Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES Empty IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 am

IF YOU LIVE IN PA, HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO WRITE ALL THE SENATOR IN ONE SINGLE EMAIL. ALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS, HOW TO BCC, THE LETTER, ALL BY SENDING ONE EMAIL. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE DONE THIS. I SUGGEST YOU WIRE ANOTHER EMAIL EVERYDAY, FILL THEIR EMAIL ACCOUNTS UP ASKING THEM TO PASS SB 944. IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS SIMPLE ALL EXPLAINED ONE EMAIL THEN I GUESS WE DO NOT DESERVE EB. WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS

Here is a list of all the Senator in Pennsylvania. I feel, since many do not know of our issue, that we should write to all of them now and ask them to discuss with each other what it will be like in June when 45,000 will lose EB and another 15,000 in July. Maybe you don't think this is you, but it will be. So what you have to do is in you BCC (NOT THE CC AREA) put all of these name, just copy them and put them in. Here they are:

alloway@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasenate.com; boscola@pasenate.com; brewster@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; costa@pasenate.com; andy@pasenate.com; jearll@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasenate.com; mfolmer@pasen.gov; fontana@pasenate.com; jgordner@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; hughes@pasenate.com; hughes@pasenate.com; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jorie@pasen.gov; jpiccola@pasen.gov; dpileggi@pasen.govjpippy@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; stack@pasenate.com; tartaglione@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; vance@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; washington@pasenate.com; mwaugh@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; mwhite@pasen.gov; williams@pasenate.com; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov; tartaglione@pasenate.com

In the TO area put this email address: lbaker@pasen.gov She is the Republican Chair of PA DOL&I. We need to turn some Republicans

Subject: Don't Cut-off PA's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits

Here is the letter, perhaps you will want to add your personal experiences to it:

Dear Senator,

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on June 11, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits.

On June 11, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving, unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvanian's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on June 11th.

The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that. Can we please put a side partisanship, and get this done immediately. It is very stressful not knowing what is going to happen, and makes most of lives little things unbearable. Not knowing makes interview seem like you are a loser before you get there. We need you help now.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states ---- have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits.

Extended Benefits are 100% Federally funding, no one dime comes from the States. Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

This small legislative change, with no cost to Pennsylvania, is the only thing that stands in the way of unemployed workers being able to secure the benefits they, and the local economy, so desperately need, and that the federal government is underwriting.

It's time for Pennsylvania lawmakers to act.

Don't Cut-off Pennsylvania's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits!

Thank you.

your name
address
city, state, zip

Last edited by Dazed&Confused on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES Empty Re: IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks for sharing this!

PA members (or members from any state), if you have a twitter account, you can tweet this topic from here using the "Twitter" button above - spread the word!
**Shortened the topic title a little so it can be tweeted!IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES 758924

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES 562135

I wish there was something like this going for our friends in NC and TN.

Back to top Go down

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES Empty Re: IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 am

I wish there was too DesperateInRI, took some time but I will help any state to get this together. Of course used someone else letter but what is a little plagiarism among friends. capitil hill
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 am

If you do this once or twice or three times a day, we might get our point across, pass the bill so they can get their "important" email and not the ones from the unemployed. We did a good job last year, yes we did.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks D&C, just sent off my email. IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Thank you aloneinpa, I hope your other friends at DAWG will take to doing this also. I say we flood them with our emails, very effective, yes it is.

DesperateInRI, I know I am a big girl, but I never took the opportunity to learn to tweet. So as soon as my daughter teaches me, promise, I be tweeting and retweeting, promise. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:Thank you aloneinpa, I hope your other friends at DAWG will take to doing this also. I say we flood them with our emails, very effective, yes it is.

DesperateInRI, I know I am a big girl, but I never took the opportunity to learn to tweet. So as soon as my daughter teaches me, promise, I be tweeting and retweeting, promise. Dazed

I just learned myself. I'm doing it for you! IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 am

Daughter has not arrived home from school yet, so Tweet will ya, tweet.

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES 780423
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES Empty Important! Please Read!

