Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama is shovel-ready

+5
stansmad
mistermunster
tristen303
exhaustedandtired/1208
USA Citizen
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 Empty Obama is shovel-ready

Post by USA Citizen Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

President Obama has abandoned the American people.
The American people are abandoning President Obama.

"Obama Faces Tough Fight for 2012"
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Obama-Newsmax-poll-vote/2011/06/03/id/398796?utm_source=outbrain&utm_title=Obama-Faces-Tough-Fight-for-2012

"Why Obama Is Likely to Lose in 2012 "
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304657804576401653113017130.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

The gridlock in Congress has brought our government to a halt.
The Republicans are willing to let the U.S. default instead of raising the debt ceiling.
The Democrats say they are powerless to help the unemployed because the Republicans block every attempt at job creation or the extension of unemployment benefits. Obama is unwilling to help the unemployed although he could do many things such as issuing an executive order to make E-verify mandatory for all states. President Clinton's suggestions in Time would create millions of jobs.

It seems like President Obama knows that he is going to be a one-term President and is digging his own hole by granting amnesty to illegal aliens, his illegal war in Libya, and his attempt at health care reform that has left millions of Americans mad at him. The list is long.

In June 2010 President Obama said that "Our economy . . . is now growing at a good clip," but last week admitted, "Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected." The only thing shovel-ready about the Obama administration is Obama. If Obama doesn't do something for the unemployed soon, then you can stick a fork in him because he's done. After the Republicans get finished tearing him apart, they will kick his carcass into a hole and kick some dirt over what's left. Obama is shovel-ready.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama is shovel-ready

Post by tristen303 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:38 pm

That will be a very short fight

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:give me one statement to which the unions said help the unemployed???
Ask the citizens of Wisconsin who now have a real possiblity of having their EB restored due to the intervention of the AFL-CIO.

"I believe we're doing the right thing for people," said council member Phil Neuenfeldt, president of the Wisconsin AFL-CIO.

The council, made up of labor and business leaders, has advised the Legislature for decades on unemployment benefit policies. Lawmakers, of course, can always act without consent from any entity, but they've typically let the council lead the way since its members have first-hand knowledge of employment issues.

All but about a dozen other states have tweaked their qualifying statues to extend the federal benefits. Labor leaders on the council first broached revising Wisconsin's statutes in February, two months before they ran out. But Republican lawmakers and business leaders on the council hesitated. They argued any extension would encourage the unemployed to put off finding jobs and the council did nothing.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2795-wis-panel-moves-to-allow-unemployment-extension

Yeah, with those "Republicans" It's "WE" don't really want a job but rather be on UI. They NEVER SAY, Where are the DECENT, Good pay jobs that people NEED to survive. But Naw, they NEVER bring that up do they? That would BLOW a hole the size of Texas in their flawed ideology and they would HAVE to admit their CONTRIBUTIONS that destroyed good jobs here in the first place
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:44 pm

tristen303 wrote:That will be a very short fight

yeah 14 million vs 600. but if I use the U6 numbers thats 30 million vs 4 million. Still a short list
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 pm

It was less that started and fought in the revolution and once it came to that I think things wold change

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 pm

tristen303 wrote:It was less that started and fought in the revolution and once it came to that I think things wold change

Round up a bunch of wussyass RICH elites for a proper public flogging. Price of Cake. We just have to get the courage to do just that and have the numbers BACKING us up.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 137906 Is there away to CRTL ALT DEL this economy? All I see us doing is crashing the Hard Drive. At least if we could crash all the hard drives then everyone would be worth 0. Better to hold on to your gold.

I have my pitchfork ready, been ready since 2007!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 pm

I don't have gold not even in my teeth I do have firearms though

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I dont think Hilary will run again. And Obama is a wash out definately I would still choose him over a Bush or repub being the lesser of two evils and its a horrible situation this country is in. Obama has said nothing or spole of nothing about job creation I want that more than a tier5. I want this country to go back to the way it was before the recession. Andt he dems are so weak now but how did they treat the repubs when they were in control. It seems the all the houses need new blood.

