Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

+13
helpnnc
americatheneedy
NCEB
demianhesse1
themidnightrider13
Dazed&Confused
gemini1girl
Chubz
bs1974
gettheminNOVEMBER
lizalphonso
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
17 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 Empty North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I made a new thread.

I went to print out some more work search forms today and I saw a notice on the Unemployment commission website saying that due to the decline in the unemployment rate that North Carolina no longer qualifies for extended benefits. The last week payable will be 4/16.

The unemployment rate went down from 9.8% to 9.7%. It has never been below 9.5% which I thought was the cut off rate. Something seems wrong here.

Does anyone else have any more information?

NC Democrats seek to pressure GOP on unemployment
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 am

I'm in the eastern part of the state but have some connections around you. Let me do some feeling around come Monday and see if I can stir up something for you. Not only are we having to deal with a sluggish job market and major competition for the jobs available, but the hiring game has changed a great deal over the last 5yrs. It takes connections to get in. It used to be that way for professional & mid/upper mgmt level but now its seeped down to skilled positions. Hiring mgrs are just overwhelmed with applicants and do not do due diligence- that's the only excuse I can give you and I for not being plucked out of the unemployed pool.

What environment are you most confortable in- full machine shop or manufacturing setting w/ machine shop on site?

dkhardin wrote:I`m ten miles east of statesville. Have experience in several operations in fabricating metal, some cnc. want to get more experience on turning, milling.. there are jobs for machinists i have found. I can do the work.

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by dkhardin Sat May 07, 2011 12:51 am

Full machines hop fabrication,punching,bending, turning, milling. Hope to hear back from you soon.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Sat May 07, 2011 1:10 am

I don't offer w/o trying my best. One way or the other, I'll get back wtih you. You can contact me directly at vpurser@suddenlink.net if you llike and give me a more specific area of Statesville. I know commute time has to be taken into consideration as much as $. I'll do my best. I've spent a great deal of my off time helping folks. Who knows, may come back to me someday.

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 am

One more thing, dkharkin- how many yrs exp under your belt?

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sat May 07, 2011 2:19 pm

I emailed a reporter that did an interview with NCESC when this first happened and asked her if she can ask the hard hitting questions to the Republican leadership and find out what is going on and their intent. She has answered me before, so I hope she does this time. It has gone on too long.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 2:37 pm

They really need to ask the right questions. They always ask a broad question about it and Thom Tillis always says "well, we passed it and put it on the governor's desk but she didn't sign it".

That ain't really the whole story now is it Thom?

I wish Gillespie would email me back again and give me an update.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sat May 07, 2011 2:42 pm

lendme that is what I told her. That they need to ask them to answer honestly why they did not vote when it was a standalone and why now they won't extract it and vote on it. To press them for truthful answers and not the run around. I wish someone would answer something.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 4:14 pm

I got an email from Senator Holloway, a republican, who said "I understand your position, and I will do all I can to help".

I told him that's good because this what I need, I need you to get the stand alone EB bill out of the finance committee in the Senate and rally the republicns in both houses to vote for it instead of tying it to a budget bill that you know the governor will veto.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sat May 07, 2011 9:44 pm

lendme, I don't know if you remember I posted on here about LaRoque's response to me, How Long have you been on unemployment? I was so mad, I never answered him. Well on the other boards, a couple of people got the exact same response from him. Also asking about a drug test

http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/709343-nc-extended-unemployment-592.html page 592 it starts. What a jerk. With Representatives like him, we will not get anything done. I really think the media should read how he responds.

He sent these other questions to her too.

What kind of job are you looking for? Is there a minimum wage/salary
that you are requiring? Are you willing to work at any job that you are
physically able to perform? Are you willing to relocate for a new job?
How many hours per day do you spend looking for work and what does that
consist of? (Describe a typical day looking for work). Have you
contacted a temporary agency and filled out the necessary documents?

These are innocuous questions that I would ask anyone in your position.

I'm sorry but this has nothing to do with him fixing the problem with EB.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun May 08, 2011 1:38 am

I am not a member at city data but I lurk there from time to time. I see why you were upset but the person that was responding to him is responding very defensively. I hate a lot of the politicians but I deal with them in a professional manner. Maybe thats why I get a positive response, I don't know.

I do that if he gets beat up and screamed at by people he is less likely to help.

Someone emailed him and just said "can you sleep at night after holding people hostage all day"?
That is pretty unprofessional and I would have ignored that too.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sun May 08, 2011 1:52 am

She ended up answering his questions except for salary.

He answers everyone the same regardless of how polite the email is. I would not have a problem if he would answer the questions then say let me ask you a few things. Anyway, there are alot of scared people out there and emotions sometimes get the best of us.

I am thankful I found this place, because we all have similar stories and it is a comfort to share with each other.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sun May 08, 2011 11:26 am

House bill 735. Drug testing before you can receive unemployment and during to make sure you are fit for work. They can't pass EB for us, but they will certainly pass this. I don't have a problem with drug testing.But why couldn't they have passed EB first?

