Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9%

+13
venitianstar@surewest.net
RookieCAF
steveninspokane
jmainframe
jj
superstevies
Mike473
Jobless_in_Ma
TR11005
gettheminNOVEMBER
chopthis91
mistermunster
cps70
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 Empty Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9%

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Somebody is deliberately fudging the unemployment numbers:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41903404/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/?ns=business-stocks_and_economy&from=toolbar

Last edited by kemcha on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9%

Post by MaryH Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks so much for the information DesperatinRI and Carlch. Sure hoping not to have to worry about a Tier 4! But good to know I at least have the rest of Tier 1 and Tier 2.

MaryH

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9%

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:44 am

and tier 3!

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 am

""Somebody is deliberately fudging the unemployment numbers:""

What else is new..I would like to see the math on how they get these numbers..Do the 99ers get added to the equation and how about the people who drop out of the work force??How about the under employed do they count??AW FORGET IT..Oh how easy it is to manipulate #'s BLeep Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 681285 Frustrated

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by carlch Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:16 pm

keilowkei wrote:""Somebody is deliberately fudging the unemployment numbers:""

What else is new..I would like to see the math on how they get these numbers..Do the 99ers get added to the equation and how about the people who drop out of the work force??How about the under employed do they count??AW FORGET IT..Oh how easy it is to manipulate #'s BLeep Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 681285 Frustrated

The figures may be accurate, however, the numbers are insignificant relative to the millions of jobs that have been lost. Please view the PBS Nightly Business Report video for Friday, Mar 4 - it will take 5 million jobs to be created to bring the national UE rate to 8%. The economy is still in the tank. What many folks don't know is many large corporations are embracing the China and India business markets. Millions of jobs will NOT be returning and older workers such as myself are really hung out to dry unless you can find temp or lower paying jobs. This is the new economic world and what I've witnessed this past six weeks in terms of work ethic with the "new, younger, educated work force" --- is quite discouraging this country's future.

Last edited by carlch on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sentence restructure)

carlch

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm

carlch wrote:
keilowkei wrote:""Somebody is deliberately fudging the unemployment numbers:""

The figures may be accurate, however, the numbers are insignificant relative to the millions of jobs that have been lost. Please view the PBS Nightly Business Report video for Friday, Mar 4 - it will take 5 million jobs to be created to bring the national UE rate to 8%. The economy is still in the tank. What many folks don't know is many large corporations are embracing the China and India business markets. Millions of jobs will NOT be returning and older workers such as myself are really hung out to dry unless you can find temp or lower paying jobs. This is the new economic world and what I've witnessed this past six weeks in terms of work ethic with the "new, younger, educated work force" --- is quite discouraging this country's
future.

I did see the PBS video..Plus the jobs that were lost are not coming back and the newer jobs are not as good and dont pay as much......Any way I do really doubt those numbers are accurate..You see 19 different articles about the U.E rate and they all say something different..I,E the economy is good the economy is bad..We gained this many public sector jobs but lot this many in the private sector..Its a joke but just not a funny one..

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Just wait until next month. Many companies announced in Nov/Dec that they were laying off starting the first quarter of this year. This will go up and down for the next 6 months. #1 - States are slashing budgets which include teachers, police, firefighters and municipall workers. #2 - Healthcare Insurers are laying off due to the State's cutting funding on adult basic programs. Community Health Centers funded by the government will be laying off due to budget and healthcare cuts made by the States. Sad to say, but I don't think we are through the worst.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Im not convinced we will see the unemployment rate be reported as going up anymore.
It should of been going up and its not. Were losing jobs still and not creating 1/2 of what we need, yet we saw a .5 drop in the last few months.
Its all smoke n mirrors to keep the fat cats on Wall street making the money.

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Was listening to the news on the radio this afternoon. Our friends at NELP report that most of the job gains are for lower-paying jobs. The higher-paying jobs in this "so-called recovery" (NELP's words) have not come back!

Congratulations! Walmart welcomes you on board!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

jmainframe wrote:Was listening to the news on the radio this afternoon. Our friends at NELP report that most of the job gains are for lower-paying jobs. The higher-paying jobs in this "so-called recovery" (NELP's words) have not come back!

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 86524 NELP is just figuring this out? Where have they been. Around here, WalChina-Mart isn't even hiring!
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 482574

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:04 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
jmainframe wrote:Was listening to the news on the radio this afternoon. Our friends at NELP report that most of the job gains are for lower-paying jobs. The higher-paying jobs in this "so-called recovery" (NELP's words) have not come back!

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 86524 NELP is just figuring this out? Where have they been. Around here, WalChina-Mart isn't even hiring!
Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 482574

Yeah, NELP has been busy throwing the long-term unemployed under the bus, IMHO.

Walmart has had 7 consecutive quarters of declining sales (though they're still remaining profitable...for now). Perhaps that's why they're not hiring. Also, when it comes to products they sell that are produced and distributed domestically (like food), Walmart's prices are quite high!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Breaking News: Unemployment Rate Drops to 8.9% - Page 3 762939 I swear on the news last week the anchorman was reporting on wallyworlds declining sales. He stated that this was due in part to the ECONOMY IMPROVING and people were back to shopping again at the higher end stores! Now, i have heard it all ! The BS meter just exploded.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3