Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589

4 posters

Go down

Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 Empty Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589

Post by superstevies Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Today I've had it. Why doesn't the Ways & Means Cmte. just get HR589 to the floor and vote it down or not so we can both get on with our miserable lives. It is clear to me that HR589 will never see the light of day if they are trying to cut the benefits to those who still have them with bill HR1745. It's funny how that can come up to a hearing with no probs. right away while we have been at it for weeks with HR589.

Try to go back on the tax cut deal to me means then that NO DEAL for the tax breaks for the rich. IF they go back on that deal then the rich's tax cut deal should be revoked.

Rep. Lee needs to find a way to have HR589 paid in full or we are NEVER going to see it come to light. Who cares about the Meeting with the White House later this week.. Whats going to be done with that? NOTHING just like the last ones. I'm going to catch heck for this one but...from the beginning THIS BILL HR589 should have been paid for from the git go this is starting be be more and more like the Senate bill S.3706. Just a carrot dangled out there to try to please us but go no where. If they are serious about helping us, then they should at least follow the route to getting it done the way it has the best chance. That chance in my eyes is BEING PAID FOR. Boehner thinks he is not GOD.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 Empty Re: Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 pm

I am sure HR 589 will move now. It will pass, be attached to Tier 1, which will end on June 30, 2011 if HR 1745 and S. 904 pass.

Too many hurdles in our way. I'm with you, Steve.

This whole mess is going to destroy the economy and take us along with it.

Back to top Go down

Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 Empty Re: Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

This threads title would make a good slogan.. JK. I feel your frustration as well. All we can do is keep doing what we have been doing and pray for the best. It's obvious the GOP doesnt give a ratz ass about the unemployed.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm

This "Patriotic" song, is on Ed Schultz's MSNBC site. It says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4aVCMLNws&feature=player_embedded

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Because hey can let it die in committee and no one has to be the bad guys. If it comes to the floor and those who vote against it will be exposed and then we know who the mean guys are. But if it dies in committee "hey it wasn't my fault"...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:15 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Because hey can let it die in committee and no one has to be the bad guys. If it comes to the floor and those who vote against it will be exposed and then we know who the mean guys are. But if it dies in committee "hey it wasn't my fault"...
n

It won't "die" in the Committee. It will come out and pass. Unfortunately, it is attached to Tier 1, which will be "gutted" with the new "JOBS" legislation introduced by the GOP last week.

Extended benefits would most likely end on June 30 FOR EVERYONE!

Actually, I have no doubt it will pass, it is the GOP's way of saying they helped the "99ers" and then yank that funding by putting it into the hands of the states to give to their business buddies so they won't have to pay higher unemployment taxes.

If/When this happens, it will be time to STOP THE BUSH TAX CUTS!!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

that is what I have said since hearing about the two bills were mentioned. The only problem with that is the two bills(can't remember their numbers) but is confusing on what they may do. Camp...... If he thought they had a good chance passing without bringing out 589 along with them he would. Why??? Because if by some small chance they would pass they would kill remaining benefits others are doing and on right now. But if he brings 589 from committee he knows that 589 stands a chance of passing and thats why these two bills may be introduced with it or separately. I am betting since they are going to committee now he will call them out early and work on them, and see if they have a chance of passage..,Then if he senses they may pass, he'll release 589 out of committee. I don't think they will attach them to 589 as addendum's or amendments because there b=could be a slim chance they would get dropped off 589 and 589 could pass. Here is the real real telling story on those two bills... The house may pass but if they get into senate they could get killed by dems. in the senate.. But the dems. may think its a good thing and pass it.. THEN would Obama sign off.. I say yes. If he does, then never, never tell me he is for the unemployed.then we are screwed... 14 weeks is nothing. Lets see. look at the billions they are giving to Egypt, Libya, and Pakistan... then screw the American's in need. Hello!!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Because hey can let it die in committee and no one has to be the bad guys. If it comes to the floor and those who vote against it will be exposed and then we know who the mean guys are. But if it dies in committee "hey it wasn't my fault"...
n

It won't "die" in the Committee. It will come out and pass. Unfortunately, it is attached to Tier 1, which will be "gutted" with the new "JOBS" legislation introduced by the GOP last week.

Extended benefits would most likely end on June 30 FOR EVERYONE!

Actually, I have no doubt it will pass, it is the GOP's way of saying they helped the "99ers" and then yank that funding by putting it into the hands of the states to give to their business buddies so they won't have to pay higher unemployment taxes.

If/When this happens, it will be time to STOP THE BUSH TAX CUTS!!

Hello! Obama promoted the tax cuts!!! Why in the world would you think he or any dem. would do anything with the tax cuts now???? Sorry... Thats a Moog point! If the dems. fought tooth and nail on the tax cuts then I could see them using them and trying to repeal them but, ... but unfortunately the dems. helped the tax cuts along and voted for them !

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 pm

I am right there with ya superstevies. This whole mess is beyond frustrating. I wouldnt wish what the unemployed go through on my worst enemy, but I do wish they could walk in our shoes for 1 week. Then, MAYBE they would understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm

@1208 Dems voted for tax cuts because the GOP was holding UE benefits hostage. If I recall correctly some of them did fight it and voted against it.

I understand being frustrated with both sides. I AM too. Dems are door mats and reps are thugs with suits on. Its getting worse and worse by the day. I am scared for my kids future as well as mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 pm

@1208 - President Obama did not want to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. He certainly DID NOT promote them.

The GOP wanted to extend them for years! The President HAD to compromise the two year deal in order for millions of unemployed to get their benefits reinstated three weeks before Christmas!

This whole mess is NOT the President's fault. The GOP's mission has been to take him out of office - not to help the people of America they represent!

Give me ONE example of anything they have passed that has helped the average American citizen in any way at all!

Ways & Means Cmte. Wasting our time w/ HR589 490529750

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

The tax cut bill was actually a brilliant move on the president's part. The tax cuts go for two years so the republicans can't use the tax cuts against us when the democrats try and extend the deadline on unemployment benefits again. When the fall of 2012 rolls around and the presidential election is in full swing Obama will run on raising taxes on the rich and lowering them for everyone else. This will force his opponent to take a side, either side for lowering taxes on the rich OR vowing to get rid of the tax cuts which is a promise he will break.

On the subject at hand, 589, this isn't really taking a long time. Bills often move very, very, slow in process. A lot of people are just noticing because they never paid attention to politics before now. This is a big part of the problem in America that got us where we are, the public doesn't pay attention.

I agree that the absolute only way it will pass is if it is paid for. It won't pass if it is attached to the unemployment gutting bill because the senate will stop it. If nothing else the president will veto it. Yes, it's true that the states MAY use it for unemployment benefits but anyone with common sense, or isn't a republican shill, knows that they won't. This will end the program and the senate will stop it. If nothing else, Sen. Sanders will filibuster it.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm sure Bernie Sanders, and a few others will filibuster this when it makes it to the Senate. The problem is, the Senate has their own version of this bill, S.904, introduced by Senator "All the unemployed are drug addicts and lazy" Orrin Hatch. That bill is in the Senate Finance Committee that Mr. Hatch is the Ranking Member of.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue May 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, the senate bill won't even reach the house. No worry about that.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue May 10, 2011 7:57 pm

I think the whole point is that, the republicans have tried to pull a fast one by saturating the house and senate with the same bill different numbers, this means they mean business about this. Meanwhile 589 is on the back burner again. This is beyond frustrating to watch unfold. This will further delay any action by 589 at all. Folks need help YESTERDAY!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down