Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation

4 posters

Go down

US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  Empty US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm

In face of the worldwide economic crisis—rooted in a slowdown of production, employment and trade—the bosses only “solution” is to deepen the exploitation of working people.

“The economy is growing stronger. The recovery is speeding up,” said Obama Feb. 3 in response to the government’s announcement that the unemployment rate declined to 8.3 percent in January from 8.5 percent the previous month.

These figures are “dangerously misleading,” noted Mohamed el-Erian in a Washington Post opinion piece the same day. “In fact, our current unemployment crisis is a force for broad and disruptive economic, political and social dislocations.”

The Labor Department simply does not count growing numbers of workers without jobs, shoving them into a “not in labor force” category. A record 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in January from the previous month.
http://tinyurl.com/7zu5fhw

Back to top Go down

US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  Empty Re: US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation

Post by Marian Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I don't get why in face of this Recession employers are not offering more part time jobs instead of full time low paying ones...Just offer part time positions with half way decent salaries and benefits and put more people back to work!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation  Empty Re: US stats mask joblessness as bosses deepen exploitation

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 am

More part-time jobs, with benefits and decent pay is the last thing they want to do! IMO, right now employers are exploiting the employees they do have, adding more job responsibilities and longer hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes, sadly exploiting is a correct word. We could erase so much suffering if employers only hired more people, and payed living wages, and benefits. I think many employees have been putting in too long of hours, and it makes no sense when there are so many workers unemployed. We are unfortuately going backward, expecting people to work for wages that do not supply basic living expenses, and making them work more hours.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Totally agree!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

In fact, that should have been the law instead of cutting people's UI benefits!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 pm

I do not get why the bosses do not care. Is everything owned by mega corporations now. I feel like the social contract is gone. How come none of them want to help their workers out. Do they want to see people starve?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I don't get it either... Why don't small business hire more part time people? Seems like a win-win to me...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Woody wrote:More part-time jobs, with benefits and decent pay is the last thing they want to do! IMO, right now employers are exploiting the employees they do have, adding more job responsibilities and longer hours.

I can vouch for that! Its what happened to me...although I get around 37 to 45 hours per week now, its 9 an hour for a job that should be at least 15 with a ton of added responsibilities. It seems like every time I turn around Im "responsible" for more more more and more with no raise and no benefits. We are extremely short staffed and the employees that are there are overworked and very stressed because they know they have no choice but to put up with it, and my boss sure as hell doesnt give a dam!!

The worst part about this is that its a job where we are responsible for the well being of others. Its a rest home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 pm

I've heard horrible stories about rest homes... It's so sad that the workers are over worked and the residents are not cared for like they should be... Very sad...

I had an interview at one near where I live and then looked it up. It's really expensive to live there so even though they don't pay their employees well someone sure is making money...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

The employer know they have got all the cards.. and they are taking full advantage.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down