuring up to 99 weeks of unemployment insurance through the end of the year. Some states have already started trimming back the 26 weeks of state-funded benefits.

“This is the opposite of a jobs bill — it is a hatchet job on the unemployment insurance program,” Rep. Sander Levin (D. Mich.), Ranking Member of the Ways & Means Committee said in a statement. “With this legislation, Republicans are proposing to end this year’s guaranteed benefit for the long-term unemployed.”
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 417578

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/05/05/bill-would-allow-states-to-use-unemployment-funds-for-other-purposes/?mod=google_news_blog

Not good. Sad

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 am

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 806957 Just when we think we are getting through to them....

I think THEY need drug testing, they obviously are not "with it"!

Back to top Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 11:31 am

aloneinpa wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
Dazed&Confused wrote:Jobs act my bee-hind. Just when you think they can do no more to you, you find out they can and will but I don't think this one will get passed the Senate, nevermind the White House. Republican just make me sick. Dazed

After the news that Rep. Camp introduced this bill in the House, it was announced that Senator Orrin Hatch introduced similar legislation in the Senate yesterday. This bicameral bill could end the way state's pay EUC, thereby ending the current Tier system in place.

Obviously we will have to increase awareness on this, maybe contact Ed Shultz (MSNBC), he has assisted in the past w/ the long term unemployed, but there has been so much going on in this country/world, that our story has been sidelined, we have to get it back and be front and center. We could email Ed/staff and others in the media who have been helpful in the past. Create the same awareness and anger as we saw w/ the medicare issue and how the Republicans wanted to basically eliminate it, the people came out and let the R's know it was unacceptable....result, the R's are backing off. We have to do likewise. Contact all media to assist in getting the word out on what the Republicans are doing to people who are already struggling, down and out. We have to fight back.

Send that brilliant post you made yesterday to them! That is what they need to know!

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 562135

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I hope members who are not 99ers read this and see what this means. That lil safety net you thought you had...Hanging by a thread right now....
Im going to tweet the heck out of this so the masses know.

You know those on benefits right now especially one's on first 26 weeks must know the possibility exist that if this bill passes no matter if the president passed extensions thru Jan 2012(of the 13mos) if this bill amendment passes then no more extensions for them after their 26 weeks or tier 1. then thats it for them. Now how stupid is it to take unemployment money and use it for jobs creation that currently isn't working to its maximum enough to relieve the 13 to 15 million to find jobs and have an income. The new job creations truth or lies is offset by the high new claim numbers. So at least the 99er's have one distinct advantage and that is welcome to our world. Get used to being broke and without income! All the repubs. are going to do is drive many who lose unemployment benefits and drive them to Supplimental income and food stamps lines. Guess then they will thru cut spending will cut that off too and say hay live or die.. That is your problem... I have never been so anti repub. as I am now! BUT, BUT... The dems. are laying quietly and saying and doing nothing which is worse. They should be furious and pointing out the plight of millions who can't find jobs and out of support and income and more. Where are they. It seems the rich supporting repubs. are joined with dems. who support their particular base too. It seems that unemployed and unemployment is an issue they both want to go away!!!! Its BAGGAGE!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 12:16 pm

I wish someone would go on record and let us know the real skinny on this. Right now were all in panic mode from this.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I wish someone would go on record and let us know the real skinny on this. Right now were all in panic mode from this.

JIM< Maybe that is what I have tried to say especially when I have commented about Lee and the need for her to keep the bill in the forefront as well as the so called other co-sponsors... And if someone could just say to the 99er's.... This is what is going on now and tell us the chances that we are going to get relief. Instead they seem to stay in hiding! Yes I know Lee is arranging a meeting with Pres. BUT! What does that mean!Is she going to have to twist his arm to see where he stands for the unemployed! It seems that both sides have wrote the unemployed off as a lost cause and now are focusing on those who have jobs an supporting them and the RICH!!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 pm

I am sorry, but my rant button has been pushed and I went to counseling to break the habit of rants but it seems I have had a relapse!!! LMAO

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 12:49 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I am sorry, but my rant button has been pushed and I went to counseling to break the habit of rants but it seems I have had a relapse!!! LMAO

We all have them days..Nothing wrong with rants when theyre warranted.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:57 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I wish someone would go on record and let us know the real skinny on this. Right now were all in panic mode from this.

JIM< Maybe that is what I have tried to say especially when I have commented about Lee and the need for her to keep the bill in the forefront as well as the so called other co-sponsors... And if someone could just say to the 99er's.... This is what is going on now and tell us the chances that we are going to get relief. Instead they seem to stay in hiding! Yes I know Lee is arranging a meeting with Pres. BUT! What does that mean!Is she going to have to twist his arm to see where he stands for the unemployed! It seems that both sides have wrote the unemployed off as a lost cause and now are focusing on those who have jobs an supporting them and the RICH!!!!

1208, Camp and Hatch pulled a fast one on Rep. Lee. This came out of nowhere. According to the articles and Dem. Rep's websites I have read, they are FURIOUS with this proposed legislation.

And by the way, I am ranting even louder than you are over this! affraid

Tweeting is a good way to release those vents....just ask Darthtater36! You should really give it a try, you can actually reach more people through twitter than any other social network. Also, if you think your rants are bad, you should see the Twitter rants!

