Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?'

5 posters

Go down

Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' Empty Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?'

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 am

While Democrats want a renewal of the benefits without strings attached, House Republicans are crafting a proposal that will reauthorize federal benefits programs and simultaneously slash benefits. Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.), the top Democrat on the House committee that oversees jobless benefits, sharply criticized the nascent proposal.

"While we don't have all the details, in this case the devil is made plain in the general outlines of the Republican proposal," Levin said in a statement. "The plan Republicans presented this morning would slash federal unemployment insurance by more than half, cutting by 40 weeks Americans' eligibility for assistance -- even as we continue to emerge from the worst recession in 80 years. Also very concerning are indications that Republicans may propose undermining access to regular state unemployment benefits in the future."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/unemployment-extension_n_1137403.html?ref=unemployment

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' Empty Re: Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?'

Post by Marian Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm glad to read that the Democrats are fighting this proposal. It's so cruel to slash benefits with the Depression, I mean Recession... I've never such a hard time finding a job and will lose my home without help...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?' Empty Re: Unemployment Extension: 'What Are They Waiting On?'

Post by TR11005 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Newt to become President. Then he would veto it! At least that is the truth. We need to vote every one out that is against this bill!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:48 pm

Its scary, the more desperate the unemployed become the more the GOP resists. At times I cant help but wonder if they are doing it just to spite us. They act as if we offend them and are punishing us for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 pm

They are pushing Obama...It's obnoxious!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

Does anyone know if they are going to include something for the 99ers in this bill?

doreenb

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:40 pm

doreenb wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to include something for the 99ers in this bill?

Nothing that I have heard of.

On a side note, I wish the Occupy movement had chosen a different logo than the 99%, I bet a lot of uninformed people confuse the 99ers with the 99%. Of course all 99ers are part of the "99%' that the occupy movement references...sorry I'm rambling this morning rendeer

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:57 pm

broketrucker wrote:
doreenb wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to include something for the 99ers in this bill?

Nothing that I have heard of.

On a side note, I wish the Occupy movement had chosen a different logo than the 99%, I bet a lot of uninformed people confuse the 99ers with the 99%. Of course all 99ers are part of the "99%' that the occupy movement references...sorry I'm rambling this morning rendeer
I agree. I believe the 99ers are confused with the "99%" also. As far as including anything for those who have already exhausted benefits, the latest bill introduced takes 40 weeks away from those who are still without a job and states may require drug testing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Typical republican shannanigans. Talk about being kicked while you are down. This however would never get out the senate and I can't see Obama signing this piece of turd.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down