Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole'

2 posters

Go down

Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' Empty Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole'

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 am

Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project, talks about the state of the U.S. jobs market and demographic hit hardest by tighter labor environment. Owens speaks with Mark Crumpton on Bloomberg Television's "Bottom Line." (Source: Bloomberg)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/christine-owens-says-us-jobs-market-is-in-deep-hole/2011/05/27/AG54quCH_video.html

Back to top Go down

Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' Empty Re: Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole'

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Thankfully, she is at least talking about this so people will really realize we are not exaggerating, low paying jobs don't exist any more than living wage jobs do.

Back to top Go down

Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole' Empty Re: Christine Owens, Executive Director - NELP, Says U.S. Jobs Market Is in `Deep Hole'

Post by americatheneedy Tue May 31, 2011 5:45 pm

My husband just doesn't believe there are no jobs. He is a driver so someone has always got to have something shipped somewhere. We argue constantly about his belief that "I must not really be trying." He has called me obsolete, a bum, a liar. When I was feeding our dogs, he says "at least you got some kind of job to do." I wish the media would just be truthful, then at least folks would have a better idea of what the unemployed are really facing. If I got a great job tomorrow, the side I have seen of my family when I needed them the most will be something that I will never forget. I will never trust them again. Another hidden consequence of unemployment that isn't necessary financial. At least this lady is telling the truth. It's bad enough to be jobless, but to have everyone believe it is really your own fault makes it unbearable.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 6:14 pm

americatheneedy wrote:My husband just doesn't believe there are no jobs. He is a driver so someone has always got to have something shipped somewhere. We argue constantly about his belief that "I must not really be trying." He has called me obsolete, a bum, a liar. When I was feeding our dogs, he says "at least you got some kind of job to do." I wish the media would just be truthful, then at least folks would have a better idea of what the unemployed are really facing. If I got a great job tomorrow, the side I have seen of my family when I needed them the most will be something that I will never forget. I will never trust them again. Another hidden consequence of unemployment that isn't necessary financial. At least this lady is telling the truth. It's bad enough to be jobless, but to have everyone believe it is really your own fault makes it unbearable.

I just had a phone interview and the CEO of the company said just about the same thing to me! Why have you been out of work so long, haven't you been looking, what's the problem........... I had to try and stay polite as I was choking back the tears out of sheer frustration! He asked why I didn't consider a "smaller job" when I couldn't find any. I told him I DID! As a matter of fact, I just finished doing an online assessment for a job as a server at Pizza Hut that probably pays under $3 and hour because of tips! I felt like saying to the guy, if you fell like that, why the hell did you call me??

Now I have an interview there on Thursday morning and I already dislike the guy so much, I don't know how I will get through it without choking him!
MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 pm

americatheneedy wrote:My husband just doesn't believe there are no jobs. He is a driver so someone has always got to have something shipped somewhere. We argue constantly about his belief that "I must not really be trying." He has called me obsolete, a bum, a liar. When I was feeding our dogs, he says "at least you got some kind of job to do." I wish the media would just be truthful, then at least folks would have a better idea of what the unemployed are really facing. If I got a great job tomorrow, the side I have seen of my family when I needed them the most will be something that I will never forget. I will never trust them again. Another hidden consequence of unemployment that isn't necessary financial. At least this lady is telling the truth. It's bad enough to be jobless, but to have everyone believe it is really your own fault makes it unbearable.

I hear you, the jobs are slim pickings, and yes there does seem to be alot of trucking jobs, I see that in my local paper all the time. Anything else if you can get it, is very low wage.

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 am

Isn't it amazing the arrogance that some people with jobs display? If that was me I would be so afraid karma would zap me on the spot, I would be too scared and compassionate to act that way.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down