Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Very confused in Massachusetts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Very confused in Massachusetts

2 posters

Go down

Very confused in Massachusetts Empty Very confused in Massachusetts

Post by caleb23 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:52 pm

I am currently on tier III right now, due to end at the end of January. I talked to unemployment today about what's going on in congress and they told me that the next extension that I would be up for has nothing to do with congress because its a state/ federal extension. I don't know if this is what you call EB? The woman at unemployment said I was not eligible and to call at the end of January when I exhausted my claim. I read on the mass website that tiers I, II, III, and IV have to be triggerd. I'm not sure if IV is triggerd, I'm not sure what any of this means for me. I have been signing all petitions and calling my reps. I figure if it helps others then ill do it. Is there anyone who can help.explain any of this to me?

caleb23

Back to top Go down

Very confused in Massachusetts Empty Re: Very confused in Massachusetts

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

caleb23 wrote:I am currently on tier III right now, due to end at the end of January. I talked to unemployment today about what's going on in congress and they told me that the next extension that I would be up for has nothing to do with congress because its a state/ federal extension. I don't know if this is what you call EB? The woman at unemployment said I was not eligible and to call at the end of January when I exhausted my claim. I read on the mass website that tiers I, II, III, and IV have to be triggerd. I'm not sure if IV is triggerd, I'm not sure what any of this means for me. I have been signing all petitions and calling my reps. I figure if it helps others then ill do it. Is there anyone who can help.explain any of this to me?
MA triggered off of Tier 4 last year when the average 3 month UE rate fell below 8.5%. Residents were still eligible for state EB through the end of the year. In July of this year, the UE rate fell even lower to a three month average of under 8% and seven weeks were cut from the state EB program. If EUC08 is not extended before Congress adjourns for the year next week, state EB will shut off immediately.

MA is one of the states that discontinues EB when federal extensions expire. Hope this helps!

The Massachusetts unemployment rate fell to 7.6 percent in May, bringing the three-month average to 7.8 percent, down nearly a percentage point from a year ago.
http://articles.boston.com/2011-06-21/business/29684241_1_unemployment-rate-jobless-benefits-jobless-rate

Back to top Go down

Post by ib Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi. I have a question if anyone knows the answer. I exhausted my benefits, I was supposed to get them until June 2012, Illinois ran out of money, so as of July 2011 I no longer received benefits. Will those of us who have exhausted our benefits be eligible if they pass the extension? Thanks for any info.

ib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi, IB, and welcome! When did you lose your job? The June, 2012 was/is supposed to be the last day anyone can claim benefits on the present Federal extension, regardless of what tier they are on. The latest proposal, the two month extension, does not include the exhaustees.

For more information on the bill that the Congressional Progressive Caucus proposed last week, please see this thread. Although it is doubtful that it will be brought up in this session of Congress, at least we know we have not been forgotten and continue to advocate even harder for the "99ers"!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t4233-congress-shameful-treatment-of-the-nations-long-term-unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by ib Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi. Thanks for replying to my post. Lost my job in Sept. 2009, exhausted all my tiers but I kept getting notices that I was eligible until June 2012. Now I heard on the radio here the other day that this extension they are talking about passing through February will include anyone who has been out of work 6 months or longer. Back when my friend and I lost our benefits, my friend called our unemployment office and questioned the June 2012 date, and she was told by them that they were waiting for the extension to be passed (it never was) and that when it was, we would be receiving letters stating that we were going to get benefits again. I'm getting pretty confused over the whole thing.

ib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down