Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

+33
Sarah Mindles
Sad American
jmainframe
elvis44102
stillnutty
MaryKay
need_a_break
Kathleen
Meganicus
Sammy
js123
JoanB
New_Wave_Princess
laine25
keilowkei
lstjr
kelly
Jane0218
Abbie
CLO
503Depressed
suri
unemployedandroid
sportsnut
mean2mommie
RookieCAF
mrmarti
Fuentes
nuttin2lose
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
37 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

MoInSTL wrote:Thanks all. Embarassed

I have spent it weeding and mowing my yard for the first time this year. I am going to get cleaned up and go to Denny's for the free breakfast and then watch the ball game. I hope we can win for a change!

I'd love to get outside and start cleaning my perennial garden, but I know we are going to have another frost. I can see shoots starting to come up but don't want to rake the fall debris out yet. It is good insulation against the frost. At least the trees are starting to turn green. That is a happy sight after this winter - I never thought we would see the grass again with all the snow we had!

:72201:

Back to top Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:09 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Anyone watch CNN trying to tell us high gas prices are good because people walk more and lose weight and less accidents because people drive less. Talk to the hand

How about people can't afford to eat or buy cars? ###*#(#(#_#)&@^&@^&#^&#^ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr

bluh That is unbelievable! That reasoning is so stupid it is funny. LMAO

What is not funny is what the price of home heating fuel is going to be in the Fall and all the cuts to LIHEAP!

Why don't these boneheads think of that?????????????? UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 746945

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:44 pm

cost me 40 dollars to fill up my tank and its a 12 gallon tank...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:cost me 40 dollars to fill up my tank and its a 12 gallon tank...

I have a 22 gallon tank it cost about 80 bucks to fill and I get maybe 16 miles to the gallon. Its a 4 runner and I remember spending 160 a week when gas went thru the roof a few years ago. Lucky for me my new job is 8 miles away and I get a work truck.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:57 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
smindles wrote:
MoInSTL wrote:
smindles wrote: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 1362819209 Way to go MO! Happy dance

Happy belated birthday to you btw. I trust you spent it not enjoying the day of your birth and celebrating being alive. lol!

Happy birthday back at ya, MO. I did enjoy my bd. Just found out though we ain't suppose to. Hey put me in a fema camp. At least i'll have a roof over my head and grub on the table.

Go Orioles! Very Happy

Yanks and Orioles this week. If the yanks win will you put on a shirt. If the Orioles win I will mail ya 20 bucks. Very Happy

LMAO How did I miss this one???????????

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:36 pm

I have some great news. I had an electric disconnect notice and took it to the agency here that provides energy assistance and they were out of funds. They always make you have a disconnect notice. I panicked and called several agencies and all were out of funds. I also talked to a case worker at an agency and during our chat I mentioned that I had been laid off. She told me last week that there was a new program that may be able to help since I was laid off and she would call me Monday. I was on pins & needles until she called me at 5:30 last night and asked me to meet her this morning and to bring photo ID, SSN card & bills.

She paid $750 in utility bills & a couple of other bills. The balance of $58 was gas money. She hand wrote the checks and gave them to me to mail. Came home, addressed them all then drove to the post office for stamps and mailed them. I have no idea what the name of the program is and she told me I was her first client in it. I really tried to find out so I could share that info here as if I had rent, it would have been included.

I am so relieved! My gas bill alone was just under $400. I have a gas furnace, water heater, stove & dryer and no one this time of year helps towards that. The cut off date, if they have funds is 3/31 here.

This is the first time in months & month I have a full tank of gas.

This was an amazing blessing! I am completely emotionally wrung out and tired out.

MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm

WOW MO! She was like an Angel in disguise!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I have some great news. I had an electric disconnect notice and took it to the agency here that provides energy assistance and they were out of funds. They always make you have a disconnect notice. I panicked and called several agencies and all were out of funds. I also talked to a case worker at an agency and during our chat I mentioned that I had been laid off. She told me last week that there was a new program that may be able to help since I was laid off and she would call me Monday. I was on pins & needles until she called me at 5:30 last night and asked me to meet her this morning and to bring photo ID, SSN card & bills.

She paid $750 in utility bills & a couple of other bills. The balance of $58 was gas money. She hand wrote the checks and gave them to me to mail. Came home, addressed them all then drove to the post office for stamps and mailed them. I have no idea what the name of the program is and she told me I was her first client in it. I really tried to find out so I could share that info here as if I had rent, it would have been included.

