Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Tier II Benefits? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Tier II Benefits? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Tier II Benefits? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Tier II Benefits? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tier II Benefits? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Tier II Benefits? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Tier II Benefits? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Tier II Benefits? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tier II Benefits? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Tier II Benefits? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Tier II Benefits? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Tier II Benefits? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Tier II Benefits? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Tier II Benefits? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Tier II Benefits? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Tier II Benefits?

2 posters

Go down

Tier II Benefits? Empty Tier II Benefits?

Post by Dime2004 Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Hello to all,

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but I cant seem to find the right answer or at least one that makes sense to me. I have been on what I assume are tier I benefits, which according to my information on webcert has approx 4 weeks left. I hear and read everywhere about how teir III benefits have been eliminated. But what about tier II? When, in the next several weeks when my current benefits run out, is there any extention available for me and if so how do I go about getting it? When I get to the end of these first benefits if I can get an extention, how do I get it?

Thank you to any and all who can help steer me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Tier II Benefits? Empty Re: Tier II Benefits?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Are you from MA? As of now, I believe the state ye rate is still over 6%, therefore you should be eligible for tier 2. You are currently on tier 1 so you won't be affected by the change on Sept. 1 reducing the weeks to 14. After tier 2, if the rates stay the same, under 7% in MA, you will not be eligible for any further extensions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi! Thank you for the response!

Yes, I am from MA, I appreciate the help and info. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I feel scared, confused, and disapointed in myself. I did everything "right" (education, ect..), and then I fall on my face. I was on Unemployment last year for the first time. I think I was on for about 8 weeks. I took a new job in June of 2011, the company was sold and the cut me out in April. It took 5 weeks to get the checks comming i and almost 10 weeks to get health insurance (COBRA, yea right). It just takes so long for these things to happen, it makes me think twice about taking any job offered out of desperation.

Thank you again for your help

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:36 am

Hi To All!

I just wanted to clarify and ask this oncemore and I am sorry if this is repeat, but I'm nervous. This week, yesterday, I received a check which leaves my account balance at $60. This is my first (initial) claim. What do I have to do to ensure that I am able to continue to receive benefits. I'm confused about the tiers as when I have seached the past postings here some of the postings here sound as if the the tier 1 extension is the first extension after the initial claim, which is my current claim that has $60 balance. Because of the dollar amount, does this mean I cannot receive any further extensions? If so, how doI go about getting the extension? Some of the past postings say that I have to call, some say it is automatic. Can someone please clarify for me Again, I am sorry if this is a duplicate posting, but I am scared and nervous. Thank you to any and all who can reply.

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKay Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

Dime 2004. Many states automatically send you to the next tier. However, with the recent legislation, it's too important for you to assume. You need to call your UC service center and unfortunately sit on nuclear hold until you can speak to a human being. Some states do a telephone interview and review your information, some states require you to fill out additional information and mail it back, some states required you to go to the service centers in person.
I can't stress enough, you need to call and get the information you need so you are not waiting several weeks to have your Tier II enacted. You should also question the balance listed on your acct. It would be unusual to have a claim with a balance that's less than a full week. When mine expired my balance was $0.

I know it's nerve wracking, but it's worth the time it takes to call. Every state is different, don't assume, it's your money you should make the call.

Please let us know how you make out.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dime2004 Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Thank you MaryKay!
I'm in the process of calling now. I was just hoping that there may be someone here who has gone through the process recently and thus give me some idea. I am in MA, and again, I super appreciate anyone and everyone who replies.

Thank you so very, very much!

Dime2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down