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Fri May 06, 2011 1:08 pm

FWIW, I just sent something to the Crew of 42 asking them what else we can do and how they think this will effect 589. I already rant on Twitter and it helps reach people, some who even rant with me. I'll let you know what kind of reply I get.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 pm

DespInRi also asked the crew42 as well. Ive tweeted to Lee as well, but doubt Ill get an answer from her.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I tweeted crewof42 too and it got some retweets. hopefully we will get an answer. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

THe GOP should've been in Osamas hideout, their greed and stupidity is rivaling the number of people's lives shattered by 911. This bill is pure exemplification of this. How can they think this will pass with things being as bad as they are ( besides the media manipulation) Greedy, delusiional, self-centered, puss bags...I woke up to read this crap and I hope that they all pay. This is %^#*&#^&# ridiculous! MAD I have absolutely no sympathy for anything that happens to any of them in the future if they continue to destroy peoples lives the way they have over the past few years.

Hopefully Obama is going to try to get his approval rating higher and this gets booted out as quicky as they tried to sneak it in...Im gonna lose all my hair by the end of this post MAD

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Heres a good article that seems to actually be informative and inspiring.

"House Human Resources Subcommittee Ranking Member Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) called the bill "a surprise assault on the jobless."

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/05/houserep_levin_says_republican_bill_thre.html

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by irishmalou Fri May 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh My God we won't have money for food! I fall through the cracks in the sense that technically my husband makes too much for us as a family to qualify for food stamps but if my Extended benefits are cut in OH we will not have money for groceries and I don't qualify for assistance. Jeez! I am praying that I get the job I interviewed for this week or my ship will definitely be sunk! Or soon I will be selling everything I own.

irishmalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:Heres a good article that seems to actually be informative and inspiring.

"House Human Resources Subcommittee Ranking Member Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) called the bill "a surprise assault on the jobless."

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/05/houserep_levin_says_republican_bill_thre.html

Thank you for finding this. I started a separate topic on this article because, imo, the information on these two proposed bills needs to get out there fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Sick &amp; Tired wrote:I tweeted crewof42 too and it got some retweets. hopefully we will get an answer. Crying or Very sad

I left a message on their website. ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 562135

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 06, 2011 3:31 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Angelicrisis wrote:Heres a good article that seems to actually be informative and inspiring.

Thank you for finding this. I started a separate topic on this article because, imo, the information on these two proposed bills needs to get out there fast!

Thanks sharing and tweeting this now I want to get people fired up!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm

No problem....doing the same.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Just got into it on the comments section with this troll "mo money" he's always on boards bashing the 99ers. I can't believe I actual have the time to respond to this bad person. ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 2 681285

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 3:59 pm

So is this legislation to attach or add amendments to 589 or are these separate bills unattached and if passed would affect those on benefits now (drawing) and their benefits would end and the money or funds remaining would go to jobs bills and creation... And also 589 would pass and allow states to also take the benefit money and use it for jobs creation. If it is attached as an amendment the only positive thing that would come from it is at least it may get out of committee. At least it could be debated..and if dems. fought hard against the amendments could be removed. BUT how hard will the dems. resist or fight it. And worse of all, would the president veto it or sign off on it!!! That would tell a hugh story. After he has jumped on board with repubs. for his 2012 election chances... ???? Who knows!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 4:01 pm

It is 2 separate Bills. It also gives the states the option to choose what it does with it.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 4:04 pm

One other possibility is if tese bills would allow states the option to either pay unemployment benefits or divert the money and use it for jobs creations. Because I can see the possibility states with dem. governors possibly going ahead and pay unemployment benefits and states with repub. govs. to take away the money and void remaining benefits...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 4:22 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:One other possibility is if tese bills would allow states the option to either pay unemployment benefits or divert the money and use it for jobs creations. Because I can see the possibility states with dem. governors possibly going ahead and pay unemployment benefits and states with repub. govs. to take away the money and void remaining benefits...

That may not necessarily be the case. NC has a Democrat Governor and they have lost EB benefits.

It isn't up to only the governors, it is up to the state's legislatures also. It works just like Washington.

My governor is an Independent and pretty liberal and my state assembly is controlled by the Dems, but RI is so much in debt to the Feds and in need of jobs (11% unemployment rate, not including 99er's), I really believe they would use these funds to cut the debt and try to create incentives for hiring. State services have been cut drastically and this money would help the state pay off some of its debts.

RI received money due to high unemployment, just as Oregon did. Oregon chose to pay an additional 6 weeks to the 99ers, RI opted to use to for training programs, infrastructure and creating jobs at the Dept. of Labor & Training to keep up with the UE claims.

IMO, it doesn't matter what party your Governor belongs to, the decision will be based on the overall needs of the state.

Also, just as I was in this for 4213 last year, even though I wouldn't benefit from it, I will continue to push for these 2 new bills to be squashed. Even if I believed that RI would keep paying EUC benefits, I would still advocate. As far as I am concerned, we are all in this together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Unbelievable - this crap is just plain evil. How these people can sleep at night is way beyond me. The EUC/EB should go directly into the households of the long-term unemployed, then it goes right back into the communities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next