Post by JoanB Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry I've been AWOL guys...got a temp job and have been swamped. But I just saw this (sorry I don't have time to do a better job with this but you need to know about this):

There is a new serious threat to Unemployment Compensation in PA.

First, we need to keep up the pressure to save UC Extended Benefits for PA's long-term unemployed workers. Tell them we need a CLEAN legislative fix with no riders attached.

http://www.nelp.org/page/speakout/continue-extended-benefits-in-PA

An even more urgent issue is House Bill 916, an all-encompassing UC bill introduced by Republican Scott Perry. The vote to move this bill out of committee could come as early as Wednesday, May 4th. The negative impact it will have on UC for workers is huge.

For starters, this bill will: 1) tighten financial eligibility requirements; 2) put up beauracratic barriers and hurdles; 3) tighten eligibility for reapplication for benefits; 4) slow the growth of maximum benefit rate; and 5) readjust calculation of the benefit rate.

Once again, instead of the top 2% and corporations paying their fair share, Republicans are targeting struggling workers with cuts and threatening the economic recovery.

We all need to contact members of the House Labor & Industry Committee and urge them to vote NO on HB 916. Below is a sample message message:

Vote NO on HB 916. Rep. Perry’s Unemployment Compensation bill will make it difficult for Pennsylvania’s unemployed workers to collect unemployment benefits they deserve. HB 916 unfairly targets PA's unemployed workers and benefits big business! I urge you to vote against moving this bill out of committee.

Here is a list of the Republican L&I Committee members and their district phone numbers:

Miller - Chairman (717) 428-9889
Bear - Vice Chairman (717) 626-1776
Perry - Secretary (717) 432-0792
Aument (717) 295-5050
Bloom (717) 249-1990
Boyd (717) 464-5285
Cox (610) 670-0139
Culver (570) 286-5885
Delozier (717) 761-4665
Gillen (610) 775-5130
Grove (717) 767-3947
Kampf (610) 251-2876
Kauffman (717) 264-3943
Keller, F (570) 966-0053
Murt (215) 674-3755

This attack on UC benefits for workers makes it all the more urgent that we turn out with strength in numbers for the Rally at the State Capitol in Harrisburg this Tuesday! Register to reserve your free bus seat now!

You can register for the bus to the May 3rd rally at this link:

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5452/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6554
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 am

I spoke to the Senators office today and she told me they have 7 sponsers (not all DOL&I) and that no meetings have been scheduled this week or next. It has not yet been voted out of committee either. This does not look good...we have to get working on this. Dazed

P.S.: If you write, please write to all of the senators above. Thanks
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Tue May 03, 2011 11:42 am

JoanB quote:

An even more urgent issue is House Bill 916, an all-encompassing UC bill introduced by Republican Scott Perry. The vote to move this bill out of committee could come as early as Wednesday, May 4th. The negative impact it will have on UC for workers is huge.

For starters, this bill will: 1) tighten financial eligibility requirements; 2) put up beauracratic barriers and hurdles; 3) tighten eligibility for reapplication for benefits; 4) slow the growth of maximum benefit rate; and 5) readjust calculation of the benefit rate.

Joan, I want to share this information, can you provide a link or source, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:I spoke to the Senators office today and she told me they have 7 sponsers (not all DOL&I) and that no meetings have been scheduled this week or next. It has not yet been voted out of committee either. This does not look good...we have to get working on this. Dazed

P.S.: If you write, please write to all of the senators above. Thanks

Contacted the Harrisburg Office again, and was told they now have 9 sponsers, all democrats. Anyway here is a link should you want to take a look at the sponsers. Dazed&Darned
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Joan & anyone interested, I called all the offices above today. I had to leave detailed messages & phone number (they won't call) but I got done all the EB people at the same time. No on HB 916, yes on SB 994.