I am so relieved! My gas bill alone was just under $400. I have a gas furnace, water heater, stove & dryer and no one this time of year helps towards that. The cut off date, if they have funds is 3/31 here.

This was an amazing blessing!

surprise Is it a national program of just for MO? We need that here. All the charities dried up by December!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm

If anone deserves good news its you Mo. AWESOME! cheers
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:46 pm

It's national. I didn't want to post it, but folks can PM me.

Thanks getthem! I am going to sleep good tonight!

Jimmy, she was an angel.

I am becoming a believer in prayer.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Good evening folks, I hope everyone is well tonight, I havent seen a few of the regulars on lately, I hope everyone is ok and didn't lose internet etc.

Off the top of my head, ET? Kelly?? YOu girls doing ok I hope? Check in and say hello. I get worried when I dont hear from folks in a while.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 am

Good morning everyone.

I did not wake up at 3:30 this morning! I slept until almost 8:30 which is quite late for me. I'm still having my coffee & it's a bright, sunny day. Going to be a pleasant 73 degrees today.

Hope everyone has a great day. UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 240840

We lost last night 13-8 to the D-Backs. Sad
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:50 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I have some great news. I had an electric disconnect notice and took it to the agency here that provides energy assistance and they were out of funds. They always make you have a disconnect notice. I panicked and called several agencies and all were out of funds. I also talked to a case worker at an agency and during our chat I mentioned that I had been laid off. She told me last week that there was a new program that may be able to help since I was laid off and she would call me Monday. I was on pins & needles until she called me at 5:30 last night and asked me to meet her this morning and to bring photo ID, SSN card & bills.

This was an amazing blessing! I am completely emotionally wrung out and tired out.

That is fantastic Mo! I am very happy for you. UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 468390

Back to top Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 Empty idk...

Post by Fuentes Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm

I didn't know where to post this, but, bombs away!

It costs $44,563 to incarcerate a prisoner for a year
in California — nearly the same price as a year at
Harvard University with room and board.

(excerpted from: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/02/09/Runaway-Prison-Costs-Thrash-State-Budgets.aspx)

So, the government will pay HIM $44K instead of $13K for my own lifeline, which is (and has been) nonexistent.

Fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Crazy news today in my town first they find 10 bodies and a serial killer is now on the loose. Then a mother of 3 drives into the Hudson River killing all the kids. They think she might have lost her job?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:35 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Crazy news today in my town first they find 10 bodies and a serial killer is now on the loose. Then a mother of 3 drives into the Hudson River killing all the kids. They think she might have lost her job?

OMG that is horrible!

Oh and by the way check the latest announcement for some good news!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up. This needs to get to Ali Velshi, Barbara Lee, Ed & tweeted. Anyone want to help out?
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:00 pm

MoInSTL wrote:Thanks for the heads up. This needs to get to Ali Velshi, Barbara Lee, Ed & tweeted. Anyone want to help out?

Thank you for all you did with the set-up of this Forum. This couldn't have happened without you.

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 769716

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Ive been tweeting it.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Follow Ali on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/AliVelshiCNN
Follow Ali on Twitter!
@AliVelshi

Contact information for Ed
https://www.facebook.com/#!/edschultzshow

Follow Ed on Twitter!
@WeGotEd
@edshow
The Ed Show
email: ed@msnbc.com
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
MoInSTL wrote:Thanks for the heads up. This needs to get to Ali Velshi, Barbara Lee, Ed & tweeted. Anyone want to help out?

Thank you for all you did with the set-up of this Forum. This couldn't have happened without you.

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 769716

Embarassed Thanks DIRI. I think it could have, but I get your point. Cool
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I don't understand people come here tell me not to bash the right and then leave never helping fight the cause of jobs. scratch

Just to put it out there I am NOT happy with either side very much. There HAPPY?

Look up the people budget and do what you can to fight back!
WE WANT JOBS!
OR Talk to the hand
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:24 pm

We hit the 600 member mark today!

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 895764
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

600. That is very cool!

To all new members---Welcome! Jump in, the water is fine! We need everyone's perspective.
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 2 296338

EDIT: Love the fancy clocks, buttons and discussion icons. Looks great!
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next