Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Need advice on how to handle bad advice EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Need advice on how to handle bad advice

Go down

Need advice on how to handle bad advice Empty Need advice on how to handle bad advice

Post by 52 and Frightened Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Do they really mean well? Been hearing things like "just let your sisters go - if they cared about you they wouldn't let you live in a homeless shelter.". Another favorite "you just need to accept that you will never have a good job and need to lower your standards, forget about a nice home, savings account, health insurance (list goes on) again. I am stunned by this - not to mention the comments and emails about jobs that I've already applied for or aren't really 'jobs.'. I have sent out hundreds of resumes and became a 99er in October 2010. Not only have I lost my job, home, beloved cats, I am now homeless and destitue without any help or emotional support from 'friends' or family. I am 52 with a degree from a great school, never in trouble with the law, drugs or alcohol, basically single woman with no kids or husband obeying the law and paying my taxes. Now people treat me like I'm scum. I can't get a handle on that pain on top of all the loss already. Any advice? Can you relate? I really want to die.

52 and Frightened

Back to top Go down

Need advice on how to handle bad advice Empty Re: Need advice on how to handle bad advice

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Welcome to the forum 52 and Frightened. Im sorry for what you are going through. I think you will find that many people here can relate.

If you are feeling suicidal please dont give up! Call this number, they have helped so many people in our position

1-800-273-8255

Please know that you ARE important!

I think most really do mean well, but are just ignorant of what its really like to be in our shoes.

As far as accepting it, if we all excepted defeat the country would not have come as far as it has. We HAVE to fight. You do not have to accept it. It is a long grueling fight but eventually most of us will win in one way or another.

When I hear people say "just give it up, its the new america..accept your fate" It makes me want to fight harder. We do not have to nor should we accept this!!"

As awful and hopeless as things seem now, I truly believe that most of the unemployed will find their rightful place in the working world again. We may have to stand up and fight for it, but it will happen. We would not have had civil rights or womens rights etc.
if everyone back then "accepted" the way things were.

We are here for you and please feel free to vent anytime. We are all in this together. You will not be judged here.

Need advice on how to handle bad advice 34243

Back to top Go down

Need advice on how to handle bad advice Empty Re: Need advice on how to handle bad advice

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, I'm certainly hoping that your sisters have their own problems in this world. Probably don't have any room for you, or simply can't afford to let you stay with them, etc. As for the others, people are scared, they actually don't want to believe that this unemployment crisis is real. It's so much easier for all of them to look the other way. I think that they really do have feelings for you, they really don't mean to make you feel like scum (your words, not mine). They probably think telling you to "let go" will make you more at peace. Almost like if a person has a terminal illness, you want to tell them that it's ok to let go, stop fighting it, etc. But, and this is big BUT, you cannot do that and you won't be defeated. Eventually, something is going to give and you will be back on your feet again. I believe that for all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down