Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

+13
helpnnc
americatheneedy
NCEB
demianhesse1
themidnightrider13
Dazed&Confused
gemini1girl
Chubz
bs1974
gettheminNOVEMBER
lizalphonso
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
17 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 Empty North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I made a new thread.

I went to print out some more work search forms today and I saw a notice on the Unemployment commission website saying that due to the decline in the unemployment rate that North Carolina no longer qualifies for extended benefits. The last week payable will be 4/16.

The unemployment rate went down from 9.8% to 9.7%. It has never been below 9.5% which I thought was the cut off rate. Something seems wrong here.

Does anyone else have any more information?

NC Democrats seek to pressure GOP on unemployment
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by dkhardin Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 am

I called Raleigh two days ago and talked to my county representative Julia Howard.I was told they were working on it..as long as that was going on there was a chance it would get through. Cool

Last edited by dkhardin on Thu May 05, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 9 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by gemini1girl Thu May 05, 2011 12:21 pm

See I just want someone to tell me why we have to go through this whent he money is sitting there and it was a simple solution. No one will answer that question. We shouldn't have to suffer for them to work on it. Vote on it as a standalone bill like it should be and get it done. The longer it is stretched out, I fear it doesn't seem very good for us.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 05, 2011 12:43 pm

We have the same problem in Pennsylvania, we can't even get it out of committee, so sad.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm

gemini1girl wrote:Saw this NC House passes Budget Bill
http://www.wect.com/story/14575024/nc-house-passes-budget-bill-now-goes-to-senate

So is the HR676 still attached and are we being used again and Perdue will veto it?

This bill isn't the same thing. This bill is the actual budget. The bill with Eb attached was a continuing resolution on the budget to keep government from shutting down.

676 was never attached to any bill, that is a stand alone bill that is in committee.

I really wish the republicans would just do the right thing and allow a stand alone vote on the bill but they know that this continuing resolution would never pass if they didn't attach it to something the governor wants, like unemployment benefits.

My biggest fear with this is that the republicans will try and play national politics and decide that they don't want to take federal money. The longer it gets drawn out the more time one of them has to come up with this idea.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

any new news?

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

I haven't received any emails today so I'm not sure what that means.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by still_unemployed Thu May 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Here's a link to another discussion - trying to get everyone from both sites working together.
Another EB discussion board

still_unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu May 05, 2011 11:43 pm

I haven't received emails either from Republicans or Dems. This will soon be 3 weeks without a check. I'm really scared now. It's sinking in that I will soon have nothing left.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 am

I seen on the news that a budget was passed.Will bill EB get to the governor?

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 am

It's hard to say, if she signs the budget it might and might not.

This could be the compromise that is being worked out. If she signs this bill they will pass the extension.

Don't really seem right on the part of the republicans does it?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 am

What do we do. No answers anymore from emails. The media is not reporting on this and all we get is doubletalk. I am so scared right now and feel totally helpless. I think they will drag their feet until they don't have to do anything about it and it will go away for them.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 11:31 am

You said a lot and i feel the same way. I keep looking for any progression in this bill...nothing is happening,,got house payments, food, gas, well is running dry. If they do not figure something out there will be 1 more living off of public assisstance. Kind of ironic.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Fri May 06, 2011 11:43 am

I am so frustrated and confused at our state's lack of action and their using the 37K that were dropped as pawns in their political manipulations. It's clear that none of these people have family or friends who were dropped for EUB. I feel confident that if they were to look closely at the people that were on these benefits, they would see that only a small percentage of them are deadbeats as they have been called. I know I am not one! It's location and lack of jobs for professionals in my community or within a commute that is somewhat reasonable. I've heard move then- that's easier said that done and has to be comments from those with resources and/or a job!

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I did not think it was going to come to this. I really believed that it would take a couple of weeks and benefits would be restored. I don't understand and am getting no answers anymore.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 pm

We just need to calm. I know that is easier said than done though.

They said it would take a week or so from last week. It haven't even been a week yet.

I am almost out off money too.
Keep writing, keep calling.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 7:18 pm

They who? May i ask to who is being written to.. like i posted, i called a representative. Got doubletalked.
Who is giving timelines on the extension?

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

I'd like to know who as well. I must admit, I'm past the point of pride and have sent several communications to my representative and senator with no more than an electronic reply or form letter. I'm sure it is not just me that is being screened for several members of my community in the same position have made email or written contact and attempted telephone contact only to be screened. I cannot help but feel hostage to political shenannigans!

