Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues.

+11
rainer123
lizalphonso
exhaustedandtired/1208
pdsnickels
js123
nfpexec
Agent Smith
Jobless_in_Ma
gettheminNOVEMBER
mistermunster
Judi58
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. Empty HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Republican leaders in the House of Representatives have agreed to meet with two Democrats to discuss longshot legislation for the long-term unemployed, the members' offices confirmed Tuesday.

Reps. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and Bobby Scott (D-Va.) introduced legislation earlier this year to provide 14 additional weeks of unemployment benefits to Americans who've been out of work for six months or longer. Lee and Scott have spoken frequently about the struggles of so-called "99ers" -- people who still haven't found work after exhausting the maximum 99 weeks of benefits available in some states.

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. R-boeh10

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/22/99ers-bill-meeting-long-term-unemployed_n_838970.html

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 895764

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. Empty Re: HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues.

Post by Judi58 Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:16 pm

You beat me to the post... Very Happy Let hope he means that he will be open to helping us.... and this is not just another ploy ..Sorry I just cant get my hopes up again.....
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. Empty Re: HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Judi58 wrote:You beat me to the post... Very Happy Let hope he means that he will be open to helping us.... and this is not just another ploy ..Sorry I just cant get my hopes up again.....

Keep the faith, Judi! They have to do it because they haven't addressed Job Creation since the 112th Session of Congress began in early January!

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 468390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:27 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Judi58 wrote:You beat me to the post... Very Happy Let hope he means that he will be open to helping us.... and this is not just another ploy ..Sorry I just cant get my hopes up again.....

Keep the faith, Judi! They have to do it because they haven't addressed Job Creation since the 112th Session of Congress began in early January!

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 468390

Not only that, with the price of oil skyrocketing so will UE numbers, whatever gains were made will quickly be wiped out in a very short amount of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 pm

CONTACT SPEAKER BOEHNER AND LEADER CANTOR TODAY!

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 34243

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor

Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/

Tweet:

@SpeakerBoehner
John Boehner
@GOPLeader Eric Cantor

Rep. Lee is encouraged that the Speaker has agreed to meet within the next few weeks to discuss how to provide emergency benefits for millions of long-term unemployed workers," Lee spokesman Joel Payne said. "Despite her strong belief that this should be considered emergency spending, the Congresswoman is committed to exhausting every possible option for passing this bill."

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Okay... I will believe.... I wont be homeless and our goverment will come thorugh.... sunny
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Keep contacting. It really hasn't been all in vain. HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Let's not forget either, Speaker Boehner's home constituents are having just as difficult a time as all of us. He has to be hearing from 99ers in his home state as well. He is encouraging Republicans to "tout job creation", so let's see if he means it.
HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 137906 Please join in the fun!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Not buying it.

Cantor's office suggested he would steer the conversation toward job creation instead of just providing another 14 weeks of benefits.

Mayberry RFD has already made up his mind just with this statement alone.

" Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said in an email. "He is looking forward to hearing Rep. Lee’s ideas for spending cuts that a majority in the House of Representatives can support.

That doesn't say anything about unemployment extensions.

It's a smoke screen from the Tweedle Stupid brothers. They are still rabid dogs with their stupid bone and I believe this meeting is just a nicety, to make them look as if they care. And add to the fact is says....

have agreed to meet with Lee and Scott sometime in the next few weeks to discuss possible cuts to fund the benefits.

Next few weeks????? No URGENCY there is it. In a FEW weeks it will be April. And if they do anything, you can BET Jun at the earliest, and thats NOT counting the Senates, screw ups. Sorry I don't buy it. These clods have ONE TRACK minds and they have been holding on to that position for over 2 years. They have NO incentive to change. Remember WHO we are dealing with, same mind set that made this mess and who would throw their Grandmothers to wolves. Not buying it until I see a stack of money on the table. You can lie and BS me only so far. To me this smells more of the SAME. Rolling Eyes

Oh, as for JOB creation, we ALL know that takes LONGER to make a reality as it actually sounds. Just look at WHAT has NOT been done in 2 years. If they DID something back then you can bet ONLY now we would see results today. Anybody got 2 more years to give on this merry-go-round??? Then you throw into the MIX the discrimination that is an inherent part of the the JOBS problem and NO ONE has really addressed and HAS to to make ALL the JOBS, JOBS, JOBS thing to work. Survival Money first...THEN Jobs.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Well said mistermunster. All the more reason for us to avalance them with our stories, our letters and any communication you may wish to send. Let them know the urgency. Don't give up.