If Hillary won't run again, then maybe another woman will get the public's support instead. Who could that be? Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann announced her candidacy for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination on Monday. Maybe she has plans for the unemployed. Are you shovel-ready?

Bachmann makes official 2012 presidential announcement
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/27/bachmann-officially-announces-2012-run/?iref=obnetwork
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:give me one statement to which the unions said help the unemployed???

Well, I guess this was just a fig newton of my imagination:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1857-western-pa-eb-organizing-alert

The sandwiches were pretty good as I recall, though.

And I guess that this here isn't a very strong endorsement of UC:

http://paaflcio.unionactive.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Unemployment20Insurance

And all the union people I stood with working at the food bank a few weeks ago don't count for anything either.

Yeah, I guess you're right, unions don't try to help anyone who's out of work.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 pm

tristen303 wrote:He's right those groups and parties are the biggest problem this nation has and they are the reason we have no growth. They only worry about their "members" while mockingly using everyone else as a sound bite for their so called solidarity with us

Didya ever notice that when unions were the strongest, most families could afford to have just one breadwinner? And didya ever notice that when that started going out the window was when Republicans started declaring war on the unions some 30 years ago? Unions have a proven track record of raising wages for all workers by establishing standards. Things don't suck because of unions, they suck because unions have almost been destroyed.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:41 pm

JoanB wrote:
tristen303 wrote:He's right those groups and parties are the biggest problem this nation has and they are the reason we have no growth. They only worry about their "members" while mockingly using everyone else as a sound bite for their so called solidarity with us

Didya ever notice that when unions were the strongest, most families could afford to have just one breadwinner? And didya ever notice that when that started going out the window was when Republicans started declaring war on the unions some 30 years ago? Unions have a proven track record of raising wages for all workers by establishing standards. Things don't suck because of unions, they suck because unions have almost been destroyed.

EXACTLY!! Unions seem to balance things out whether one is a member of one or not. Without them we are screwed IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 pm

If the unions were helping the unemployed, then there would be a lobbying effort supported by them. Why don't the unions make a fund that the unemployed and generous union members could contribute to in order to hire a lobbyist? We only need one lobbyist because the House and Senate are in gridlock and talking to them is useless. The only person that should be lobbied is President Obama. The only thing he can do is issue an Executive Order of some sort to help the long-term unemployed as well as the unemployed. Possibly a jobs program or a new New Deal. Can the unions do this? We are certainly not in the position to help ourselves by lobbying for our cause. Our efforts, emails, and venting are like leaves in the wind.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Unions do have lobbyists. The lobbyists played a very significant part in the fight over EB in PA. This is just one example of how their already-in-place organization is a power that can be harnessed to the benefit of us all. And the unions have shown time and again that they are willing and able to join forces with other groups to get thing done.

Can't say that I see the chess board the same way that you do--I think there are more pieces than just one that can effect change.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Here we go wrong wrong wrong, the economy was doing better Unions have nothing to do with that and never have point of fact plants that are heavily Union are less productive. Track the economy when its going good follow Union demands and then watch the companies they press those demands and concessions on and watch those companies start to hurt or cease operations and then watch them go overseas and be profitable…it’s not rocket science . As for helping at food banks etc. the help is welcome but considering that they are getting laid off and are ending up UE I find it funny that people actually think they are doing that for these nonunion members instead of trying to look like they are standing by their members. So to be clear Unions have been involved and found guilty of working with organized crime, racatering, RICO act violations, assaults, threats etc. etc. that says it all. Look at Greece if you want Unions running everything lol. Where was the Union last year…getting Healthcare passed not UE extensions and then what do they want Healthcare passes for themselves LOL they sure were lookin out for us. I mean come on to follow that line that they are the same Unions from back in the 30’s is like saying the Repub party of Lincoln is the same today I could go on and on they are so transparent and thankfully others on this site see through it too.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 pm

But to your point if they went back to thier roots like the Unions of the 20's and 30's I would be all for them.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 am

JoanB wrote:Unions do have lobbyists. The lobbyists played a very significant part in the fight over EB in PA. This is just one example of how their already-in-place organization is a power that can be harnessed to the benefit of us all. And the unions have shown time and again that they are willing and able to join forces with other groups to get thing done.