As far as EB goes if you go to this link you will see who is a cosponser this does not mean it gets it out of committee (sp) but you might want to take a look, we now have 9 sponsers:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/bill_history.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=994

Please write to all these Senators, not many of them know of our issue. All you have to do is copy the letter above, or on the last page, put lbaker@pasen.com in the TO area, and in the bcc area (not the cc area) copy all of the following at one time (50 at once) and paste into the bcc area. In subject use the one listed below. Oh I will get the sample letter now, and put it here again, you can put a personal touch to it if you want to do that, I think it is a good idea. Don't forget to put just "Dear Senator" as the all will receive this therefore you can't put "Dear Senator Josmo" because 49 other Senators will get your letter saying "Dear Senator Josmo." And don't forget to mention vote no on HB 916 (changes to the Unemployment Compensation Law, HB 916.) So "Dear Senator" is just fine to put as the saluation:

Here is the list:

alloway@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasenate.com; boscola@pasenate.com; brewster@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; costa@pasenate.com; andy@pasenate.com; jearll@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasenate.com; mfolmer@pasen.gov; fontana@pasenate.com; jgordner@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; hughes@pasenate.com; hughes@pasenate.com; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jorie@pasen.gov; jpiccola@pasen.gov; dpileggi@pasen.govjpippy@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; stack@pasenate.com; tartaglione@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; vance@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; washington@pasenate.com; mwaugh@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; mwhite@pasen.gov; williams@pasenate.com; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov; tartaglione@pasenate.com

You will only need to send one email, anyone can do it it is easy. Don't forget to put your name and address at the end of the letter. Here is the letter.

Dear Senator,

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on June 11, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits. This bill is very important and you need to vote YES on this bill. We have just become aware of HB 916 (changes to Unemployment Compensation Law), and we urge you to vote NO on HB 916. More and more Pennsylvania is taking away from its citizens its rights. We say no more!!!!

On June 11, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving, unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvanian's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on June 11th.The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that. Can we please put a side partisanship, and get this done immediately. It is very stressful not knowing what is going to happen, and makes most of lives little things unbearable. Not knowing makes interview seem like you are a loser before you get there. We need you help now.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states ---- have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits. Not only that but our neighbors in New Jersey, Delaware, New York & Maryland have enacted this temporary law. What are we chopped liver?Extended Benefits are 100% Federally funding, no one dime comes from the States. Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

This small legislative change, with no cost to Pennsylvania, is the only thing that stands in the way of unemployed workers being able to secure the benefits they, and the local economy, so desperately need, and that the federal government is underwriting.

It's time for Pennsylvania lawmakers to act.

So in conclusion, please vote NO on HB 916, you are taking away our rights as Citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Don't Cut-off Pennsylvania's Unemployed Workers! Please vote YES on SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits! The first to loose benefits would be 46,000 people, NOT FAMILIES, but people. People have families so you need to VOTE YES ON SB 994

Thank you.

your name
address
city, state, zip
Phone

Sorry to use so much bandwidth, but we gotta get this message out. SB 944 is not on the calander this week or next, so it will be around the 20th, if it geat there. Please whoever you are, do writem, we are all Americans. Thank you.

Oh, and we can use all the TWEETS we can get DesperateInRI. Dazed

Last edited by Dazed&Confused on Tue May 03, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue May 03, 2011 6:30 pm

aloneinpa wrote:JoanB quote:

Joan, I want to share this information, can you provide a link or source, thanks!

Here: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=H&type=B&BN=0916

You have to read through the text of the original bill to find the crappy amendments. I did it with the good senate one, but I just don't have the time/concentration power at the moment. If I can, I'll try later unless you find the stinkers first.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm

I was just checking the PA websit to see if there were any more sponsers to SB 994 and this is what it said:

Welcome to the Senate of Pennsylvania!

Current HappeningsThe Senate will reconvene at 1:00PM on May

09, 2011 unless sooner recalled by President Pro Tempore

Didn't they just come back from a vacation for Easter. This makes me so mad, and to think they get paid for this. Meanwhile we will have 10 days to get this bill passed. This is so sick, I can't stand it. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 am

I received this email from a Democratic Senator (I will not name):

Ms. Dazed:

I served as Mayor of the City of McKeesport for 7 years before being elected to the senate. I know how hard it is to be unemployed. My city lost the steel mills in the 1980's. I promise I will keep your comments in mind if the majority party allows this legislation to come to the floor for a vote. You are correct in contacting Republican members as they control the agenda completely.

I wish you success in your job search.

Sincerely,

Senator.....

Guess I'll be calling the Republican Offices again today!

