Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term Unemployed

4 posters

Go down

Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed Empty Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term Unemployed

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

WE all know not to expect much, or much of anything, from Congress these days. But watching the latest political gamesmanship over whether to extend long-term unemployment benefits for 2012 has somehow set the bar even lower. Don't tell me this is proper political discourse, or just the normal horse-trading that occurs in Washington. It is unconscionable in December 2011 to not have a quick and clear extension of long-term benefits given the severe hardship millions of households are experiencing.

Of the 13.3 million Americans on the books as officially unemployed, 43 percent — 5.7 million — have been out of work for at least 27 weeks. The nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities says the previous high for the long-term unemployed over the last 60 years was 26 percent in 1983. Yet here we are at 43 percent and Congress is dickering over whether or not to extend the benefits.

And please don't fall for any spin that the seemingly positive unemployment report for November mitigates the need to help the long-term unemployed.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2017007914_guest14jobless.html

Back to top Go down

Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed Empty Re: Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term Unemployed

Post by Marian Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Good that it's by someone like Suze Orman who people tend to listen to...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term  Unemployed Empty Re: Congress' shameful Treatment of the Nations Long Term Unemployed

Post by wausauguy Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this

While the article does not change my situation or the situation for so many, it is somehow reassuring that the issue of long-term employment is addressed by some.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurtin@home Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am

Clearly they don't care. That is indesputible.
I wonder if they will care when we break our feet off in their a**es?

Hurtin@home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

I remember when people would not discuss the unemployed or give them the time of day. When I first started advocating it was like screaming into deaf ears. We were ignored by MSM and congress. Now it seems as if unemployment is the topic of discussion everywhere, even in other countries...accept of course when it comes to the GOP. they discuss it but its as if we are the enemy and so far refuse to offer help for the longest long term unemployed(99ers). HR3630 was like a kick in the stomach to the unemployed. Hoping public opinion is on our side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Seems that a lot of people want to see the unemployed helped, although, there are many staunch Republicans who claim that helping the unemployed is creating more debt problems which of course is lame...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by displaced in MA Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm confused too. If I triggered off of IV in MA and EB ended for me in June 2011, does this extension make me eligible to claim?

displaced in MA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Unfortunately no it does not, displaced in Ma. There is a bill in congress that would make 99ers eligible if it were to pass. Its called the "Restore the American Dream Act for the 99%" http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/uploads/4OnePagerRAD99.pdf

This bill would also create 2 million jobs! Its a great bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down