Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim?

5 posters

Go down

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? Empty Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim?

Post by Dime2004 Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello to all,

I'm scratching my head on this one. I'm not sure if I am confused and dont understand the terminology or if there is a mistake somewhere. I have been able to find bits and pieces of the info I am looking for. But it all ends up just as a maze of circular logic.

Here is what the problem is: My normal Unemployment Benefits (Benefit Determination-Initial) ran out in September. I applied for and received an extention(Benefit Determination-EUC08-I, effective date 9/9/2012). This ran out at the end of November and the amount on the claim ran down to zero of course. The next week, on Sunday, just for kicks, I went into Webcert to look at the info and found that there was a new balance there(Benefit Determination EUC08-II - Effective 11-25-12). I didn't file for another claim, it just happened. On the Benefit Determination document it reads in box#22 that the potential duration is 12 weeks.

Am I really going to get 12 weeks from this, or is it going to be shut off at the end of December as I know there are some extentions that will be shut off at the end of December?

I really appreciate any info that anyone can pass my way or if anyione could please maybe simplify this process as so even I can understand.

Thank you so very, very much to any and all who can help!

Dime

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? Empty Re: Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim?

Post by DesperateInRI Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:44 pm

It sounds like you are on Tier 2 of EUC08. The last week these benefits will end w/e 12/29/12, regardless of the balance left in your account. Unfortunately, the program is ending.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? Empty What Can I Do?

Post by Dime2004 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 am

If my EUC II are expiring, is there anything else I can do?

Thank you so much for your help with my question

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? Empty Re: Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim?

Post by DesperateInRI Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:09 am

You may be eligible for SNAP benefits, and depending on your state and family circumstances, other benefits provided by Human Services.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi, As usual,I'm a nervous wreck. Based on the info from the start of this post I created, as well as a message on the MA Unemployment website which states:

"On January 2, 2013, Congress passed the Tax Relief Extension Act. We expect President Obama to sign this Act into law today. This law will extend Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits until the end of 2013. If you are currently receiving EUC benefits, please continue claiming benefits weekly to ensure timely payment."

I was under the impression that since I was receiving EUC benefits and that there is a balance in my account, that the extension affects me? Today when I went into Webcert to file my claim, again because of the message that if I was receiving EUC to keep filing, everything looked ok, The usual message telling me I have to file for the previous week and then of course the questions(did I look for work, ect..).. Once I submitted the info, Webcert came back and rather than the normal message regarding that I had sucessfully filed a claim for this last week, this message came at me:

"The following message was provided to you on January 6, 2013. This information may no longer be applicable.
Call the Telephone claims center for Customer Assistance if you have any questions regarding your continued eligibility. The Extended Benefits Program has expired in Massachusetts"

I'm sorry for the length of this posting or if its confusing. My hands are shaking and my mind is going 100mph. Its Sunday, so of course I can't call, but maybe someone else has experienced this too. Does this sound like a case of the info on the site not being updated or did I assume that I was eligible for something that I'm not?

I am greatful to anyone who might have already experienced this and of course I appreciate all the help and support from the people here.

Thank you again

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm

you should recieve whats left in your account, however because congress dragged there feet each state has to reprogram its software and that may cause a delay
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Beyond Confused - Benefits End- New Claim? Empty Massachusetts filing message The Extended Benefits Program has expired in Massachusetts. You may contact the Telephone Claims Center

Post by unem0413 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Same thing I noticed today (Sunday, Jan 6th).
I went into webcert
I answered the 3-4 questions (have not found work yet, etc)
Instead of the page stating "your check of $XXX will be deposited in your account" etc I get the message that.

Division of Career Services and Division of Unemployment Assistance - Completed

Your WebCert Filing Has Been Processed.

Call the Telephone claims center for Customer Assistance if you have any questions regarding your continued eligibility. The Extended Benefits Program has expired in Massachusetts. You may contact the Telephone Claims Center at 617-626-6800. If you are calling from the 351, 413, 508, 774 or 978 area codes, you may call toll free at 877-626-6800. The TeleClaim Center hours of operation are Monday- Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.

Does anyone know if I will/will not receive unemployment ( I have some money left). I live in Massachusetts and am on EUC. Thank you in advance. I did read the info on the site, but there doesn't seem to be clarification.

Thank you in advance

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you folr the response as well as letting me know I'm not the only one. If I dont see a change tomorrow, I'll be on the phone for half the day. No big deal there. Thank you for your responses!

