Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL)

3 posters

Go down

Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) Empty Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL)

Post by jj Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/january-38295-seasonal-economist.html
jj
jj

Back to top Go down

Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) Empty Re: Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Nothing worse that job spin numbers from an expert, except the comments posted by some who read the article. Sad.

Back to top Go down

Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) Empty Re: Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL)

Post by gonzofl Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm

This is a quote from Kathleen Woodring,COO of Florida Workforce Connection:

"Florida’s unemployment rate, 11.9 percent, is the second highest in the nation and would be 20.1 percent if discouraged workers, those working part-time involuntarily and others marginally employed are factored in".

http://www.chronicleonline.com/content/unemployment-citrus-levy-marion-rises
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 am

gonzofl wrote:This is a quote from Kathleen Woodring,COO of Florida Workforce Connection:

"Florida’s unemployment rate, 11.9 percent, is the second highest in the nation and would be 20.1 percent if discouraged workers, those working part-time involuntarily and others marginally employed are factored in".

http://www.chronicleonline.com/content/unemployment-citrus-levy-marion-rises

It's gonna get a lot worse once Dictator Rick Scott eliminates the 8,000 jobs he has promised he'll do. Seeing what he has done so far I believe it will happen.

Crying or Very sad
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:48 am

I posted this earlier on another thread. Just wait for the unemployment numbers over the next three months when all these cuts are in place. Some one please tell me how this is creating jobs. In the real world we all seem to live in, we all know that we need to curb spending and get back on the right track, I just didn't realize we had to destroy what's left before we can start building back up again. Why these people don't realize that many, many economists have spoken on this and that doing too much, too quickly will rock the shaky ground we are living on. It took years for us to get to this point and we have some in government now who really believe that this slash and burn cutting right now, this very minute is going to solve our problems. We need serious planning, and it will have to be done over time to straighten this out. I have serious doubts that cutting education, state workers salaries and pensions and doing away with collective bargaining are going to create jobs and put us on the right path to fiscal responsibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:35 am

MaryKay...it won't create jobs. It will only make it that much harder to find work because there will be many more people looking than there already are right now. I'm of the opinion that the politicians that run this country (both Reps and Dems) are more concerned about pleasing their base to get re-elected than tackling the root causes of unemployment and lack of jobs. The on-going games and political bickering is accomplishing nothing positive. The Republicans are the main culprit in this crisis but the Democrats have fallen short by not being forceful and aggressive. Obama is a huge disappointment because he is not LEADING. He's sitting back and waiting for others to do his job instead of being involved. At this point I've decided I may not even bother to vote next year because I feel things are never going to get better only worse regardless of who is in office.

Crying or Very sad
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:09 pm

chopthis91 I agree, that was the point I was trying to make. However, I completely disagree with your not voting. Don't ever give up that right or privledge. I think too many did that last November and that's why we have some of the Governors we have now, wreaking more havoc on peoples lives. It is very easy to feel completely trampled right now I agree, however, all the more reason for us to continue fighting. People everywhere are starting to catch on. Sometimes if you give people enough rope, as they say, they'll hang themselves. I think there are several elected officials who are tighten their own nooses right now. I don't profess to know nearly enough about the entirety of the law, but I am not sure some things being done, proposed and enacted would stand up in Federal Court. Not to mention, let them keep slashing programs, making cuts and cutting jobs. When the unemployment numbers take a huge jump again, they'll get the message. Big time. In the meantime, those of us affected by issues need to stay together and advocate for change. Teachers, police, firefighters, unemployed, 99ers, state, city and municipal workers need to stay together and keep fighting (I am not suggesting violence in any way). Eventually, they will have to come to an agreement with all of us, as we will with them. None of us can have it all, but we need to work together (as do they) to move forward, not keep standing still and certainly not move backwards. In this fragile economy, stopping the foreclosure help, adding more to the unemployment rolls, cutting programs will take us back to where we were in 2008 and it won't take long.

Please keep call and emailing and faxing. Don't stand on the sidelines, send out even two tweets, calls, faxes or emails every day. Most importantly don't let them win by giving up your right to vote for the people you feel most represent you and your interests. You may not always get your man, but you'll feel worse if you don't try. Local jobless rate worsens in January; economist says it's only seasonal flux (FL) 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I'll vote MaryKay but right now I feel like it will do no good...but again I'll vote. Just wish the election was sooner. 2012 is a ways off and a lot more damage can be done by the time it rolls around. The last 10 years have been a disaster for this country and many things that got us to this point either haven't been addressed enough or not addressed at all like...

-TOTALLY ending the 2 wars (get our troops out of there Iraq and Afghan!!!)
-Bush and his cronies have not been indicted for WAR CRIMES!!
-Wall Street and bankers haven't been indicted for crimes that caused the collapse!!
-Unemployment and jobs creation have not been addressed nearly enough. We need a comprehensive jobs bill including expanding the benefits program and help for the 99ers!!
-Drastically cut military spending and funding to the Pentagon
-Punish ALL companies who outsource jobs and companies overseas (higher taxes) and REWARD those companies who don't (lower taxes)
-Impose higher tariffs on ALL imports
-Impose restrictions on lobbying/special interests
-Cut out or drastically reduce pork barrel spending

**FOR CONGRESS (they need to lead by example!!!)**
-Term limits for Senators and House members (4 year min, 8 years max)
-Require Congress to work a minimum of 5 days per week
-Cut back time off for Congress members
-No 100% free health care for Congress members (they pay into the plans)
-Reduce pensions for Congress members from 100% to 35% of salary at retirement

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down