Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’

2 posters

Go down

Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ Empty Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:19 am

Chuck Schumer, the Dem messaging chief, is pouncing on a testy exchange between GOP Rep. Rob Woodall and a constituent, in which Woodall suggested that would-be Medicare recipients who don’t get retiree benefits from private employers should be expected to fend for themselves.

As I noted this morning, Rep. Woodall made the case for ending Medicare as we know it in starkly ideological terms that seemed to veer off the standard GOP message. And in a statement sent my way, Schumer maintained that the episode reveals the GOP’s ideology for what it is: “You’re on your own.”

In the exchange, which was captured on video by Patch.com and elevated by HuffPo, a woman told Woodall:“The private corporation that I retired from does not give medical benefits to retirees.” His response:

“Hear yourself, ma’am. Hear yourself,” Woodall told the woman. “You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, ‘When do I decide I’m going to take care of me?’”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/schumer-the-republican-motto-is-clear-youre-on-your-own/2011/03/03/AF2TnaAH_blog.html

Waiting

Back to top Go down

Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ Empty Re: Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’

Post by troycomic Wed May 25, 2011 12:49 am

Well so far Shumers message is " I want to help but I will only support a bill rather than draw one up my self"

Hey Chuck, all those who volunteer step forward.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’ Empty Re: Schumer: `The Republican motto is clear: you’re on your own.’

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 am

Very true troy. We know we are on our own, most of us have been since early 2008. Then the agonizing waits for votes on extensions. Playing with peoples lives may in fact make us stronger, however, it's like playing God. They are elected officials and they most definitely are not God.

Our biggest problem right now is the people who elect these officials. The anger in November certainly didn't help us at all, it hurt us. People can argue that every way they want, but it hurt us. Now we have to go back and re-fight the fights we barely won. Add to that, now they want to take more away, not just from the unemployed, but from all citizens. At this rate, when we are all gainfully employed, we will need minimum salaries of $100k just to pay taxes, pay health insurance, pay into social security if they decide not to take that, and contribute to retirement funds. That salary would cover a small rental and a humble car and car insurance. If you have dependents, I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 8:00 am

Well I guess we are having internet issues again. If you have dependents, you will need a larger salary or a second job, particularly if they have special needs or you need to send them to Catholic or Private schools if the Public school in your area is gutted of teacher and programs. We won't get into the food and gas prices. It reminds me of carpet bagging. Kick em when they are down, we'll pretend to help them all the while getting rich and leaving them to rot, poor, hungry and no help to follow, they'll just think they are getting help.

It's a disgrace. As far as Sen Schumer, he has been vocal, but has not sponsored any additional bills or suggested them this session at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 am

But his sorry A** has congressional (GOVERNMENT) benefits to fall back on so who is taking care of him-taxpayers, but that's ok for him, screw the rest of us.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:00 pm

MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down