Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12

+12
Abbie
Angelicrisis
superstevies
Judi58
Rose
carl98430
fredm74
jackiemarie
Ron S
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
mrmarti
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 Empty Does this diminish the hope for HR589

Post by mrmarti Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5663

Does this mean the fight is over?
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 Empty Re: Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:44 am

(the last one is a killer for some)

Happy Fri 13th yesterday!

Back to top Go down

Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 Empty Re: Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 9:02 am

CLO wrote: I really can't believe how one member's opinion can balloon into this thread's discussion focusing on just that- one person's opinion. Unless he has some inside info on the GOP? People, stay focused, until there is actually a concrete proposal put forth, stay focused on faxing, e-mailing and phoning your contacts...PLEASE! ADVOCATE FOR HR589 NOW!

I tried to point that out previously. It isn't any one persons post of opinion but as post go like rumors they get distorted and eventually after enough more opinions convoluting the original opinion, after all is said and done now we have 589 passed and everything is so great! Whoop's!
I don't know how many times in past extensions (at least they made it to the floor's for votes), but anyway, the members would be debating and insulting the unemployed and it was a no win situation and then they would take a break off the floors and someone on the forum posted, Hey! They have a deal behind the scenes! Then everyone comments Like, hooray, man I need it I am glad they are passing it! and others said wow its about time they passed. Next thing you know they came back to the floor and debated more and then, they said OK, we are going to take a break for the rest of the week. and went home!!! So all of this merger talk and they have to do this and that otherwise they won't make it(stand alone) on their own ( the two bills) . hello! Can you show me proof and comments from the politicians that say that! NO!
S your logic is very drawn out and wise and yes as others said you read like you are a politician or a person in the know or otherwise a very wise political person, anyway, Do you have any data that show the members of congress that share your ideas or suggestions, NO! They're all good comments and hopeful suggestions BUT until they are possibly picked up by members of the house and senate arena, then all they are is a fictional comments.NO disrespect however. Its just when the desperate read all of these concocted ideas they convince themselves that these statements are reality and then they take a deep breath of and say Oh boy, we are going to get our 14 weeks... And their hopes were totally based on nothing but opinions! Not facts! So nothing wrong at all with thoughts and suggestions and also who knows some members (Lee or others who may be smart too) may pick up on these ideas and then they may not. This would reveal their true motives and commitment to getting something done... Will they????? So tweet these ideas and see what they say!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 10:07 am

1208, as I said before, they only become rumors when they leave this Forum and are stated as fact.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion on this subject. Each of us has our own ideas on what is going to happen with HR 589, whether it will come out of Committee and go to the House as a stand alone bill, or whether it gets attached to some other piece of legislation.

The main point is keep advocating our Reps, the Sponsors of the bill and the GOP for HR 589. We can't let them forget us again. I don't care how they get it through, I just need some help here as soon as possible, just as badly as you do.

I am only basing my opinion on what is out there right now, and from all the information available, neither bill has a shot of going anywhere unless there is biparitsan support.

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Sun May 15, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Very Happy

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 11:36 pm

S, I appreciate your words. You have great analogy and possible resolve regarding 589 and the other bills in progress. keep us informed as to your thoughts on our plight and situation.. However it will be another week before they resume whatever it is they were doing! But thanks,

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 11:37 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:1208, as I said before, they only become rumors when they leave this Forum and are stated as fact.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion on this subject. Each of us has our own ideas on what is going to happen with HR 589, whether it will come out of Committee and go to the House as a stand alone bill, or whether it gets attached to some other piece of legislation.

The main point is keep advocating our Reps, the Sponsors of the bill and the GOP for HR 589. We can't let them forget us again. I don't care how they get it through, I just need some help here as soon as possible, just as badly as you do.

I am only basing my opinion on what is out there right now, and from all the information available, neither bill has a shot of going anywhere unless their is biparitsan support.

One thing that is certain, it will be a long hard battle no matter what! Nothing is cut and dried or even logic to the members of both houses!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 12:36 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:S, I appreciate your words. You have great analogy and possible resolve regarding 589 and the other bills in progress. keep us informed as to your thoughts on our plight and situation.. However it will be another week before they resume whatever it is they were doing! But thanks,
Hopefully, some will be in Washington to battle this out. They have to hold pro forma sessions when they break longer than three days according to the Constitution. Basically it is to keep the President from making appointments to certain positions while they are out. It is only a very few that stay and the sessions last about 10 minutes. Let's hope the people involved in these pieces of legislation are there those 2 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by fred Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Are there any members that are in the same district as Rep. Lee, Scott, Cleaver, or another influential member of the CBC or co-sponsor of HR 589? The reason why I ask is that this is a constituent week and i would like some progress information that cannot be found "on the record." Ron S espoused an opinion that could be beneficial and many other forum members concurred, but it would be helpful to hear it from an influential member of the House.

