Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

+12
rainer123
delko
tristen303
lendmeflight2
superstevies
Jerry
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
Agent Smith
54andpoor
jrgdsp07
Angelicrisis
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 Empty Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

The White House did not respond to a request for comment. The administration has estimated that four million Americans will run out of unemployment benefits this year.

Those exhaustees' prospects for additional help are grim. Lee and Scott are meeting with House Republican leaders Thursday to discuss offsetting the cost of jobless benefits with cuts elsewhere in the budget, but the pair may not receive help from their own party. Democratic leaders have adamantly refused to "pay for" re-authorizations of extended unemployment benefits for the past year; none have suggested they would support spending cuts in other areas in order to add 14 weeks to jobless payments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/05/cost-of-bill-to-help-99er_n_844610.html

Although there is some "not so positive" news coming out of the CBC's meeting with President Obama last week, the fact that Obama, nor his administrative staff, have made no comment regarding this still lends hope for the 99ers. The President's administration team could have released a statement that this is out of the question, but have not.

This is another reason to keep up the Call to Action campaign for HR 589, with more emphasis on contacting the President. Yesterday, he announced his intention to seek a second term in office. When you contact him, remind him of how many people will be affected by this bill and that the unemployed and 99er's VOTE, and so do their families.

An all out effort by everyone is needed now. We cannot afford to lose this battle!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 Ribbon16

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Angelicrisis Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Good point Sick and tired ( btw I am Sick and tired too... Twisted Evil ).

I think one factor that we are not taking under consideration is the fact that this is all theatrics being played out for the public. Ultimately the end result is going to be what is was last week ...last month. There are far too many unemployed (fact). The Government knows this is going to be a long termm issue (fact..rather they want to admit it or not). Civil unrest rather they are prepared or not has to be taken as a consideration when the statistics are this bad ( fact).

They are going to have to do something, and they know it.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Brain Droppings Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Angelicrisis, I like your thinking ... Smile
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 pm

rainer123 wrote:I am beginning to think troycomic may be right. Things don't look good for the 99ers

For the first time in my life I hope i am wrong. I am not saying it is definately not going to happen, after the report of that last meeting it looks worse and worse.

Hey they don't even have a budget.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Right. How can they ask for that bill now when they don't even have the budget straightened out. Good thinking Troy. Boneheads in Washington do everything backasswards anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

smindles wrote:Right. How can they ask for that bill now when they don't even have the budget straightened out. Good thinking Troy. Boneheads in Washington do everything backasswards anyway.

Up is down, down is up nothing makes sense anymore. I hope me get something but charity starts at home, and if they can't figure out how to keep themselves working they can't help us.

Hey! I hope the don't pass a budget, then that will mean the gov. will have a few furlow days, and they should use that unspent money to help us.

But as I type this I remember a commercial I saw last night about starving kids in this country. As bad as you have it someone has it worse.

And thank you for the "Good Thinking" comment.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Instead of giving me money, they could give me a job and I would stop asking for help right away.

Oh, sorry, I forgot, there are no jobs out there.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by mint Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm

With all the budget cutting going on in Washington, this bill doesn't have any chance of being passed. That's not negativity, it's jus stating the obvious.

But why hasn't Obama or Congress created any kind of a jobs progam???

mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:14 pm

mint wrote:With all the budget cutting going on in Washington, this bill doesn't have any chance of being passed. That's not negativity, it's jus stating the obvious.

Im not sure I would say it has NO chance of being passed. The numers do not lie. At some point 99ers will need to be addressed. The numbers are growing week to week. They can only hide that for so long. The media has already caught on to whats going on with the latest UI rates and job figures.

Also congress did have Bills that were filibustered in which would deter some of the practices that led us to this.

here we are 3 months into a GOP led House, and ZERO bills introduced. Where are the jobs from the tax cuts for the "Wealthy"? Thus far none.

Follow the jobs bill clock we have to see exactly in real-time how many job creation bills have been introduced by the GOP.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
mint wrote:With all the budget cutting going on in Washington, this bill doesn't have any chance of being passed. That's not negativity, it's jus stating the obvious.

Im not sure I would say it has NO chance of being passed. The numers do not lie. At some point 99ers will need to be addressed. The numbers are growing week to week. They can only hide that for so long. The media has already caught on to whats going on with the latest UI rates and job figures.

Also congress did have Bills that were filibustered in which would deter some of the practices that led us to this.

here we are 3 months into a GOP led House, and ZERO bills introduced. Where are the jobs from the tax cuts for the "Wealthy"? Thus far none.

Follow the jobs bill clock we have to see exactly in real-time how many job creation bills have been introduced by the GOP.

Can you say"ZERO" boys and girls? Of course you can, Because your special.!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Sign the petition for a new WPA. That is what got this country out of the first Great Depression. It may help get us out of the Great Depression II.

One question I have is, why hasn't Congress done anything to create jobs? The President went along with the tax compromise in December that the GOP promised would stimulate the economy to create jobs. That didn't happen. Instead, businesses are sitting on their profits and expecting employees they had to keep to do the job of 3 or 4 people.

President Obama can't create jobs. He can only sign into law legislation that has been passed by both chambers of Congress. As you know, nothing is getting done there. Now, if the government doesn't shut down, Congress will be on another 2 week break after next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks Brain Droppings.

Im having a hard time following events as I only got about 3 hrs of sleep last night, but its like watching a car wreck. I only wish so much was'nt at stake for so many. Why do we as people have to make things more difficult then they have to be.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:44 am

Angelicrisis wrote:Why do we as people have to make things more difficult then they have to be.

