Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors

5 posters

Go down

Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors Empty Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Bear with me as I rant on about something ...

The unemployment problem that exists in the United States seems to evidently be creating its own economic activity and keeping some Americans employed. After reading an article on Huffington Post, I was entertained by the idea that by Congress not passing extended unemployment benefits for the 99ers that they are actually keeping a substantial number of currently employed Americans from losing their jobs.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about families defaulting on their mortgage loans, "repo" agencies from delinquent car payments as well as Americans who control a lot of debt through bank loans and credit card bills. Apparently, as Americans are no longer able to pay their bills, they are creating a new surge of work for those who work in these areas of American business.

I just find it ironic that being unemployed and owing thousands of dollars in mortgages, loans and credit card bills is keeping the rest of the country employed.

Back to top Go down

Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors Empty Re: Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors

Post by sbraney Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:01 pm

I hear ya Kemcha - this country is so perverted - we throw all our resources into death and destruction so the plutocrats can get a good return on their investment - oldest trick in the book. Meanwhile, things that are life promoting are left without funding. The whole "security threat" is totally out of control. C-Span interviewed the former CIA director, Hayden, who is now a "principal" in the Chertof Group - remember, Michael Chertof was the former head of Homeland Security. Keep the threats up boys so we can obtain some lucrative contracts too.

A friend of mine rec'd a charge on her credit card statement for $900 - apparently she agreed to have a group of thieves look into the possibility of reducing her debt which she could do herself.

I've had it with this gangster state...

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors Empty Re: Long Term Unemployed Creating a New Job Market for Debt Collectors

Post by jchapman Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

The unemployed are a also creating a job market for community and career colleges. If fact, you could be actually be applying for college anytime you think you are applying for a job. My experience lately is that I start getting phone calls from college recruiters after applying for jobs, but not from the folks that I apply to. A warning about something called affiliate marketing appears on Craigslist, and this seems to be what they could be talking about.
Also, if you receive food stamp benefeits with an EBT card, you are contributing to a 50 billion dollar revenue source for JP Morgan Chase. Just go onto YouTube and type JP Morgan Chase Food Stamps and watch the videos. As you are watching, just remember, this is the JP Morgan Chase that the Fed loaned 55 billion dollars to buy Bear Stearns, took 25 billion dollars in bailout money from the stimilus, and was sued for shorting silver prices. Now just what kind of a job market do you think is being created with that $50 billion that JP Morgan is raking in from its food stamp business?

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

jchapman wrote:The unemployed are a also creating a job market for community and career colleges. If fact, you could be actually be applying for college anytime you think you are applying for a job. My experience lately is that I start getting phone calls from college recruiters after applying for jobs, but not from the folks that I apply to. A warning about something called affiliate marketing appears on Craigslist, and this seems to be what they could be talking about.
Also, if you receive food stamp benefeits with an EBT card, you are contributing to a 50 billion dollar revenue source for JP Morgan Chase. Just go onto YouTube and type JP Morgan Chase Food Stamps and watch the videos. As you are watching, just remember, this is the JP Morgan Chase that the Fed loaned 55 billion dollars to buy Bear Stearns, took 25 billion dollars in bailout money from the stimilus, and was sued for shorting silver prices. Now just what kind of a job market do you think is being created with that $50 billion that JP Morgan is raking in from its food stamp business?

You have to be real careful when you fill out registration forms on job search sites. READ all terms and conditions and opt out of any kinds of solicitations like schools. There are a lot of tricks being used. Don't give your phone number out either. IN OTHER WORDS...DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Never pay anything to send anyone or any website a fee for a job search or to apply for a job search.

There are always free alternatives to job searches and your individual states should have a system that allows you to do a job search.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 pm

jchapman wrote:The unemployed are a also creating a job market for community and career colleges. If fact, you could be actually be applying for college anytime you think you are applying for a job. My experience lately is that I start getting phone calls from college recruiters after applying for jobs, but not from the folks that I apply to. A warning about something called affiliate marketing appears on Craigslist, and this seems to be what they could be talking about.