To this end, if you are in the same congressional district as one of the above, could you please inquire to your representative if there is anything in the works to compromise and form some combination of the two bills, do they think there is a realistic chance the republican leadership and rank and file will support such a measure (if not, what needs to be done so they will), and what is the schedule/events for HR 589 when they return next week? Obviously, a great measure of appreciation should be bestowed upon the rep, but press them hard as to what needs to be done to make this a law and when and by what method this can be accomplished.

Boehner and Cantor suggested that the House Ways & Means committee is the proper venue for this bill, but find out what is really happening at this level if you can.

Thanks,

Fred

fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

fred wrote:Are there any members that are in the same district as Rep. Lee, Scott, Cleaver, or another influential member of the CBC or co-sponsor of HR 589? The reason why I ask is that this is a constituent week and i would like some progress information that cannot be found "on the record." Ron S espoused an opinion that could be beneficial and many other forum members concurred, but it would be helpful to hear it from an influential member of the House.

To this end, if you are in the same congressional district as one of the above, could you please inquire to your representative if there is anything in the works to compromise and form some combination of the two bills, do they think there is a realistic chance the republican leadership and rank and file will support such a measure (if not, what needs to be done so they will), and what is the schedule/events for HR 589 when they return next week? Obviously, a great measure of appreciation should be bestowed upon the rep, but press them hard as to what needs to be done to make this a law and when and by what method this can be accomplished.

Boehner and Cantor suggested that the House Ways & Means committee is the proper venue for this bill, but find out what is really happening at this level if you can.

Thanks,

Fred

Excellent points, Fred. Also, contact the 2 Co-Sponsors of HR 1745.
It is up to each of us to contact our Rep. if he/she is on this list!

Here are the Co-Sponsors of HR 589:

Co-Sponsors HR 589

Rep. Joe Baca [D, CA-43]
Rep. Tammy Baldwin [D, WI-2]
Rep. Karen Bass [D, CA-33]
Rep. Howard Berman [D, CA-28]
Rep. Sanford Bishop [D, GA-2]
Rep. Robert Brady [D, PA-1]
Rep. Corrine Brown [D, FL-3]
Rep. George Butterfield [D, NC-1]
Rep. André Carson [D, IN-7]
Rep. Kathy Castor [D, FL-11]
Rep. Judy Chu [D, CA-32]
Rep. Yvette Clarke [D, NY-11]
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver [D, MO-5]
Rep. Steve Cohen [D, TN-9]
Rep. John Conyers [D, MI-14]
Rep. Elijah Cummings [D, MD-7]
Rep. Danny Davis [D, IL-7]
Rep. Rosa DeLauro [D, CT-3]
Rep. Michael Doyle [D, PA-14]
Rep. Donna Edwards [D, MD-4]
Rep. Keith Ellison [D, MN-5]
Rep. Eliot Engel [D, NY-17]
Rep. Sam Farr [D, CA-17]
Rep. Chaka Fattah [D, PA-2]
Rep. Bob Filner [D, CA-51]
Rep. Barney Frank [D, MA-4]
Rep. Marcia Fudge [D, OH-11]
Rep. Al Green [D, TX-9]
Rep. Raul Grijalva [D, AZ-7]
Rep. Luis Gutiérrez [D, IL-4]
Rep. Alcee Hastings [D, FL-23]
Rep. Maurice Hinchey [D, NY-22]
Rep. Mazie Hirono [D, HI-2]
Rep. Michael Honda [D, CA-15]
Rep. Jesse Jackson [D, IL-2]
Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee [D, TX-18]
Rep. Henry Johnson [D, GA-4]
Rep. Eddie Johnson [D, TX-30]
Rep. Marcy Kaptur [D, OH-9]
Rep. Dale Kildee [D, MI-5]
Rep. Dennis Kucinich [D, OH-10]
Rep. James Langevin [D, RI-2]
Rep. John Lewis [D, GA-5]
Rep. David Loebsack [D, IA-2]
Rep. Ben Luján [D, NM-3]
Rep. Carolyn Maloney [D, NY-14]
Rep. James McDermott [D, WA-7]
Rep. Gregory Meeks [D, NY-6]
Rep. George Miller [D, CA-7]
Rep. Gwen Moore [D, WI-4]
Rep. Jerrold Nadler [D, NY-8]
Rep. Grace Napolitano [D, CA-38]
Del. Eleanor Norton [D, DC-0]
Rep. John Olver [D, MA-1]
Rep. Frank Pallone [D, NJ-6]
Rep. Donald Payne [D, NJ-10]
Rep. Chellie Pingree [D, ME-1]
Rep. Charles Rangel [D, NY-15]
Rep. Laura Richardson [D, CA-37]
Rep. Steven Rothman [D, NJ-9]
Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard [D, CA-34]
Rep. Bobby Rush [D, IL-1]
Rep. Linda Sánchez [D, CA-39]
Rep. Janice Schakowsky [D, IL-9]
Rep. Robert Scott [D, VA-3]
Rep. José Serrano [D, NY-16]
Rep. Albio Sires [D, NJ-13]
Rep. Fortney Stark [D, CA-13]
Rep. Bennie Thompson [D, MS-2]
Rep. Edolphus Towns [D, NY-10]
Rep. Nydia Velázquez [D, NY-12]
Rep. Maxine Waters [D, CA-35]
Rep. Melvin Watt [D, NC-12]
Rep. Henry Waxman [D, CA-30]
Rep. Anthony Weiner [D, NY-9]
Rep. Frederica Wilson [D, FL-17]
Rep. Lynn Woolsey [D, CA-6]
Rep. David Wu [D, OR-1]
Rep. John Yarmuth [D, KY-3]