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 pm

so the next question is, must we wait to call on this until the day you are allowed to call based on your SSN? Do we actually pay taxes to the government? If the information is available, then why don't they post an alert or let people know. I can't believe more people are not posting about this (I've been searching on the internet for about an hour). In Massachusetts you only are allowed to call on a certain day, depending on the last number in your SSN.

I miss working, this is no way to live.

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by HireMe2 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm from MA and I got the same message. I am on my 3rd week of tier 2 and received a letter last week saying I am suppose to get 14 weeks which started 12/9/12. If I read the chart posted on the UI website correctly I should be able to get all the remaining money in my account now that congress voted to extend benefits, but you never know. Hopefully it's just that they haven't updated their system yet.

HireMe2

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Ya - I am also on tier 2. Are you planning to call DUA this week?

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by HireMe2 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

If I don't see a change when I log in tomorrow I am going to call. I'm not sure if we have to wait until our day based on SSN, if that's the case I have to wait until Thursday.

HireMe2

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you HireMe2 for posting. I think it is strange that there are not more questions from people on this, as webcert is open on Sundays and I know that there must be others.

Can you please post if you find out any updates? Thanks a bunch.

Good luck with your job search also, it's difficult.

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by HireMe2 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 am

I called UI and was told that they have not updated the system with the new extension, it could take a week or two before it's complete and checks are sent out.

To bypass waiting for my SSN day I called the problem resolution number instead of the teleclaims number.

HireMe2

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 pm

I had a few weeks left on tier 1 (at least I think it is tier one, on the form 1075-B in block 2 it reads "EUC08-I)

Is EUC08-I considered tier 1?
Do you think if I had a few weeks left of tier 1 and remain unemployed that I will still be able to receive benefits?

Thanks

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm

unem0413 wrote:I had a few weeks left on tier 1 (at least I think it is tier one, on the form 1075-B in block 2 it reads "EUC08-I)

Is EUC08-I considered tier 1?
Do you think if I had a few weeks left of tier 1 and remain unemployed that I will still be able to receive benefits?

Thanks
Yes, congress reauthorized EUC on January 2.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HireMe2 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Dime2004, When I called today I was told that they have not updated the system with the new approved extension. They said it can take a week or two before checks are sent out. You have to continue to file your weekly claim.

Also, I got a recorded call from UI stating that congress passed an extension and continue to file for benefits but no further information. I thought it was weird because they have never done that before.

If you want to speak to someone you can call the problem resolution number. not the teleclaim number. You can find a list of all the telephone numbers on the website. Problem resolution is the only number I call no matter what the issue is.

Just a thought...has your benefit year ended? If so, you have to call them to continue getting paid. I was told today that my benefit year ends February 2nd and I will have to call them again to continue. Your dates are very close to mine...I started EUC08-II a few weeks after you.

HireMe2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 am

Hi, thank you so much to everyone who has posted here- I guess I'm not alone here. I also got a recorded messaage that said that I was a part of a Frederal Unemployment Insurance benefor which had been extened and to keep filing for benefits as so I don't loose any benefits. My document has EUC08-II and my BYE is 3/23/2013. Any other thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much!

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 am

I got the same message (robocall) yesterday. I am on EUC 1 though. No check yet - hopeful. Looking for work etc.. :-)

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm

More bizzare stuff... Today, when I look at the "Claimant Account Inquiry", I noticed a few things.

1. The message at the bottom which said something like " the message was provided to me on Jan 6th, the EUC program has expired in MA..."

2. My account balance is down by exactly $42. But there is no info about check or when may have been sent out. But does tell me that my last payment was processed on 1/6/2013.

Again more weird stuff. No updates to the site,Webcert, itself.

This is scary stuff. I really appreciate the responses and help everyone here has provided.

Of course anymore help or info would be really great. Thank you to all-
Thank you

Dime

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Dime

Same with me.
I am on EUC tier 1 - I have (had?) a few weeks left.
The balance has lowered by exactly one weeks check, but I have not yet received the check.
I'm thinking that the website is updated with the balance (amount) that for the week ending Jan 5, but the actual disbursement(s) have not either (1) been done or (2) are late.
I have not yet received the amount that I usually receive on Tuesdays.

Maybe tomorrow -

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

But the thing that throws me off is that while my account balance is down. its only down by $42? Thats just really odd. But, on the other hand, I received the "robocall" telling me to keep filing and the message questioning my eligability which appeared when I filed this week, I have to believe that (hopefully) i'm in the right place here.

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by unem0413 Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Dime,

Are you between tiers?

unem0413

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi!

I was several weeks onto EUC-II

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down