Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How to Tell When Interview Went Bad?

+2
lendmeflight2
A Fraying Thread
6 posters

Go down

How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? Empty How to Tell When Interview Went Bad?

Post by A Fraying Thread Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I can tell when things go one way or the other for the most part. As in went good or bad. But I've been on a few interviews and DAMN. It goes soooo good, but nothing back at all. I'm thinking words like "I'll pass it on to the boss" (especially when they are the boss) or "will get back to you" without any definite date is a bad sign.

Any other experiences with this?

A Fraying Thread

Back to top Go down

How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? Empty Re: How to Tell When Interview Went Bad?

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I have always been able to tell. I made it to the final interview for apple retail a few months ago and I could tell the guy interviewing me just wasn't that interested. At the end he said "Ok, that's about all I have, thanks for coming in".

I knew I didn't make it at that point.

I interviewed with old navy and it was strange. She even talked money with me and then I didn't get a call. That one through me a little.

Best Buy offered me a job before I left the building so I didn't have to worry about that one.

Usually if you think it went bad, it did. People usually don't hide their interest that well.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? Empty Re: How to Tell When Interview Went Bad?

Post by nfpexec Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm

I've left a few interviews over the last couple of years where i felt i had a fighting chance only to never hear from them again. It plays with your mind and i keep replaying it and wondering what it was that turned them off and what's wrong with me. It goes from depression to anger and back again.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Wow... this site is incredible. The issue of the interview going well has been one on my mind.

I had a "phone" interview today. The process is so frustrating. I should be happy to have an interview...but this is for such a low paying / job at a place I have been strung along before. I found the going over my last workplaces frustrating, because they have all the information. Then they act like oh you are still working at "..." and I said no that job had ended "date" because the buisiness closed. I find it frustrating in that the last jobs I have had were not full-time or career jobs. My last full-time job was back in March 2009, it hurt to rehash it all when applying for jobs and isn't bad enough to have it on the resume, on the job appliation and then have to tell about "last" employment which really does not tell about my background. What about my full-time jobs of 15 years and over 6 years?
I am wiling to take near any job, but what do I have to go through so much of the painful job loss etc. I cannot help it that one employer eliminated a brand which led to many being et go, or the temporary census job, or the job at a business that simply had to shutdown.
It is hard enough to look for work, but to deal with not even being able to land any work, I just don't know.
Anyway... sorry for the rants.
As for the interviews... I think the cues no longer tell results. Everything is so mixed up.

Tke Care
J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:16 pm

I was reading all the above posts and thinking that you were all on the same interviews that I was on. In three years, honestly, I have had only two "good" interviews. One was for a medical practice manager that a friend who works for the Drs. called me in. I have no medical management experience, but would love to go to school for that, I think it's a necessary evil these days, particularly for the sick, disabled and elderly. Those Drs were fabulous, have called me occassionally to help out and paid well. But the experience (ins, coding etc isn't my background, so they hired the woman who was up for the position with me). Many of the others quite honestly acted bored or were resume collecting, which is a common practice, they post a job, get resumes and either phone interview or schedule a 1st. Since I did this for a living, if someone is really interested in hiring, they will schedule you to meet as many of the "bosses" in one day, if they think you are their candidate, at the latest, the following week. It is really rare that if you get strung along for weeks, unless they specifically tell you that they are hiring on x date, that they have interest. I just wish they would be honest and if not tell you personally, have the courtesy to send an email or follow up letter. It sounds old school, but manners really do matter. It is expected that a potential employee send a thank you note or a follow up, why not the same courtesy to a potential employee? As far as not landing any work, you are not alone J, not at all. Your not alone in you disgust and frustratin either, we are all there with you. Although it's an awful situation, you all have made it so much easier for me and for many here on the forum. Don't ever doubt yourselves or the fact that you matter to so many. How to Tell When Interview Went Bad? 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fraying Thread Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 pm

I guess its good then that I come here. Walking from place to place my mind wanders a lot. It helps with my stand up act but sometimes it goes too dark and its good to know I'm not alone.

Still I dress nice every time, smile a lot, and try to be outgoing.

A Fraying Thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

You hang in there Fraying. You have friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 am

Thank you all...!!! This forum is such a blessing. It feels good to have people listen and understand at some level and not just offer "tips."

I am so grateful that I found this forum and have taken the risk and shared a bit.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

In the past few months I've gotten as far as taking a road test and drug screen from two different companies to drive a truck again. One temp agency claims I'm hired but dispatch never calls.Just last month I drove 300 miles round trip for an interview I was assured would be successful, nothing happened again. I have a wife and daughter to support and I'm down to my last two benefit weeks, it will run out right before xmas.

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:00 pm

I had the same experience with temp agencies. They assure me that with my experience they have worked lined up but then they never called me.

I almost forgot about my favorite interview. A friend got me an interview for Costco. She had a high ranking friend there. So it was a friend of a friend sort of thing. I was applying for a very basic part time job, not management or anything important. They did call and gave me an interview which seemed to go pretty well. These guys interviewing me had no personality so it was hard to tell.

Two days goes by and my friend calls me and says that her insider friend told her that they were waiting on my background check to come back so they could bring me in for a final interview. When I got home that afternoon, I had a rejection letter from Costco in my mailbox.

So all that waiting on my background check mess was a lie. I got the letter two days later, they must have mailed it the same day that I interviewed.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 pm

I just had an interview this morning with a Head Start program and am doing a lot of praying... They were giving back to back interviews and the woman who was scheduled to have her's directly before mine was a half hour late due to a car accident on the freeway. That is not her fault, but I always tell myself to give more than enough time to get to an interview even if this means getting there early... They asked me if I minded that she take her interview before me as it was by then my turn and I obliged. They thanked me for my patience.

I found it easy to answer their questions and they liked my background, but who knows? I was told that they will be doing second interviews next week so I am hoping to get a phone call. I think what could hold me back is that I don't speak Spanish unfortunately... Being bilingual is a great skill to have!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 pm

I will keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer for you Marian. Please let us know when you hear anything. And, thanks for the help since you've joined, much needed and appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks so much!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 am

Well I have an actual interview on Tuesday. I guess I did not mess up the phone interview too bad. Smile

Sure seems like a lot to go through for such a low-end job. But, I am so ready to get to work and not feel afraid of being left unemployed forever. And have to admit already worried how I will be able to afford to work for such low wages and drive etc. But, one thing at a time. Get the job... work hard and hopefully I can get a living wage position down the road...

I am so grateful for this site...

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 am

J, it sounds like you're doing everything just right! Go get em' !!! Breathe in strength, eXude and emanate confidence - all down the road.

(Very best of luck - you'll do it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 am

Good luck, Wausauguy!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down