Co-Sponsors HR 1745

Rep. Rick Berg [R, ND-0]
Rep. Geoff Davis [R, KY-4]

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Basic question: Is a deal still going on behind the scenes that I have seen some post?? Fantasy land ! Also where is all the positive talk about 589 and 1745 merger, is that still in the scope of fantasy?? Guess its because of this weeks break or has all the great news from a great imagination faded?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Basic question: Is a deal still going on behind the scenes that I have seen some post?? Fantasy land ! Also where is all the positive talk about 589 and 1745 merger, is that still in the scope of fantasy?? Guess its because of this weeks break or has all the great news from a great imagination faded?

Here is a link to a Representative in your state who is a co-sponsor of HR 1745. You can email Rep. Geoff Davis directly from this link. Please contact him - he may have the answer for you!

http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/Geoff_Davis#Biography

Please let us know what you hear back!

I also ask that you be more respectful of our members opinions on this matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 pm

We need to keep our voices heard. The pressure can't subside. If we want action, we need to make it happen. Use whatever means you prefer, twitter, emails, fax or phone. Contact as many Reps. and urge them to pass HR589 without delay. With the lack of any jobs bills and any progress on job creation anywhere, we need to keep asking for additional help. We are all working for it and we need to keep working for it together Initial Report from CBC / Obama Meeting May 12 - Page 4 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron S Wed May 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Since I received an email notification on this issue from the forum pertaining to this thread, perhaps your latest post was substantively alluding to my previous posts and other member’s comments regarding such. If so, I understand exhibiting sarcasm toward an idea or a concept usually is a manifestation of frustration, however, please bear in mind, neither I nor are your fellow members the enemy in this campaign. In the short term, I believe all members of this forum are looking for the same thing, assistance via an expansion of unemployment insurance benefits. Dialectics on this site are promoted to foster hopeful and positive discussion with the intent to help all concerned. In terms of the prospects for this particular compromise issue evolving, I would characterize it more as an “adventure land” experience rather than “fantasy land”.

Ron S
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Well said Ron and well taken! Actually I was reflecting my frustration from another forum and comment was made saying "something was going on behind the scenes". This has been a very emotional subject and often it gets carried into fantasy when some comments are made that mislead some. But none the less I allowed my emotions and frustrations to spread to this forum unjustly. I was only using the fantasy and the behind the scenes remark as an overall example.None the less it reflects an attitude of disrespect for those who have not made dreamland comments but very realistic possibilities and merely suggestions of resolve! So I appreciate your very well put and seemingly educated expertise and also regard it a very positive and hopeful. Sorry for the comments of negativity and hope you will keep us enlightened from your perspective and knowledge base of information! Thanks,

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 2:11 pm

1208, we all understand the frustrations, we are all in the same situation.

As far as what other forums are speculating and commenting on, perhaps you can enlighten the members rather than let those comments fester and turn your attitude towards negativity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4