Because certain kinds of SELFISH people LIKE to make trouble for others because they can. Lots of that in DC right now.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

Mister you have all the answers tonight. These people are intentionally playing with peoples lives and it's being done under so many guises, I can almost smell the scent of thier lies catching up with them all. It's a smell from other nations going through similar things. That or its that damn nuclear reactor.

I'm too tired to really differentiate. Sleep

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:59 am

DesperateInRI wrote:

Sign the petition for a new WPA. That is what got this country out of the first Great Depression. It may help get us out of the Great Depression II.

One question I have is, why hasn't Congress done anything to create jobs? The President went along with the tax compromise in December that the GOP promised would stimulate the economy to create jobs. That didn't happen. Instead, businesses are sitting on their profits and expecting employees they had to keep to do the job of 3 or 4 people.

President Obama can't create jobs. He can only sign into law legislation that has been passed by both chambers of Congress. As you know, nothing is getting done there. Now, if the government doesn't shut down, Congress will be on another 2 week break after next week.

If an added weeks bill can't be passed because of budget cuts, how do you think they could pass a much, much, MUCH, more expensive work project? Where do you think this money would come from?

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 am

[quote="lendmeflight2"]
DesperateInRI wrote:
mint wrote:

If an added weeks bill can't be passed because of budget cuts, how do you think they could pass a much, much, MUCH, more expensive work project? Where do you think this money would come from?

From EVERY Republican paycheck they CAN FIND!!!! I think that would shut them ALL up.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by 54andpoor Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Obama unwisely used up all his ammo trying to pass Obamacare. It makes me sad to think how things might be different he had spent that energy on jobs in his first year. Especially if he is a 2 term president-he would have had plenty of time for healthcare and not given the repubs an issue to beat him up on constantly.

54andpoor

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Obama unwisely used up all his ammo trying to pass Obamacare. It makes me sad to think how things might be different he had spent that energy on jobs in his first year. Especially if he is a 2 term president-he would have had plenty of time for healthcare and not given the repubs an issue to beat him up on constantly.

I couldn't agree with you more - you have to wonder who was really advising him or if he's just another Republicon like Clinton - how about the "stimulus" package that almost exactly matched the one Bush signed the year before that had no impact, because it was almost exclusively more tax cuts for the wealthy. It took me a while to research this, but I was going over many of his campaign speeches as I thought that maybe in my quest to see Bush disappear I wasn't being critical enough. He absolutely understood the problems, and I found out why. The cynical bastard that helped write his campaign speeches was Clinton's point man on financial services reform and later became Treasury Secretary Geithner's chief counsel in Obama's cabinet - Gene Sperling. (I had just commented to a friend of mine that Obama must have either been shown the Zabruder film when he reached the white house or he is just a gangster himself, because he absolutely knew what the country was suffering from and why, choosing to purposely misrepresent himself for votes.) We are in so much trouble as a nation right now it is frightening. The working class does not have any representation, and the wimps in Congress seem to be more interested in lining their own pockets - with the exception of a handful. There doesn't seem to be any activity from the left, yet the right are in a frenzy - foaming at the mouth - they're so excited about their prospects for 2012 and the end of democracy in Amerika. Since I first heard about him - Hitler - I've been curious how such an ignorant thug could come to have so much power - this is a very important issue and one that I'm sure Karl Rove knows plenty about. Here's a hint: Fox Noise and the rest of the corporate owned media could be equivalent to Joseph Goebble's propaganda ministry. Amerika has purposely been dumbed down and in case you didn't notice, there is a war on "intellectuals" from the right. Sadly, many of the criminals that devised the financial plan were graduates of our most prestigious institutions - they chose to use their understanding of the law and finance to undermine both to engineer the greatest stick-up in the history of the world.

http://americandeception.com/index.php?page=aboutus
"A very large part of this website deals with the subject of education. Most of us would wonder how anyone, short of a Hitler or Stalin, would possibly want to harm innocent children. Government and corporation-funded projects dedicated to the manipulation of our children's minds, souls, is included on this website. One will realize that we are looking at psychological manipulation of the future citizens of our world so that they will accept totalitarian dictatorship run by an international elitist government/corporate partnership. Children are being programmed to accept whatever is thrown at them, without question or concern. Should one not clearly see a diabolical agenda today we only ask that you investigate further and stop depending on the nightly news which is devoted to mind manipulation and conditioning to a particular viewpoint. Those controlling the media are the same individuals who have been running the world for hundreds to thousands of years. That's why nothing historical is ever attached to the daily happenings. We're not being informed we're being misinformed and conditioned on a daily basis."

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:44 pm

One will realize that we are looking at psychological manipulation of the future citizens of our world so that they will accept totalitarian dictatorship run by an international elitist government/corporate partnership. Children are being programmed to accept whatever is thrown at them, without question or concern. Should one not clearly see a diabolical agenda today we only ask that you investigate further and stop depending on the nightly news which is devoted to mind manipulation and conditioning to a particular viewpoint. Those controlling the media are the same individuals who have been running the world for hundreds to thousands of years. That's why nothing historical is ever attached to the daily happenings. We're not being informed we're being misinformed and conditioned on a daily basis.".

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Great post, and extremely acurate. being awake is bittersweet.

I am in awe at the fact some people can live their whole life under what we call the "United" States of America, and never really know that entire foundation is not really know truth.

I consider myself more spiritual than religious, but all I can do Is pray, because if you add up the "natural" disaters with the political conspiracies, then multiply it by the multitude of cutural manipulations performed by this great nation all you get is evil, stupidity and greed.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2