Can't say that I see the chess board the same way that you do--I think there are more pieces than just one that can effect change.

Who do we send our checks to?
How do we hire a lobbyist for the unemployed?
What union has a lobbying effort for HR 589 or job creation or any of the things that the unemployed need now?
Do the unemployed want to be represented by a working union?
Who are the leaders of the unemployed?
Is the Congressional Progressive Caucus or the Congressional Black Caucus or the Rainbow Coalition going to save the unemployed or is this something we need to do on our own?
This Great Recession is like a slow-motion train wreak.
This is the beginning of the 2nd American Depression.
We need leadership and courage to turn this around.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:51 am

You draw a negative correlation between the strength of unions and the economy (do tell, tristen, which economy is that? The one that produces jobs for us?). I draw a positive correlation between the strength of unions and the prosperity of the average Joe. I ask you, average Joes (and Janes) out there, which sounds better to you?

Corporations go overseas in search of cheaper labor, yes, but only because we allow them to turn around and bring the cheaply-made goods back into this country to sell them. If we didn't let them sell in our markets, that cheap labor wouldn't look so good.

As for your cynical take on why union people would want to feed the hungry, well, I don't know what to tell you, tristen. I don't belong to a union, so those ulterior motives you suggest wouldn't line up so well with mine. I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it. I found the experiece haunting. Is it so hard for you to believe that some people do the right thing just for the sake of doing the right thing? I wonder if that says more about us or about you?

Greece--if you think you know what has happened to Greece, go read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. But it's utterly predictable that you see what's happening as being an opportunity to devastate workers' rights. It happens over and over again, but none of you ever wise up.

And if you think that the unions haven't been right there on the spot for every issue that effects you, I ask, where have you been all these years while the unions have been under siege? Pretty much trashing them every chance you get, I suspect. And still they do the best they can to fight for your rights too.

Sorry, it's late, I'm cranky, and have little patience for RW talking points.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 am

I know when faced with facts counter with,,,,,Air? I feel you I have as much contempt for left wing marketing...when confronted with economic facts the rest of America has figured it out, and now the rest of the world is waking up too I've read Animal farm too.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Obama is a zombie.
He rose from the dead and is a completely different person than the one we elected.
He told us he was against war and tax cuts for the rich.
He told us he would stand by the unions.
He changed for the worse. He is now a zombie.
He works for the zombies. He does the bidding of the zombie elite.

Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/#ixzz1QarqduIi

The zombie apocalypse has begun. Don't let Obama bite you.
Signs of the zombie apocalypse:
American jobs shipped overseas.
Americans without jobs to survive.
Americans rely on charity to live.
Americans forced out of their homes.
Obama the zombie will get you too.

USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 pm

The left has failed and have proven they are even more incompetent then the people they point fingers at, we must be careful as their death spasms harm us even more promoting their bankrupt ideology. They have no regard for democracy just contempt for the American population that votes them out how elitist is that.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Facts?

[img]Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 Job-gr10[/img]

[img]Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 Bush_o10[/img]

I'd address contempt for democracy, but I'm getting the impression that you genuinely don't get the irony of that statement.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 am

2010 and most were those Union jobs paid for with tax payer dollars from the automotive bailout (hardly growth but I agree necessary). As for democracy a worker shouldn't be forced to join or have their information provided to Union thugs or even be forced to pay dues to said Union. Why the left thinks that what a person earns is owed to everyone under the sun is beyond but America has awake from that fantasy. Nobody should be required to have dues automatically pulled from a workers paid check at the expnse of the plant lol that should be the workers choice if they want to pay dues but alas that bit of democracy doesn't exist in Union land so please rap on rap on to further add insult to injury Texas (the hardcore Repub run state) accounts for how much of the job growth in the nation (I guess low taxes vs over taxed does matter)? California the Dem controlled state is shedding jobs and growing illegals.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 pm

I sure hope you're right about the jobs in 2010 being union jobs! But you completely missed the overall point that in general, far more jobs have been created over Democratic administrations than Republican. And oops, lookie, under Jimmy Carter's, administration (whom you guys love to deride), twice as many jobs were created than in St. Ronald Reagan's first term! Oh no! So I guess you need to re-examine your belief (you guys have lots of "beliefs", I've noticed) that liberal economic policies fail. Unless you think job creation doesn't count.