Be careful with Career Colleges.. they will run up 40k of debt for you in a minute.. Community College.. The only way to go.. I get federal money in grant form and I have a fee waiver for classes...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 pm

You have to be careful anywhare you apply for work nowdays, These phone calls have come to me after applying for jobs in person, as well as online. You have to give your telephone number, so that the person can contact you, it still works that way. You have to give somebody the benefeit of a doubt, but that doesn't mean you let down your guard,.
As far as telemarketers go, there's caller ID, & you can always hang up. Not only that, but I have turned the tables on these guys, just to show them who they can take for a fool. There are some reverse phone lookup sites where you can look up where they are located for free. It shakes them up if you ask them if there are any colleges in the town where they're located & tell them that's where they're calling from. Here's a real no-brainer. More often than not, if you answer, the person has a foreign accent, and if you call back on the caller ID number, sometimes you get a message that the line has been disconnected & is no longer in use. Then. mysteriously, later you get another call from the same number. If that happens, it's an independently owned payphone, ie, not owned by the local phone company. You find these these in strip malls. That's just how fly by night things have gotten.

Last edited by jchapman on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Worrier Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 am

call block works well for the debt collector that tends to harrass
Worrier
Worrier

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:39 am

Be careful of returning any calls - does anyone remember that Jamaican woman who advertised all the time on TV for "free" psychic readings? She scammed people out of tons of money and fled the country - don't know if she got away with it or not, but the phone companies made people pay. The first minute was free, but it took five minutes to get connected to someone. See below for the latest. (I got an email that an acquaintance had died - it was obvious to me that nobody I know would send an email with this news in the headline.) I suppose that criminal behavior will increase as people become more desperate and there will be plenty of immoral individuals who will take advantage of it. Don't put your SSN on applications until you've been given an offer, get at least an email quote of any work you are authorizing - plumbing, automotive, etc. - it is rampant - even people that you've commonly done business with.

New Area Code - PLEASE READ Be sure you read this and pass it on.

809 Area Code
We actually received a call last week from the 809 area code. The woman said 'Hey, this is Karen.. Sorry I missed you- get back to us quickly. I have something important to tell you.' Then she repeated a phone number beginning with 809. We did not respond. Then this week, we received the following e-mail:

Do Not DIAL AREA CODE 809, 284, AND 876 from the U.S. Or Canada .

This one is being distributed all over the US ... This is pretty scary, especially given the way they try to get you to call.

Be sure you read this and pass it on.

They get you to call by telling you that it is information about a family member who has been ill or to tell you someone has been arrested, died, or to let you know you have won a wonderful prize, etc..
In each case, you are told to call the 809 number right away. Since there are so many new area codes these days, people unknowingly return these calls.

If you call from the U.S or Canada , you will apparently be charged a minimum of
$2425 per-minute.

And you'll also get a long recorded message. The point is, they will try to keep you on the phone as long as possible to increase the charges.
WHY IT WORKS:

The 809 area code is located in the Dominican Republic ..
The charges afterward can become a real nightmare. That's because you did actually make the call. If you complain, both your local phone company and your long distance carrier will not want to get involved and will most likely tell you that they are simply providing the billing for the foreign company. You'll end up dealing with a foreign company that argues they have done nothing wrong.

Please forward this entire message to your friends, family and colleagues to help them become aware of this scam.

AT&T VERIFIES IT'S TRUE :http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=6045

SNOPES VERIFIES IT'S TRUE:http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/809..asp

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

sbraney is correct. Always do your research. If you don't recognize the phone number, don't call them back because that's when they realize that they have a "LIVE" phone number. Otherwise, they will bombard you at all hours of the day and night.

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 pm

When you look up a number on a reverse telephone lookup, it shows the location, and you can confirm it by refering to the telephone directory. The last time one of these college recruiters called, it was from my own area code, There had been many call attempts lately from a north Georgia area code. I made a point not to answer out of area calls, & these calls came at a time that a temporary staffing service might call. It's like they'd never heard of caller ID, so they got folks in my area code.
Additionally, by Federal law, no telemarketer or bill collector can call you between 9:00 PM and 8:00 AM by the legal time in effect at your residence.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down