If they had started back in November working with companies to hire, schools for retraining, listening to what is needed maybe this meeting wouldn't be necessary. We all wouldn't have jobs, but our mass numbers would have been known, possibly a Jobs bill would have been voted on and steps would have been taken to get Job Creation under way.

I have been working on the Republicans today, back to the emails, please join me. HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Ed Schultz mentioned the 99ers last night too. It was REAL quick but it was a shoutout. HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 562135
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:11 pm

I didn't see him last night. Thanks getthem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 pm

We are coming back to life! Maybe they are listening! backflip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:15 pm

We are tiya. Please keep up the pressure.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:16 pm

The money they just spent bombing Libya would have taken care of the long term for 14 weeks and then some.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Instead of pay cuts they give themselves tax breaks the hypocrisy is blinding. Cool HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 619286 HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 619286 HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 619286
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Im going to take this as positive news and a step in the right direction.
The sooner the better the anxiety is killing me.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey Jobless! It is good news. Chill! It is going to happen. I am in the same situation as you, my EB runs out in a few weeks. Congress needs to help the millions who have already used all their benefits. Pretty soon, there will be millions more. Somebody posted they haven't even started to address job creation, so they can't use that as an excuse not to help us now. glasses

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 pm

mistermunster wrote:The money they just spent bombing Libya would have taken care of the long term for 14 weeks and then some.

Yes. I just saw it on CNN. It cost $100 Million per week.

The Reps had always money for war.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Ditto!!!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:21 pm

GREAT NEWS!! This is a big step guys...our hard work advocating surely is working and we should double our efforts. This is the best news we have heard in a long time. Since the Republican Leaders are agreeing to meet with the Dems it definitely looks promising to me!

cheers HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

tiya wrote:Hey Jobless! It is good news. Chill! It is going to happen. I am in the same situation as you, my EB runs out in a few weeks. Congress needs to help the millions who have already used all their benefits. Pretty soon, there will be millions more. Somebody posted they haven't even started to address job creation, so they can't use that as an excuse not to help us now. HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 1097833001

Tiya,

Don't tell a 99er to chill. You are still collecting your EB. It is easy to be smug and tell someone to CHILL. What about the people like myself who haven't seen a check for months and living off the little money we have in the bank. I don't mean to put you down but I find you pick the wrong word.

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 550579

I am happy to hear that Boehner and Cantor will meet with Lee and Scott in a few weeks. A few weeks is a long time when we have been fighting for this for the past months. I pray that it goes through soon for all of us because we are hurting.

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 550579
js123
js123

Back to top Go down

Post by pdsnickels Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:28 pm

DITTO!
This is indeed good news!
But don't forget, this is still a "long shot", not a slam dunk by any means...
Which means we have to:

DesperateInRI wrote:
CONTACT SPEAKER BOEHNER AND LEADER CANTOR TODAY!

HR 589 Progress! Congressional Contact Information! Details to follow for action planned on Mon. & Tues. 34243

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor

Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/

Tweet:

@SpeakerBoehner
John Boehner
@GOPLeader Eric Cantor

Rep. Lee is encouraged that the Speaker has agreed to meet within the next few weeks to discuss how to provide emergency benefits for millions of long-term unemployed workers," Lee spokesman Joel Payne said. "Despite her strong belief that this should be considered emergency spending, the Congresswoman is committed to exhausting every possible option for passing this bill."

pdsnickels

http://www.unemployedworkersactiongroup.com and http://american9

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Next few weeks. No urgency! Guess we must take what we can get!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next