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Here is another email I received from my email efforts to extend benefits in PA:

Dear Ms.Dazed:

Thank you for sending me a copy of your recent letter to Governor Corbett regarding the need for action to implement the federal unemployment extension that his available to the Commonwealth. I appreciate your interest in this issue and I understand your desire to see the Commonwealth take action on this issue.

While Pennsylvania has fared comparatively well through this difficult economic time, there is no question that jobs are difficult to find in many areas of Pennsylvania. People who are unemployed are in need of the assistance that additional benefits would provide, and I assure you that I will work to implement this extension.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this matter. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.

Sincerely yours,

Senator Jay Costa, Jr.

43rd District

JC/jlg

***Costa is the Minority Floor Leader.

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 5:12 pm

I am asking the ladies of Pennsylvania to send this letter to all the Senators of PA, then go to the Governors website and send it to him.

Sent to: jgordner@pasen.gov he is the Majority Chair

Please then to go to the governors website & sent it to the governor, here is his website: http://www.governor.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/contact/2998

Here are the bbc people on this letter:

Here is the letter, only send it if you feel confortable about it:

Extremely Important Extended Benefits in Pennsylvania VOTE YES!

Dear Senator Gordner:

I am being proactive with our Governor - and this is what I wrote to him:

I sincerely hope you start spreading the word to the Pennsylvania Legislatures and, of course, the people of Pennsylvania who are, to date, somewhat unaware of this nasty little scheme by Republicans to cut off our unemployment benefits, because I can't imagine the outcome of what will happen if you do not extend Extended Benefits, EB. in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Keep reading because I want you to know that we do know of your greediness. To me there is no choice, pass them now, or see large cities and small cities, who are just now recovering a little, go nuts on you. In Philadelphia, we have a 10% unemployment rate; this is the six largest city in this country.

I also find something very odd about the number of new jobs in Pennsylvania and how the Unemployment Rate fell so rapidly starting in December 2010. I believe Pennsylvania must be audited, as far as the unemployment numbers are concerned because I believe there is something dirty going on. I was disgusted to learn that only 1% is deducted from your paycheck for the many employment benefits such as medical, retirement, etc., that you and your legislators and appointees receive. I CANNOT IMAGINE ONLY PAYING 1% OF MY PAYCHECK FOR BENEFITS AS EXTENSIVE AS YOURS, THIS IS NO LONGER A PRETTY LITTLE SECRETE, IT IS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO READ. IF YOU TAKE OUR BENEFITS, WE WILL TAKE YOUR SWEETHEART BENEFITS DEAL, 1% OF YOUR PAYCHECK FOR MEDICAL, RETIREMENT, ETC., IS JUST PLAIN GREED. HOW ABOUT THAT GOVERNOR CORBETT. YOU ARE VERY GREEDY, BUT WE WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL, YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR BENEFITS AS LONG AS YOU EXTEND OURS. TALK ABOUT GREED, 24 YEARS WORTH OF PAYING 1% FOR HEALTH, MEDICAL, RETIREMENT BENEFIT, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT FROM THE BUDGET! THIS IS NOW BEING PLASTERED ALL OVER THE UNEMPLOYMENT BOARDS. YOU ARE EASY ON THE UNIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE HOLDING THIS OVER YOUR HEAD, WE WILL NOT BE IF WE LOSE ONE PENNY OF OUR BENEFITS DUE TO YOUR REPUBLICAN AGENDA.

You made us all aware before the elections that the unemployed were lazy and rather sit at home and let their benefits run out. You said “Philadelphia had plenty of Jobs." I cannot to this day believe you actually meant this. Because of Wall Street, I lost everything. Now you want to take away my benefits so once again, the middle class carries the deficit on our backs. Think again, you are putting more people, who quite possibly would get jobs in this “jobless” recover, right on the Welfare Rolls. This is rather stupid.

I am asking you and posting this on the many unemployment boards "Are you waiting for the last minute, to let Pennsylvanians know they will not receive extended benefits which the Federal Government has provided a fix?" All you have to do is sign a bill for a 3-year look back, and Pennsylvanians will be able to receive the entitled Extended Benefits.

