Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS

3 posters

Go down

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  Empty House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 am

Transcripts from the Ways & Means Committee Hearing held on February 10, 2011 on IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS.

Four expert witnesses met with Committee, and the public was invited to submit their "Submission for the Record." This was a great opportunity for all unemployed Americans, not just 99ers, to speak out and remind Congress we are here and we are not giving up. Where are the jobs? Make Job Creation and the Unemployment crisis the number one priority on the House and Senate's agendas!

Prior to this hearing, the unemployed were asked to submit "Testimony for the Record", informing the Committee Members of their efforts to find employment in this "jobless recovery" and the obstacles they faced. All the Unemployed blogs, Facebook pages and Forums urged their members to submit short statements.

Because of our situation and lack of funds, it is almost impossible to organize huge rallies in Washington and around the country. Therefore, we MUST take advantage of opportunities like submitting a short statement to committee hearings that deal with job creation and unemployment. If we don't speak out and stand up for ourselves, we will be forgotten and swept under the rug. We must stand together with one united voice or we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

If your letter for Submission for the Record is not on the list, don't be discouraged, it usually takes approximately two weeks for all to post. Keep checking back to see if your submission has been added!

WITNESSES
Kristen Cox, Executive Director, Utah Workforce Services
Tom Pauken, Chairman, Texas Workforce Commission
Heather Boushey, Ph.D., Senior Economist, Center for American Progress
Douglas J. Holmes, President, UWC-Strategic Services on Unemployment and Workers’Compensation

SUBMISSIONS FOR THE RECORD

Yvonne Goersch
Joyce Fields
Jennifer Snyder
Lori Parker
Martin Thomas
Elizabeth Steere
Rochelle Sevier
Ellen Turner
Paul Pittman
Tracy Santee
Janice Nichols
James Bufton
Scott Carlson
William Milner

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  468390

At the bottom of the official transcripts in this link, you can read the Submissions for the Record from 14 unemployed Americans, keep watching for yours! ET's letter is here, as well as mine and I am proud that my opinion will be part of the Congressional Record on the subject of the unemployment crisis in America.

A BIG THANK YOU to ALL who supported this effort!

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  9685

http://www.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=228061

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  34243

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  Empty Re: House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Interesting, thanks ET. Just an FYI, I did submit mine as well and I didn't make the list. I wonder if any other members submitted and weren't included. I am glad your's made it and thanks again for sharing this with us.

Back to top Go down

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  Empty Re: House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS

Post by mrmarti Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I sent my submission back in February - just went and checked my sent messages to make sure......Question is if I sent mine and it isn't shown - how many more were sent and never made the record.
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:41 pm

I was wondering the same thing mrmarti. I did mine in February as well, I got mine in two days before the cut off and I checked back to make sure it wasn't returned for some reason. I don't know though, could it be they had a cut off on how many would be taken for the official record?

I am glad ET's was included. She's done some much research and keeps us well informed. At least one of our family made it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:43 pm

mrmarti wrote:I sent my submission back in February - just went and checked my sent messages to make sure......Question is if I sent mine and it isn't shown - how many more were sent and never made the record.

Keep watching this link. They just started updating with submissions and sometimes it takes a week or two to get everyone's updated. The same thing happened last June, but eventually there were over 300 names there. I believe they update in the order they were received.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I sent mine in as well but am not listed? What is the problem here? I hope they are just behind. It makes it look like we are not passionate.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:26 pm

They are always behind posting the Submissions for the Record. I believe they post them in the order they came in. It should be updated again next week. Looking forward to seeing the updated list!

They have to list every submission for the Congressional Record.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

way to go guys! cheers

I submitted mine, but they didnt get it? scratch
My husband and I did it together. weird...I must of done something wrong and it didn't go through. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:36 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Transcripts from the Ways & Means Committee Hearing held on February 10, 2011 on IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS.

Four expert witnesses met with Committee, and the public was invited to submit their "Submission for the Record." This was a great opportunity for all unemployed Americans, not just 99ers, to speak out and remind Congress we are here and we are not giving up. Where are the jobs? Make Job Creation and the Unemployment crisis the number one priority on the House and Senate's agendas!

Prior to this hearing, the unemployed were asked to submit "Testimony for the Record", informing the Committee Members of their efforts to find employment in this "jobless recovery" and the obstacles they faced. All the Unemployed blogs, Facebook pages and Forums urged their members to submit short statements.

Because of our situation and lack of funds, it is almost impossible to organize huge rallies in Washington and around the country. Therefore, we MUST take advantage of opportunities like submitting a short statement to committee hearings that deal with job creation and unemployment. If we don't speak out and stand up for ourselves, we will be forgotten and swept under the rug. We must stand together with one united voice or we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

If your letter for Submission for the Record is not on the list, don't be discouraged, it usually takes approximately two weeks for all to post. Keep checking back to see if your submission has been added!

WITNESSES
Kristen Cox, Executive Director, Utah Workforce Services
Tom Pauken, Chairman, Texas Workforce Commission
Heather Boushey, Ph.D., Senior Economist, Center for American Progress
Douglas J. Holmes, President, UWC-Strategic Services on Unemployment and Workers’Compensation

SUBMISSIONS FOR THE RECORD

Yvonne Goersch
Joyce Fields
Jennifer Snyder
Lori Parker
Martin Thomas
Elizabeth Steere
Rochelle Sevier
Ellen Turner
Paul Pittman
Tracy Santee
Janice Nichols
James Bufton
Scott Carlson
William Milner

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  468390

At the bottom of the official transcripts in this link, you can read the Submissions for the Record from 14 unemployed Americans, keep watching for yours! ET's letter is here, as well as mine and I am proud that my opinion will be part of the Congressional Record on the subject of the unemployment crisis in America.

A BIG THANK YOU to ALL who supported this effort!

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  9685

http://www.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=228061

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  34243

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  66067

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja-lite Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi all
Just registered for this new site after I saw my name on the submission for the record list.
Finally some one has listened to and acknowledged little old me!

ninja-lite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:30 pm

ninja-lite wrote:Hi all
Just registered for this new site after I saw my name on the submission for the record list.

Welcome to the site! You were acknowledged at the hearing? House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  9685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 pm

JaneWI wrote:
ninja-lite wrote:Hi all

Welcome to the site! You were acknowledged at the hearing? House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  9685

Welcome ninja-lite! Thank you for your advocacy!

House Ways & Means Committee - HEARING ON IMPROVING EFFORTS TO HELP UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS FIND JOBS  938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down