Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job

3 posters

Go down

This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job Empty This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:00 pm

This Week in Congress

This week, it's just the House that's "back" in session. And when I say "back," I don't mean to lend any particular credence to Republican claims about the status of the Congress over the past month. I'm only referring to the fact that the House's workweek consists of a quorum call and a single vote on Tuesday evening, and a short day on Wednesday.

Seriously. Look:

THE WEEKLY WHIP: FRIDAY, JANUARY 13, 2012

First Vote Of The Week: Tuesday 6:30 p.m.
Last Vote Predicted: Wednesday 3:00 p.m.

MONDAY, JANUARY 16, 2012
On Monday, the House is not in session.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2012
On Tuesday, The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for pro forma business and recess immediately. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.

Quorum Call at 6:30 p.m. – Establishing a quorum in the House of Representatives for the Second Session of the 112th Congress.

H.Res. __ -Electing the 36th Sergeant-at-Arms of the House of Representatives, Paul Irving (Privileged Resolution)

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2012 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Thursday and Friday, no votes are expected in the House to accommodate the Republican Issues Conference.

H.J.Res. 98 - Relating to the disapproval of the President’s exercise of authority to increase the debt limit, as submitted under section 3101A of title 31, United States Code, on January 12, 2012 (Rep. Reed - Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
There's just nothing doing here. It's hardly even worth coming back. Or "back," as the case may be. But they've got to come back and prevent things from being done sometime, so it might as well be now.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/16/1055109/-This-Week-in-Congress:-after-a-month-off,-two-back-breaking-days-on-the-job?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29

Back to top Go down

This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job Empty Re: This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job

Post by elvis44102 Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 pm

wonder if they will be able to stay awake....if all the republicans would sleep on the job, maybe something could get done...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job Empty Re: This Week in Congress: after a month off, two back-breaking days on the job

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 am

"Unoccupied Congress"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Tax payers $$$ hard at work, as usual! Evil or Very Mad THATS where the cutbacks should take place

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Dang! When the heck are they going to renew the UI benefits? This should be a priority as if nothing is done before the end of February millions of people will be out of benefits, could lose their homes, etc. There will be anarchy on the streets if this happens! Obama had better push this congress into movement ASAP...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by irishiodine Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

Congress has passed and the President has signed legislation extending EUC and EB for two months. So I am pleading ignorance here...what exactly does that mean to me as an unemployed worker who has been collecting since March 2010? I have gone through 26 weeks of regular benefits, 3 tiers and finally EB. UC sent me forms that I am required to, and have continued to, file weekly but I haven't seen a deposit in three weeks. I have tried calling 5 different UC numbers...this was a lost cause...recording tells me "due to recent activity on your account no information is available" "call to speak to a representative". I have called and called and called some more...the only thing I get is a busy signal or "your call cannot be answered at this time". I have no idea what is going on. I am sure neither Congress nor the President is worrying about heating their home or paying their electric bill this month. Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. And I apologize for the rant.

irishiodine

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

Have you gone through your entire 99 weeks?

If so, this may be all that you have been entitled to unless congress were to extend the benefits for longer than the 99 weeks that Obama approved of in 2009. It is unlikely that they will increase the benefits to beyond the 99 weeks. I'm sorry about that...

There are some of us, however, who haven't even had as long as 99 weeks and if congress doesn't renew the extensions again for 99 weeks (or longer), we may not be given what you have had... We can only pray at this point...

If you lost your job, however, in March of 2010, I would think that you'd have until March of this year... If I were you, I'd send the EDD emails through their website unless you can get through on the phone...

Good luck with this and many blessings!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down