Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers.

+4
Agent Smith
jrgdsp07
Jobless_in_Ma
Angelicrisis
8 posters

Go down

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. Empty Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers.

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Okay, Im grateful for the good news and all but something just occured to mewith the lack of news today. For the 3rd time, these lackluster idiots have postponed and reschedualed doing thier job until the last possible minute, now they leave for 2 weeks after today......THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! People are hurting and all the theatrics and procrastination just prove that we are at the mercy of a bunch of spaceheads with little to no empathy for their own constituents. To say if there is no progress today thatI will be pissed would be the biggest understatement iv'e made my entire life. This is %*%^&%(^%^%^*% pethetic!!!!

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. 305108

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. Empty Re: Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 pm

I hear ya, its frustrating as hell. Letting people suffer for as long as they have is cruel and evil.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. Empty Re: Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Ugh..I hadnt even thought of this. Its extremely frustrating. This is an emergency!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I really try to understand the pathos, I know there are people out there are living in a bubble and don't get just how severe the problem is. ( 99 weeks is too long!!! They are lazy!!!! etc..) but to do this when gas and food is increasing, corportate profits are at an all time high and there are people with MASTERS degrees living on the street. I seriously hope karma comes around and turns the whole state of Washinton upside down cause this is pure, unadulturated genocide....and yeah, im slowly but surely getting the concept that them dumbing Americans down has worked, we are Sheeple, being herded to slaughter.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by jrgdsp07 Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:19 pm

I totally agree with you.
MAD

jrgdsp07

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:33 pm

If this is true that the on vacation for two weeks now then I will not be able to have internet nor an apartment, because I get evicted at the end of this month if I can"t pay my rent. So I hope these idiots go to hell soon so that I can meet them there.

I think we need some underground group to show the politicians how not to thread us.
Motherflowers.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Yeah, once again another vacation. We need to find a lawmaker to bring a bill up about limited vacations for congress. Is this a vacation or time to go back to their districs?

Plus, Who says we were pacified? I don't feel like 99'ers were pacified at all. I mean o.k. so they had a meeting...but that didn't get us anyplace so far did it? I feel PISSED OFF not Pacified.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Agent Smith wrote:If this is true that the on vacation for two weeks now then I will not be able to have internet nor an apartment, because I get evicted at the end of this month if I can"t pay my rent. So I hope these idiots go to hell soon so that I can meet them there.

I think we need some underground group to show the politicians how not to thread us.
Motherflowers.
I think many of us are in the same situation, and now realize that even if something does happen , it will be to late for us.

nuttin2lose

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:47 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:If this is true that the on vacation for two weeks now then I will not be able to have internet nor an apartment, because I get evicted at the end of this month if I can"t pay my rent. So I hope these idiots go to hell soon so that I can meet them there.

Motherflowers.
I think many of us are in the same situation, and now realize that even if something does happen , it will be to late for us.

Yes. Like Biggie already sang "Somebody's got to die"
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:

Motherflowers.

During these two week breaks, there may be some negotiating going on. Many Reps and Senators do not leave Washington. This could actually be to our advantage as Congress is not in session and gives our leaders an opportunity to meet on a more frequent basis.

I know everyone thinks it is a "vacation", but it is not. It is a "District Work Session". When they do travel to their home states, they make themselves available to their constituents in their home offices or having different functions in their districts. Does anyone remember what happened to Rep. Giffords in January? This was a on a day that she went out to meet the people in her district. Your Congressmen do that also. Make it a point to find out when and where you can meet with them to share your concerns.

Sorry about the vent, but I am not giving up. Positive things have happened this week that I never thought would come about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Nazis!!!!!

Agent Smith, I needed that...lmao. thx LMAO

Had to post it, out of respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6_Nwlgqks .......and thanks DesperateinRI for the perspective, I needed that too. I just hope and pray you are right.

Last edited by Angelicrisis on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 pm

I have no other choice than giving up or do you think when I tell my landlord: Sorry, but the Government is on "vacation", he will let me stay as long they made a final decision? Since I don't have any family left I see me either on the streets or in a shelter if they have still a place for me, but I doubt this. They are full and overcrowded these days.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Unfortunately it already IS too late for many. Even if this bill does pass it wont help the people that have committed suicide OR their families. It wont help those that are already homeless either. It wont take away the scars left behind. We will be recovering from this for the rest of our lives even after we find gainful employment.

It will help some of us, but we still have a HUGE problem even if it does pass. What about after the 14 weeks? what about job creation? We have to ( I know I am) continue to fight for these things.

On the bright side, and this is what makes me keep going, IF this passes, we are helping those who have no idea what they are in for once they reach 99 weeks. We will be helping millions of people by advocating for this. I would not wish this awful existence on my worst enemy.

Keep advocating and keep fighting for those who do not yet walk in our shoes.

Does anyone else see the same pattern? Congress on 2 week vacation after once again "pacifying" the 99ers. 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I can only hope that Congress Man David Dreier is home in my dist. because I have printed up (wasted the last $28 to my name to do so) every copy of jobs I have applied to over 550 along with copys of all the regection letters and printed off emails saying...thanks but no thanks. Along with my resume and copys of all job hunting sites and copys of all the job fair registrations I have gone to and I am going to give them to him.

I am going to ask if this looks like a lazy person sitting there collecting a check. I am going to also Photo copy my degrees, and I have framed the last regection letter I received from McDonlands where I applied for a entry level job and states that while I was qualified, they decided to go with somebody that was bi-lingual and had a more current work history.

I am willing to work a crappy azz job like they say we will not accept and they don't even want us.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Agent Smith, the eviction process ussually takes a while. I wouldnt leave till you were forced out of the place. It may buy you enough time.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:07 pm

superstevies wrote:..... from McDonlands where I applied for a entry level job and states that while I was qualified, they decided to go with somebody that was bi-lingual and had a more current work history.
+

They told me not to hire me because they aren't sure if I am going to stay there. As soon I find a better job offer I will quit. That were the words from the manager there.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Agent Smith, the eviction process ussually takes a while. I wouldnt leave till you were forced out of the place. It may buy you enough time.

How long do you think?
Do they come then with the police?
I need at least some $$$ to keep my internet.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 pm

I've spent a lot of time at the Hospital this past week and must have missed it. What, is there some hope for us 99'ers?

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Falcon7 wrote:I've spent a lot of time at the Hospital this past week and must have missed it. What, is there some hope for us 99'ers?

You can see it both ways. Yes and no. Depends from what site you look. Very Happy

Last edited by Agent Smith on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Falcon7 wrote:I've spent a lot of time at the Hospital this past week and must have missed it. What, is there some hope for us 99'ers?

Check here

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1756-american-99er-s-union-statement-on-meeting-they-are-listening-please-continue-to-contact
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:27 pm

At the hospital? I hope everything is okay with you. Sorry to be off topic here, but I hope it wasn't anything too serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I really don't think that pacifying the 99ers had anything to do with it. Boehner makes the schedule and he has them only working 2 weeks out of every month.

Historically they have these breaks that frustrate us so much so they can get back and stay in touch with the needs of their constituents. It isn't really supposed to be a vacation. I think most of them just play golf though.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:46 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

At the hospital? I hope everything is okay with you. Sorry to be off topic here, but I hope it wasn't anything too serious.

It's my 16 year old, he lacerated his spleen playing baseball, but it looks like he will be ok. Thanks for asking.

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote: I think most of them just play golf though.

Oh. OK. Golf isn't a vacationland. Never was. Smile
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down