Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs?

Go down

Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? Empty Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:44 pm

The details behind the BLS's so-called "headline numbers" have been dissected and compared every which way and back to those of previous recessions. Seasonal adjustment formulas have been slammed and defended. Data from the two surveys that underpin the analyses of the monthly report — of 60,000 households and of 140,000 business establishments — are called contradictory. Upward and downward revisions of data from previous months, as well as previous years, are offered as prima facie evidence that the numbers simply can't be trusted.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/03/951988/-Fridays-Labor-Department-report-may-show-best-private-job-creation-in-years-But-what-kind-of-jobs?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29&utm_content=Twitter

Back to top Go down

Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs? Empty Re: Friday's Labor Department report may show best private job creation in years. But what kind of jobs?

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:16 pm

This is nothing new. Those of us who have researched this job crisis know that high paying jobs are rare, mid-paying jobs are scarce, and low-paying jobs are becoming the norm. Many of the jobs are service industry type jobs (I.E. customer service, retail, and hospitality).

I'd be happy with a service job because that is where my greatest experience is but unfortunately my age (too old), work experience (too much), and time unemployed (going on 21 months) are really hurting my chances of landing even a $9 or $10 job. Companies have to know how critical my situation is just by looking at the time I've been out of work. They're in control and I have little to bargain with in spite of my "life experience".

I also realize that many who come to this site are in the same boat. We are all reaching out for support and to discuss our frustrations, worries, and concerns which are varied and many. God help us all!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down