Texas...hahahaha

http://www.bls.gov/ro6/fax/minwage_tx.htm

That's the highest percentage of minimum wage jobs in the country, if you don't want to look at all those nasty graphs and statistics and stuff.

Democracy...yes, I was right, it's lost on you. I give up.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 pm

OK first off as usual the argument was regarding how Unions have changed and are failures presently ok I will help you on your facts like most liberals need your stats don't account for high paying jobs or just jobs, upward mobility etc. you know the things you female dog about on this site. Now to show you that I'm not one sided here are the facts. Obama paid for Union jobs and as for Carter just as in Obama low wage jobs are what you’re bragging about? LOL of course any port in a storm right, you laugh at Texas of course were it not for Texas Obama wouldn't have any job growth. Your math is about as good as your chart let me help you, liberals love skewing stats that’s why as nation when were broke your side has to what? Create another entitlement to pander for votes on and make illegals legal yea your right you guys have all the answers

This is the fact your Union group should have pulled

54.2 million: The number of jobs created during the nearly 30 years in which Democrats have held the presidency, beginning with President Truman in April 1945.

34.6 million: The number of jobs created during the 36 years in which Republicans have controlled the White House during the same time period.

As for economic expansion

On 8 of the 10 key economic variables examined, the American economy performed better during the Reagan years than during the pre- and post-Reagan years.
Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years (Carter LOL); it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years (Clinton and both Bushes’).
Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency.
The only economic variable that was worse in the Reagan period than in both the pre- and post-Reagan years was the savings rate, which fell rapidly in the 1980s.
Reagan's tax cuts, combined with an emphasis on federal monetary policy, deregulation, and expansion of free trade created a sustained economic expansion creating America's greatest sustained wave of prosperity ever. The American economy grew by more than a third in size, producing a $15 trillion increase in American wealth. Every income group, from the richest, middle class and poorest in this country, grew its income (1981–1989). Consumer and investor confidence soared. Cutting federal income taxes, cutting the US government spending budget, cutting useless programs, scaling down the government work force, maintaining low interest rates, and keeping a watchful inflation hedge on the monetary supply was Ronald Reagan's formula for a successful economic turnaround. All the opposite of our leader now.
FYI I wouldn’t use Carter, Use Clinton is probably the most successful President on the jobs front so whatever Union group that is gathering your “facts?” I would tell them to well let’s say work smarter.

President Took office Jobs at start Jobs at end Change Pct. change
Truman 4/12/1945 41,443,000 50,145,000 8,702,000 21%
Eisenhower 1/20/1953 50,145,000 53,683,000 3,538,000 7%
Kennedy 1/20/1961 53,683,000 57,255,000 3,572,000 7%
Johnson 11/22/1963 57,255,000 69,438,000 12,183,000 21%
Nixon 1/20/1969 69,438,000 78,619,000 9,181,000 13%
Ford 8/9/1974 78,619,000 80,692,000 2,073,000 3%
Carter 1/20/1977 80,692,000 91,031,000 10,339,000 13%
Reagan 1/20/1981 91,031,000 107,133,000 16,102,000 18%
Bush 1/20/1989 107,133,000 109,725,000 2,592,000 2%
Clinton 1/20/1993 109,725,000 132,469,000 22,744,000 21%
Bush 1/20/2001 132,469,000 133,549,000 1,080,000 1%
Obama* 1/20/2009 133,549,000 *130,462,000 -3,087,000 -2%

Oh yeah and FYI your genius Krugman said the Recession ended in 2009 lol

You were right to title your Facts? with the question mark

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:16 am

Shovel ready title!!! Its working especially when he shovels his Shi*.. Obama is shovel-ready - Page 2 681285

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next