I cannot help but feel that life would be easier if I did not possess a degree nor a professional background because maybe then there would be opportunities for me in a support role, retail or food service. As it stands, I'm either over qualified or nothing open right now, ma'am!

dkhardin wrote:They who? May i ask to who is being written to.. like i posted, i called a representative. Got doubletalked.
Who is giving timelines on the extension?

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

This is an ongoing conversation that we have been having. I posted before but if you are just joining the thread you probably have'nt seen it. Sorry about that.

The last person that I talked to was Mitch Gillespie, who wrote me back last friday I think. He said a compromise was being worked out with the Governor and that this issue should be resolved in a week or so. It has now been one week. I am not saying I have all the faith in the world but the time period he gave me hasn't elapsed. I wrote him one day this week to see if he knew anything else and haven't heard back yet.

I recieve emails back from state legislators quite often. It could be because I am writing them individually, one at a time and not using a form. They may be able to screen form letters which could be why you are getting form letters back. Just speculating on that.

You ARE writing your state legislators right? Not the people in Washington?

This is a state only bill, Burr and Hagan can't help with this.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 8:53 pm

yes, the representative from the county i live in, and know her personally. still do not get reliable information as you seem to get. forgive my curiosity.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't know if my info is reliable, it's just what he said. I have contacted him on other issues before and he is a really down to earth guy. I don't think he would purposely lead me wrong. I just intend to give him the time period that he said it would take.

I am speculating again but it could be that if Perdue signs this buget that just got passed then they will pass the look back bill to fix the extensions. I really hope she does. It will kill the state economically but the republicans are going to get what they want anyway because North Carolinians don't seem to be able to elect anything else.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

That sounds positive. The bill on EB it has been rewrote and goes back 3 years on the rate of unemployment, hopefully this will get it done,soon. Manufacturing, machining is my skills, just trying to get certified at community college when this come up...what luck. I`m sure 37000 other people have similar stories. And more are joining the 79`ers every week. Got some referrels for early next week.,like to finish school.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Let's hope that your info is reliable and that our elected officials will work in support of their constituents.

Until then, I'm glad that I stumbled upon this forum and look forward to reading, posting and feeling some form of a support system during this phase. Lord knows its a phase, it just seems like it's lasting longer than puberty!

lendmeflight2 wrote:I don't know if my info is reliable, it's just what he said. I have contacted him on other issues before and he is a really down to earth guy. I don't think he would purposely lead me wrong. I just intend to give him the time period that he said it would take.

I am speculating again but it could be that if Perdue signs this buget that just got passed then they will pass the look back bill to fix the extensions. I really hope she does. It will kill the state economically but the republicans are going to get what they want anyway because North Carolinians don't seem to be able to elect anything else.

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugglinginLenoirCo Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Not sure what part of the state your in, but I know of a few positions open 'round me that would love to have a good machinist- even without cert- depending upon experience. I'm a HR mgr by trade but have been lucky enough to pick up a few recruiting gigs here and there and run across a good amount of openings in the machinist field- reworking/creating dyes and molds in electrical component mftg setting. Some contact with machine shops as well.

dkhardin wrote:That sounds positive. The bill on EB it has been rewrote and goes back 3 years on the rate of unemployment, hopefully this will get it done,soon. Manufacturing, machining is my skills, just trying to get certified at community college when this come up...what luck. I`m sure 37000 other people have similar stories. And more are joining the 79`ers every week. Got some referrels for early next week.,like to finish school.

StrugglinginLenoirCo

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 pm

I`m ten miles east of statesville. Have experience in several operations in fabricating metal, some cnc. want to get more experience on turning, milling.. there are jobs for machinists i have found. I can do the work.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by NCEB Fri May 06, 2011 11:51 pm

All of the Dems. support EB. I have gotten a reply from Republican Sen. Don East that said:

I assure you benefits will pass, hopefully next week. I got this on Thursday the 5th. Another from Sen. East said: People will get their benefits.

As far as I can tell they want it to pass but still want to be sure the budget is going through. Budget passed the House veto-proof 72-47 majority vote. They want to get bigger items off their plate, while our plates are empty, before dealing With EB. The Budget is through now but I'm not sure about the state healthcare bill, think 1st one was vetoed. It's the only other big one I can think of. I don't want give false hope but that's the answers I received. Here is a link wher phone and email lists for the house are http://www.city-data.com/forum/19035472-post5837.html

NCEB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next