We now see you may not be in favor of the 3-year look back because a Republican bill in the House and 1 in the Senate allows you to take from the homeless, hungry, jobless families in Pennsylvania so that you may tackle your deficits. THIS IS NOT YOUR MONEY, IT IS OUR MONEY WE FOUGHT LONG AND HARD TO RECEIVE. ANOTHER THING YOU SHOULD KNOW, PENNSYLVANIA IS 1 OF ONLY 3 STATES WHERE THE EMPLOYEE DOES PAY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS OUT OF THEIR PAYCHECKS.

There are over 500,000 unemployed residence of Pennsylvania. Do you want more homes foreclosed on? You may not believe it, but Pennsylvania is a working state with a huge base of Democrats, far more than Republicans.

It will be a very sad, and a very bad day in Pennsylvania if Extended Benefits are not approved. I am not going to explain to you an 8% unemployment rate and what that means, you know what it means, many people are no longer collecting...get the job done and pass extended benefits now. Seems you are real quite about this issue, not one mention of Extended Benefits on the Pennsylvania website and what the possibilities are, but believe me Governor, you should not hold back making your stand because if you do and Pennsylvanians finds out at the last minute, you have taken away their Extended Benefits, this Democratic working State will be extremely, extremely upset. No need to see what other Republicans are going to do in their state, use your brain and do the right thing for our children, they need food and clothing now, not 30 years from now.

I hope you get on this horse now, because the word is spreading with your Sweetheart 1% benefits deal and the Republicans wanting to cut benefits in order to apply them to their States deficits, and once it spreads, you need to be on board, because this is one nasty deception. You numbers are way down; you will see them go down much further.

Again, I sincerely hope you start spreading the word to the Pennsylvania Legislatures and, of course, the people of Pennsylvania who may be unaware of this nasty little scheme, because I can't imagine the outcome of what will happen if you do not extend Extended Benefits, EB. in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To me there is no choice, pass them now, or see large cities and small cities, go nuts on you. As I said, in Philadelphia, we have a 10% unemployment rate; this is the six largest city in this country. Again, I also find something very odd about the number of new jobs in Pennsylvania and how the Unemployment Rate fell so fast starting in December 2010. I believe Pennsylvania should be audited, as far as the unemployment numbers are concerned because I believe there is something dirty going on, just like the 1% paycheck benefits deduction you, your appointees along with the legislatures pay, I have never heard of such a thing. This is disgraceful, and it should be eliminated immediately. I CANNOT IMAGINE ONLY PAYING 1% OF MY PAYCHECK FOR BENEFITS AS EXTENSIVE AS YOURS, THIS IS NO LONGER A PRETTY LITTLE SECRETE, IT IS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO READ AND BEING PASSED AROUND TO ALL UEMPLOYMENT BOARDS. IF YOU TAKE OUR BENEFITS, WE WILL TAKE YOUR SWEETHEART BENEFITS DEAL, 1% OF YOUR PAYCHECK FOR MEDICAL, RETIREMENT, ETC., HOW ABOUT THAT GOVERNOR CORBETT. YOU ARE VERY GREEDY, BUT WE WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL, YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR BENEFITS AS LONG AS YOU EXTEND OURS. TALK ABOUT GREED, 24 YEARS WORTH, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT FROM THE BUDGET! AS A MATTER OF FACT, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST THING TO HAVE BEEN CUT. It is time for you to get with helping the unemployed, and stop being so greedy.

Cordially,.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Nice letter!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Thank you JObless_In_Ma, use to be my job, ghost writer for CEO's, but when I get crazy like this, I don't always do so well. haha. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane0218 Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I would like to thank everyone on this thread. You are providing a great service by providing those of us in PA everything we need to be active.

You are awesome! cheers

Jane0218

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Hey Dazed, good job!

I see that House Bill 916 (the stinky bad bill) was "Laid on the table"...does anyone know what that means? Is that the same as "tabled", which would be good, or does it mean something else?

Costa..yea! He's my Senator. FYI, he co-sponsored Sen. Tartaglione's bill (the good bill)
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 am

I think that means, in fact I am pretty sure, they will file it and think about it someother time-which means never, good.

Night gal, Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next