I am so fed up with the Republicans and I think they have no intention of passing EB.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun May 08, 2011 12:30 pm

I haven't heard about them voting on a bill to require drug testing but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think they intend to pass it if they get what they want. They will get what they want eventually so Perdue might as well sign it. They are only 4 Democratic votes from being able to override anything she vetoes.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sun May 08, 2011 4:24 pm

The Herald-Sun - Working for jobless benefits
http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/13171914/article-Working-for-jobless-benefits?instance=homesecondleft

This is what they have been busy doing, so I don't think they will pass EB.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Sun May 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Received this reply form Rep John Torbett
At least he answered me. I think this is tied to the budget and it's going to be up to Perdue. Not looking too promising.

First of all I have been given two phone numbers for you to call for help at the employment security office. 1-866-278-3822 and 1-888-737-0259. Next, if you are eligible for unemployment , that funding is still in place until January 2012. The extended benefits that were stopped, is only because the unemployment rate has reached the percentage that these benefits were in place for and this was explained when they were started. Lastly, hopefully there may still be an agreement reached to start back the extended benefits, even though the percentage of unemployment has reached the rate as outlined in the state program.

I am deeply saddened as to the state of our economy and am doing my best to help straighten out our budget and provide opportunity for folks to get back to work.

Best,

John

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Sun May 08, 2011 11:39 pm

EXTENDED BENEFITS its not gonna happen..read between the lines. My vote will be carefully mulled over.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun May 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Torbett has no idea what is going on. The unemployment rate is almost 10%, does he think a program designed to help the unemployed would be scheduled to terminate with a rate this high?

He makes it sound like we all knew that these were ending but in reality we found with two weeks notice.

But he did mention and agreement that could be reached so maybe it will work out.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 pm

dkhardin wrote: EXTENDED BENEFITS its not gonna happen..read between the lines. My vote will be carefully mulled over.

Ya know, I'm done with you guys. I am sick to death of the constant negative comments that I have to deal with on here everyday.

It's people like this that make the working class suffer in this state. We have forgotten the long history of fighting for what we believe in and fighting for workers rights here.

I email and call and email and call all day everyday trying to get this passed. I have sent my last email and made my last call.
I am tired of working for people that bring me down.
If I do hear something I won't be posting it here. I guess you can find your news somewhere else.

KMAG YOYO
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

my years up..worked 6 months at a temp service last year. company moved north. im gonna try and file a new claim. see how that works. politicians think we dont want work..get it and it moves or shuts down. how about doing something about keeping jobs in nc Idea yes two years is what they go back and base it on .. it has to be 110% greater then the week they check. 9.7 is not 110%. so they have every right to stop it. dont like it or afford it..but do something about it. one man army

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 am

lendme, I have emailed and called and even emailed the media. When you keep getting knocked down and you are scared it's sometimes hard to be positive. I'm sorry if that is bringing you down. I appreciate all the info you share. If I had not found this forum and you had not shared your information, it would be much worse. I do appreciate it, but we all deal with things in a different way and sometimes there is more going on that makes us less positive. I hope you will change your mind and I apologize if I offended you with my comments.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

I left you a question here about length of experience along with my email address. Get back with me if you wish.

dkhardin wrote:my years up..worked 6 months at a temp service last year. company moved north. im gonna try and file a new claim. see how that works. politicians think we dont want work..get it and it moves or shuts down. how about doing something about keeping jobs in nc Idea yes two years is what they go back and base it on .. it has to be 110% greater then the week they check. 9.7 is not 110%. so they have every right to stop it. dont like it or afford it..but do something about it. one man army

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 10 Empty spelling

Post by dkhardin Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am

reality....politicians have jobs; my experience is 63 months at metal fabrication

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by helpnnc Mon May 09, 2011 11:43 am

i'm disgusted by the nature of the conversation this thread has become...

i too am through w/ all the negativity and especially the disrespect shown here by "dkhardin"... i have been following this thread daily and it has been a nice support network for me... recently this member "dkhardin" has swarmed this thread and just interrupted very rudly... ist, Lendme has been worked to keep us informed and we have stressed the Importance of keeping the tone "positive"...

Dkhardin you are rude posting "EB is Not gonna happen" and then basically hijacking this thread exchanging multiple messages about your situation and info requesting help finding a job... this is something that should have been taken up privately off the forum via personal email especially after coming on here and bashing on everyones hopes for EB reinstatement...

you seem to think you can just storm into the middle of the thread and take it over for your own personal gain... well you can have this thread all to yourself i dont even want to correspond w/ a person of your negativity and selfishness...

enjoy the thread you can have it all to yourself...........

helpnnc

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Mon May 09, 2011 12:09 pm

ok.dont want it..its all good here..good luck to everybody i seem to have upset ...WINNING!!!!!!

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Ok. I hope I have offended anyone with my posts. I'm hear for the same reason that brought you hear- information and understanding of what is happening to assist those just cut off from EB and I'm one of them. I know that I engaged in conversation trying to help someone but I'd be willing to help anyone here if its in my ability. Think about how hard it is for you to find work in your field, in mine, HRM jobs in rural, industry drying up NC are close to nonexistent. I know the trends and know how employers are holding potential candidates hostage by taking advantage of the large labor pool, offering far less to new candidates. I have brought forward this as well as other key points to those in power hopng to provide them some insight as to what the long-term unemployed face in their job search.

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next